The Mourinho Thread

His management style won us the league last season though. You talk about the good of the team well we've lost a top manager and gained what exactly? Maybe that remains to be seen but once again we've sacked a manager rather than backing him and some people seem happy with that.

From what I can see those same people have no idea who they want to take over either, what they want to see (attacking philosophy keeps cropping up which is funny in a perverse way) or what they think this club wants either.

I can't think of a time since the 80s when the club has been so at sea.

I think Jose had some issues this term, but I'm not happy he was sacked. The list of potential managers reads: shit, shit, had him - shit, shit, meh, shit

I think the club will improve in the short term, but it's kept the long term trend going. Namely, we don't keep managers. Roman wanted Barca in blue, but it's more like Madrid in blue.

Another manager in, another one trying to fit other manager's players in to the wrong holes.

As for his management style. I think his style is to win right away. He gets the chip on the player's shoulders, but I don't think they can sustain it. I don't think many players can match his intensity.

These are criticisms, but I'm still sad to see him go.

Won the league at what price? The results are evident this season right up till he was sacked. Admit it, Mourinho is just a modern day nomad manager.

Well I lost a few days I think celebrating.

He didn't have to be a nomad. He needed to find a home and he probably felt he had until the summer.

Fuck me....we sacked one of us. Never felt so disgusted in this club.

This article explains why Mourinho decided to go back to PL. In England Mourinho is not a manager, he is also an institute, and institute who is bigger than Chelsea, who will always be considered no more than a Russian's billionaire toy. Its really hard to imagine this kind of absurd line if was Liverpool or United sacking a manager that, despite grabbing the PL, left the team one point out of relegation zone, and with 9 defeats and only 4 victories.

For anyone outside England its really absurd hard to understand Mourinho's reputations as a football genius despite all evidences showing the opposite. Piers Morgan is not a Chelsea fan and he is not even a pundit, he doesn't know what been happening with Chelsea since 2013, so its really easy to understand he would come up with this kind of opinion. Days ago he came up with this on twitter "I support Arsenal FC, not Arsene FC". Its really weird when the subject is Chelsea, he is more concerned about the manager than the situation the club is in.

I support Arsenal FC, not Arsène FC. #afc

To be fair all this feels like a reset for me.

We can start afresh and focus on what we really want.

If you think this is bad, then how do you think Juventus felt when they got relegated?

But their board did great work and found a young manager to bring them back to relevance.

I think in time we can get back to that feel good attitude we once had buy these coming months are going to be tough.

If the board do a good business between now and summer it might help lighten the pain.

We should learn from Juventus in times like this.

Nah, bullshit lol. Don't kid yourself mate. How many times have we said that over the last decade? Scolari, Ancelotti, Villas-Boas, we all said the same thing about 'fresh start' and all that rhetoric. We're either in 'transition' or 'starting fresh', but neither project ever comes to fruition. The project is flawed. I call it a project, ya'll call it 'identity'.

Nothing changes. But is that so wrong? I mean our current model keeps us successful lol. New managers bring fresh ideas, agreed, but the same people are being put in charge of recruitment and failing considerably. I don't mind not matching City & United's spending, we have a good squad that needed tweaking, not overhauling (as Guardiola seems to have alluded to).

Mourinho shoulders blame, but you're naive if you think our Board has learned anything. Roman, himself, decided on Villas-Boas and soon abandoned that project. He then had a personal interest in bringing Mourinho back and that project was abandoned.

As will project Guardiola, Simeone, etc.

12369247_1047164941989695_13197584697407

AGREE?

F*cking nonce.

How this man is given a spotlight I'll never know.

Mr Emanalo has spoken, I cannot fucking stand the bloke. I think he's hiding behind big figures at this club and I'd sack him now if it was me. Fucking yes man, nodding dog or whatever you want to call him. Ladies and gents, the man who brought you Djiloboji....Michael Emanalo!!

I mean, I get why everyone jumped on him today but let's face the facts.. He's just a yes man lol. The board have used him as communications medium right now, so he's naturally going to end up the scapegoat. Emenalo has nothing to do with this :lol:

I've had a very long day at work so just getting round to reading Emenalo's comments now - no wonder there are some many negative comments about him.

Emenalo dropped that fire today.

"Chelsea Football Club, one of the biggest clubs in the world, is one point above relegation. That's not good enough."

Ouch. No wonder the Mourinho fan boys are out in full force against the Right Honourable Michael Kevin Emenalo.

Lmao Styles you remember when Emenalo was a the centre of hatred when Mikel was equally hated. What did fans come out with? Because Emenalo was Nigerian, that's why Mikel remains :lol:. The funniest one was he conspired to have Wilkins sacked so he could overthrow Ancelotti and have his own way in the board :D.

