The Mourinho Thread

It's a good shout that Jose will be with us for the long haul now. I don't see why not. He's done the rounds in all the top leagues and won everything he can with each team:

Spain - hasn't won everything with Real but he's not staying or ever going back there and the only other option in Spain is Barca and that's never happening either

Italy - Serie A just isn't that attractive anymore, unless something dramatic happens maybe he goes back to Inter but I don't see that happening anytime soon, maybe 10 years from now if Serie A can get back to the powerhouse it used to be

France - Ligue 1 isn't a top league, not enough in France for Mou to be interested in, he needs a big pond and France is never getting that big.

England - No-brainer he will like to spend the majority of his career here now.

Chelsea's problem has been Mourinho even after he left, all that came after were compared to him (or rather his success). None achieved it, so they got fired and none have the notoriety of a Mou (only Pep and Fergie do) where the owner will be willing to sit through a slump while maintaining trust in the manager that it'll eventually turn around. Roman never had that trust in anyone, he gave them some leeway, some more than others but if they weren't able to turn it around soon they got the boot. I think Roman has learnt the lesson and risking that patience with Mou is easier because there will never be better or even close to the same level of manager around. I now see Roman showing trust in Mou and Mou staying here for the long haul. The only way he leaves now will be for other reasons than purely football, reasons like at Madrid with him completely loosing the dressing room which I don't see it happening at Chelsea because our squad is too young and they will be matured and nurtured by Mou himself so I don't see anyone ever rivaling Mou. The only ones that could, will be gone this summer or by the next.

I think Roman has been trying for a while to be patient with managers and hire one for the long term. This was evident with the AVB signing, and I think AVB would have stuck around till now if he hadn't lost the dressing room like he did. Because if it was only about the results, Roman would have parted ways with AVB sooner. RDM appointment seemed like it was out of desperation, no other mangers around that could have made the choice easy enough to not offer a CL winning manager an extension. And, I was sad when RDM leaving but I never rated him much and I thought letting him go was a good decision just not happy with who was hired to take his place, again this seemed desperate as there were no other options available. And I am not a fan of Rafa, but credit where it's due the dude has balls to accept the job. That said, even if we make top 4 and win Europa I still don't think he would have performed that well, that won't be enough for me to forget the blunders he has made earlier in the season. Anyways, got a little off topic now.

But yeah, Mou is here for the long haul now imo. If not the coming season, then the season after I see us winning back the title.

Mourinho...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8704825/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

...my good friends know which club I would like to manage when I finish my work at Real Madrid.

Deal as good as done then, Ferguson is clearly one of these 'good friends' and a while back he seemed to think Jose's coming back. Only a matter of him being released from his contract at Real Madrid now.

What's great about this is that finally we will get some stability.

At least I hope, cause Mourinho is still Mourinho and can flip out any day and lose his nerve with Roman.

I hope he learn his lesson this time, as well as Roman!

Mourinho, that name alone will have an effect similar to that of Drogba in his last season. Just seeing him there gives you hope. The nervousness that enters our play won't be there anymore and the fighting spirit will be further enhanced. I think a guy like Oscar will gain the most on a personal level whereas Hazard would probably benefit the most on the field.

Seeing and reading news like that is getting extremely annoying. Everyday, we encounter many stories that basically says "Mourinho will return to Chelsea" and there have been tons of them till it got to the point where we do not want to hear those anymore. We just want to see, hear and/or read the news that CONFIRMS he's returning! We have heard enough of all these stories or hints that he's returning already FFS!!