The Mourinho Thread

Despite all the dislike to emanolo I still like him because I thought he did a great job of getting young and exciting players.

All this came to a stop once Mourinho came to the club and started trading our talent for players that will eventually "betray" him.

Ah the irony.

Anyhow with emanolo at the club we should go back to getting young and exciting talents and should do good this time now that Mourinho is gone for good.

It's also about those connections you develop with people within the club, specifically the manager. We've had that Mourinho like no other and I know some may dismiss that as being a 'fanboy' or it being a 'cult of Mourinho' but to me they're fundamentally misunderstanding what it is to support a club, to put your aspirations in the hands of someone.

It's almost like reading a Sheldon Cooper thesis on foot

Bazinga!

ball fandom.

to a point....but each can have their own 'connection'

Where I stand at the ground...the 2 guys one side of me didnt think much of Mourinho and the guy the other side had this thing of not liking Drogba from his 1st season and never changed his view.

Both in general club legends, but not revered by everyone

True,

But I do offer the case of City and their very late ascension to the elite. They had to wait a considerable amount of time, compared to Chelsea, to get to where they are. Inflation and all accounted for, you can argue that they spent even more to just try and match our credentials. In 7 years, since their take over, all they can boast is; PL x2 and the FA Cup x1. They've only made it past the Champions League GS twice too.

By comparison, Chelsea were on their way to a PL x3, FA Cup x3 & LC x2. While you can argue that perhaps we spent the most wise, Mourinho did help shape what was to become the Chelsea core for 8-9 years before we had a clear out of that guard he'd helped us built. That's where City went wrong, you can argue, under Hughes they never built that core & it meant they spent close to £1bn before they touched their first PL title.

There are two big differences with City.

1- City started in much worse shape than we did. When Mansour took over the club, City were a mid-table side. Chelsea were Fourth. We were in much better shape (not to mention having a young Lampard and Terry already playing great) We all hate Ken Bates for a reason but he also started to invest in Chelsea before Roman came along. For those of us who were supporters then, Chelsea were a lot of fun to watch and they had a good club.

2-City was dealing with a much more competitive spending league. When Chelsea started spending huge, nobody else in the Premier League was. In 2033-2004, Chelsea spent 153M pounds. Arsenal, their biggest rival at the time, spent 16M pounds. Chelsea spent 290M in the first three seasons of Roman's time at Chelsea. I doubt the entire rest of the Premier League spent half of that net.. When City was starting to spend like crazy, they did so in a league where Chelsea and soon United and later Arsenal were all spending big already (or in Chelsea's case, they had spent so much earlier and were still flush with that talent). If you were a team wanting to spend big now it would also be harder to move up because you are not the only one.

City's road to the top was longer. Chelsea finished in the top 4 when Abramovich took over. City was average. The likes of Elano, Benjani, Petrov, Geovanni etc won't win you a thing. Robinho as your star player isn't nearly enough.

Now City is really starting to gain in on Chelsea. Good thing they're pony in Europe.

Agreed, but I think the first managerial appointment sets the tone so to speak of how that club will develop, imo.

True that Ranieri is technically our first manager under Abramovich, and he did well in recruitment, but Mourinho was the first one picked by the club and he did wonders. Hughes was always going to be out of his depth when managing talent that cost that amount of money.

I mean I've made no mystery of the fact I think the modern manager's role is one of a coach now. Rarely do managers have the level of control usually associated with such a position. Martinez does to an extent at Everton, but once they reluctantly lose their top talent he's hardly likely to stick around.

to a point....but each can have their own 'connection'

Where I stand at the ground...the 2 guys one side of me didnt think much of Mourinho and the guy the other side had this thing of not liking Drogba from his 1st season and never changed his view.

Both in general club legends, but not revered by everyone

In my experience this season, yes there was frustration with the football and Jose did get some (deserved) criticism, but certain players got a ton of stick too and there was a real belief that the club might stick by Jose this time. Now we're completely rudderless and I really think we're proving that old thing about the club becoming nothing more than a rich man's plaything true.

By the way whenever I've read this thread you've been making some excellent points in a sea of criticism from all corners. I enjoyed reading your posts because I actually recognised something approaching what I see in most of the people I see at the games. Keep it up mate.

If there was a rift between mourinho and the players , the club had no alternative , even if the next manager surely won't be better than him.

But, well, fuck the coach, the main issue is replacing oscar and costa by proper football players.

