The Mourinho Thread

anyone got a likely day for us to finally get confirmation of who our manager will actually be?

Our season finishes next Sunday (or maybe after the post season friendlies in USA?) and Madrid's season finishes on the 1st of June. Obviously whoever we get is going to want to be here ASAP, so would it be a good bet to look to 1 week after Madrids last game? 7th/8th of June?

i dont think ill be able to relax until i know who is in charge for next season. officially.

I would think after Friday, we would know whether Jose is infact, going to Chelsea...

Mourinho to City rumors are just more media bullshit as far as I can see.

José's name will be thrown around at any opportunity to add spice to the most mundane stories. For example, the Fergie/Moyes story would've been the most boring manigerial story without José's name being thrown into the pot and they know it. Same goes here.

I can see him coming here and both sides of Manchester will cry inside.

Not to portray José as bigger than the club or anything. I can still see us winning tropihes next year regardless. All we need are the right buys in the summer.

Do you know whats funny, if you dont follow every media source under the sun but instead focus on the mainly reliable ones..there are very little rumors about. Aint heard jose to city in ages

There's no real rumors?

(not up to date much, in library most of the time so I use TC as a newsfeed)

Then why the hell are some people here freaking out?!?

There's no real rumors?

"Then why the hell are some people here freaking out?!?"

Because they have no faith in Mourinho and the board.

Isnt Man City board ex Barca people that despise Mourinho?

Yep. Txiki Bergiristain is one for sure. Some said that he was the one that interviewed Mourinho for the Barca job and turned him down, that part is just a massive rumor though. Anyone associated with Barca doesn't like him, that's for sure.

Yep. Txiki Bergiristain is one for sure. Some said that he was the one that interviewed Mourinho for the Barca job and turned him down, that part is just a massive rumor though. Anyone associated with Barca doesn't like him, that's for sure.

It's so funny cause Mourinho was barca before his time as a manager..... Now they hate him...

There's no real rumors?

because as I said most on here read every and ANY news/rumor sites that speculate every possible outcome

some fans dont like him anymore because of his announcements towards casillas. futhermore, he just cant play possession-football. all real madrid can do is counter-attack. if they have to dictate the game by their own, they are mostly looking clueless. they have no tactics or style of play beside the counter-attack. he couldnt stabilise the defense. he did really good things (bringen them 3 times into the semis, beating barca etc) but he couldnt implement an identity, a style of football beside of counter-attacking. so he did fail with this and he coulnt bring in "la decima". futhermore he has fallen out with a lot of players in the squad and with the media which he hates.

Good Observation & I applaud for you interpretation of what went down in Madrid. Still the Madridistas haven't been shown in a negative light in their support for Jose. CFC fans on the other hand have portrayed as the demon spawn for their lack of support of telly tubby. rafadyce has said some very negative stuff about The Chels fans & Legends & he refused to acknowledged it. Like the song says rafa doesn't care about us. So we have a reason for the lack of support, but RM have seen a lot more success & I have never heard anything negative from Jose about RM. I will just be an quiet observer & just shake my head. I really hope Jose comes back to a place that he is loved. We all know the name of that place on Fulham Road :)

If Mourinho was a 'failure' at Madrid then just about every manager at their helm in the past decade has been a failure. So I don't really see that as a blemish on his career.