Think the FA might miss Mourinho most of all...he was a nice little money earner over two spells at Chelsea...

shocking lack of respect from Emenalo to refer to Mourinho as 'the individual'...after all, he is hardly blameless.

Just a puppet saying what Tenebaum, Buck had prepared for him.

But lets have a look at him a minute.

He was brought to the club in 2007 by Avram Grant as 'opposition scout'. Grant himself was a nobody who 'just used to put the cones and bibs out'. at Pompey but has a habit of ingratiating himself with Jewish oligarchs. Emanalo was made 'assistant coach' and then 'Technical Director' when Wilkins was sacked. He has the final say in recruitment at academy and senior levels, and meets Abramovich regularly to tell him whats going on.

He might be good at what he does, but imo the cuntishness shown in this never has been, two bob clown of a parasite still theiving a living off us, is what is palpable.

The important thing to remember is that when Abramivich wanted Mourinho back, Jose didnt want Emanalo hanging about any more, but Abramovich said he wanted him there for what ever reason.- But to many reports he has been Abramovichs eyes and ears for several years now, so thats propbably whats important.

Life goes on, noone bigger than the club etc along with other cliches. However it is apparent that it is money that is running the game, and if Chelsea had a 'soul' it was in Cech, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba, and Mouirnho. To me this is as important than money, and I would rather the 'soul' be in the above than Buck, Emanalo, Maria - all I can see is another merry go round of managers, the odd cup and Liverpool type mediocrity looming. Hope I am wrong.

Agreed, but I think the first managerial appointment sets the tone so to speak of how that club will develop, imo.

True that Ranieri is technically our first manager under Abramovich, and he did well in recruitment, but Mourinho was the first one picked by the club and he did wonders. Hughes was always going to be out of his depth when managing talent that cost that amount of money.

I mean I've made no mystery of the fact I think the modern manager's role is one of a coach now. Rarely do managers have the level of control usually associated with such a position. Martinez does to an extent at Everton, but once they reluctantly lose their top talent he's hardly likely to stick around.

I don't know about wonders but he did a great job, that's true. But I think many people forget Ranieri finished 2nd behind the Invincibles and reached the semi-finals of the CL. His team was not as talented as the 04-07 one and his team was quite fresh (in terms of chemistery). You can't tell me Ranieri would never have won the league if he was allowed to stay. He most likely wouldn't have won it in such a dominant fashion, at least that's what I think.

You're probably right about Hughes but I'm sure he was gone before the real talent joined. He had that Adebayor team. But I rate Ranieri higher than Hughes.

Life goes on, noone bigger than the club etc along with other cliches. However it is apparent that it is money that is running the game, and if Chelsea had a 'soul' it was in Cech, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba, and Mouirnho. To me this is as important than money, and I would rather the 'soul' be in the above than Buck, Emanalo, Maria - all I can see is another merry go round of managers, the odd cup and Liverpool type mediocrity looming. Hope I am wrong.

I've said it earlier but this is worse than the Rafa hiring in signalling that we as a support mean nothing and that the club is basically Roman's toy to do with as he wish. I say that as someone who has a lot of affinity for the guy and love to see him enjoying the match, but he is not a football guy and he's not really a Chelsea guy either. He's not 'one of us'.

And for the first time I actually don't think he's worthy of the CPO giving up their stake in the club. Never thought I'd say that but right now I am struggling to like this club. At least with the CPO still holding a stake then I know there's something there that I recognise as being Chelsea, but the club itself seems to be so disconnected with the support that it's untrue.

Emenalo always strikes me as a chancer and fair play to him. He's got the ear of a billionaire based on not very much but I don't trust him. Same goes for Marina who I did like, but she absolutely butchered that Stones deal to the point you wonder if she's anything more than a glorified secretary in over her head. Buck and Tenebaum....no clue. At least with Bates you knew where you stood because he unashamedly spouted it whether you wanted him to or not. We've never really heard Roman speak and now he sends out Emenalo to piss everyone off.

He's right, the club is in trouble. He just doesn't realise that he's part of the problem.

I don't know about wonders but he did a great job, that's true. But I think many people forget Ranieri finished 2nd behind the Invincibles and reached the semi-finals of the CL. His team was not as talented as the 04/05 one and his team was quite fresh (in terms of chemistery). You can't tell me Ranieri would never have won the league if he was allowed to stay. He most likely wouldn't have won it in such a dominant fashion, at least that's what I think.

You're probably right about Hughes but I'm sure he was gone before the real talent joined. He had that Adebayor team. But I rate Ranieri higher than Hughes.

For sure, Ranieri is proving his stripes once again but it didn't come as a surprise.

Although I've noticed he's less of the 'tinkerman' this season, he's not really chopped and screwed with LCFC (albeit, that down to lack of personnel perhaps). Hot and cold appointment though, hasn't had the best of luck around since leaving Chelsea. Did well to get Monaco promoted and iirc, he did it in style. But that's when they were boasting a huge talent load (damned tax havens).

For the life of me, I don't remember how his Juve and Inter stints were.

I've said it earlier but this is worse than the Rafa hiring in signalling that we as a support mean nothing and that the club is basically Roman's toy to do with as he wish. I say that as someone who has a lot of affinity for the guy and love to see him enjoying the match, but he is not a football guy and he's not really a Chelsea guy either. He's not 'one of us'.

And for the first time I actually don't think he's worthy of the CPO giving up their stake in the club. Never thought I'd say that but right now I am struggling to like this club. At least with the CPO still holding a stake then I know there's something there that I recognise as being Chelsea, but the club itself seems to be so disconnected with the support that it's untrue.

Emenalo always strikes me as a chancer and fair play to him. He's got the ear of a billionaire based on not very much but I don't trust him. Same goes for Marina who I did like, but she absolutely butchered that Stones deal to the point you wonder if she's anything more than a glorified secretary in over her head. Buck and Tenebaum....no clue. At least with Bates you knew where you stood because he unashamedly spouted it whether you wanted him to or not. We've never really heard Roman speak and now he sends out Emenalo to piss everyone off.

He's right, the club is in trouble. He just doesn't realise that he's part of the problem.

We have to recognise what Abramovichs money has done in terms of success-the silverware, the increase from 20 000 hardcore fans under Bates to the addition of 20 million cyber/TV fans :D But if you or I earn money we are a prudent how we spend it. If you managed to get a permanently drunk Yeltsin to sign you over $12bn of Russian peoples assets, to me you havent really earned it, so would be a lot more cavalier in how you spunk it around. I might get one yacht but 6 ? :D

There seems to be a paranoid pyramid at SW6, Emanalo is one of the whispering ones, amongst the Roman emperors inner circle, and staff seen as disposable assets. Mourinho also aderes to that ruthless way of treating people with the way he balled out, and refused to apologise to the physio woman.

Football what with FIFA totally bent, rather than the beautiful game is pretty ugly now.

For sure, Ranieri is proving his stripes once again but it didn't come as a surprise.

Although I've noticed he's less of the 'tinkerman' this season, he's not really chopped and screwed with LCFC (albeit, that down to lack of personnel perhaps). Hot and cold appointment though, hasn't had the best of luck around since leaving Chelsea. Did well to get Monaco promoted and iirc, he did it in style. But that's when they were boasting a huge talent load (damned tax havens).

For the life of me, I don't remember how his Juve and Inter stints were.

Yeah, hot and cold is right. Don't think his time at Juve and Inter was considered a succes. He seems to like a challenge though, he's in for all kinds of jobs. His timing might not be the best though.

Yeah, hot and cold is right. Don't think his time at Juve and Inter was considered a succes. He seems to like a challenge though, he's in for all kinds of jobs. His timing might not be the best though.

It's amazing when you think the backlash Leicester got for sacking Pearson initially and then eyebrows raised even more when Ranieri was appointed :lol:

It's amazing when you think the backlash Leicester got for sacking Pearson initially and then eyebrows raised even more when Ranieri was appointed :lol:

That's life. The same thing happened when Pochettino was appointed at Southampton. It's always nice when a man proves the masses wrong.

With all this Hiddink talk, I hope he proves me wrong too.

That's life. The same thing happened when Pochettino was appointed at Southampton. It's always nice when a man proves the masses wrong.

That's what we need, a young blood to dazzle us and give us hope.

Hiddink is not that but there's nothing that can be done till the summer.

Hopefully we can do alright.

With Ranieri it was quite obvious that Pearson just wasn't right, continuing the trend of failing English managers.

Hiddink's lucky if you think about it, he doesn't have to commit to any longer than he's signed up for. He'll have 'new manager syndrome' kick in at just the right time and could inspire something great. He's going to to have to win over this team though, from his last tenure only Terry & Ivanovic remain.

He seemed to 'fix' Drogba in 2009 and now maybe he'll have the same effect on Costa.

Accusing Roman of not being "one of us". No other Football chairman has invested so much of their time and money. Get over it. Mourinho's gone for good.