The Right Honourable Michael Kevin Emenalo will go down in history as 'that' guy' :lol: :lol:

His management style won us the league last season though. You talk about the good of the team well we've lost a top manager and gained what exactly? Maybe that remains to be seen but once again we've sacked a manager rather than backing him and some people seem happy with that.

From what I can see those same people have no idea who they want to take over either, what they want to see (attacking philosophy keeps cropping up which is funny in a perverse way) or what they think this club wants either.

I can't think of a time since the 80s when the club has been so at sea.

Yes, I agree - he managed to pull off a miracle. Nobody denies he can win trophies, but consistently over a long period, that's where problems seem to have emerged. Let's face it, this season is pretty identical to his last season at Real Madrid - the outbursts, the alienation of players, the humiliation of Matic, the argument with Medical staff, the crazy pressers - just something snapped and he wasn't acting normal!

Attacking philosophy is a natural reaction to having a crop of attack minded players, but using them to try and grind out 1-0 wins, it's like using a Ferrari as a milk float - impractical and unrealistic. That in my mind is why there's so much chatter about attacking formation and philosophy, because that's what our current crop of players naturally gravitate towards.

I don't think the club is at sea.

We have made year on year advances towards cash neutrality, stadium expansion planned, great youth Acadamy and a move towards a sustainable business model. Thank God for FFP previously as it has put us in a great position to minimise the damage of the lack of revenue from this season.

Let's see what the interim manager can achieve and if there is an ultimate successor already in the wings.

Yes, it's a sad day, but now is the time for optimism I feel, it sure beats the alternatives...

Yes, I agree - he managed to pull off a miracle. Nobody denies he can win trophies, but consistently over a long period, that's where problems seem to have emerged. Let's face it, this season is pretty identical to his last season at Real Madrid - the outbursts, the alienation of players, the humiliation of Matic, the argument with Medical staff, the crazy pressers - just something snapped and he wasn't acting normal!

So now we're saying the league win was a miracle? 2012, that was a miracle. I'm not a believer in winning leagues being a miracle. Over 38 games you get found out.

Attacking philosophy is a natural reaction to having a crop of attack minded players, but using them to try and grind out 1-0 wins, it's like using a Ferrari as a milk float - impractical and unrealistic. That in my mind is why there's so much chatter about attacking formation and philosophy, because that's what our current crop of players naturally gravitate towards.

We also have a crop of defensive-minded players. That's the way football teams work though, you have a balance between defence and attack and saying 'I want an attack-minded coach so we score more goals' seems a flawed way to look at football. I can point to many matches under Mourinho where we've absolutely decimated teams....but still 2-0 away to Liverpool is one of the best results I've ever witnessed, as was Munich.

We have made year on year advances towards cash neutrality, stadium expansion planned, great youth Acadamy and a move towards a sustainable business model. Thank God for FFP previously as it has put us in a great position to minimise the damage of the lack of revenue from this season.

Let's see what the interim manager can achieve and if there is an ultimate successor already in the wings.

Yes, it's a sad day, but now is the time for optimism I feel, it sure beats the alternatives...

Again, who do you want and what do you want us to become? You talk about cash neutrality but that is what Arsenal fans talk about? Yes we have a great Academy in terms of results but what type of football do you want these kids to learn, because a kid of 18 may well have been through 7 or 8 managers each wanting different things. You probably want consistency for these kids, well who dictates that?

You can be optimistic because you've got what you want. I on the other hand think we've lost one of us and a person who is great at their job.

Nobody will disagree with that. Nor do we need that irrelevant tube to tell us. The issue folks have is whether or not the correct party bit the bullet and Emanalo's brutal truth, for everything that it's not worth, fails to help us out on that front.

Well we will only know by who we appoint in the summer since no doubt hiddink is coming in as a term management.

So now we're saying the league win was a miracle? 2012, that was a miracle. I'm not a believer in winning leagues being a miracle. Over 38 games you get found out.

We also have a crop of defensive-minded players. That's the way football teams work though, you have a balance between defence and attack and saying 'I want an attack-minded coach so we score more goals' seems a flawed way to look at football. I can point to many matches under Mourinho where we've absolutely decimated teams....but still 2-0 away to Liverpool is one of the best results I've ever witnessed, as was Munich.

Again, who do you want and what do you want us to become? You talk about cash neutrality but that is what Arsenal fans talk about? Yes we have a great Academy in terms of results but what type of football do you want these kids to learn, because a kid of 18 may well have been through 7 or 8 managers each wanting different things. You probably want consistency for these kids, well who dictates that?

You can be optimistic because you've got what you want. I on the other hand think we've lost one of us and a person who is great at their job.

OK, miracle was a bit far, but we started so well and then just died and dragged ourselves over the line. I admit, I thought that would be a turning point, Jose instilling a winners mentality into the players - but it just didn't seem to happen.

Maybe it's me, but younger people nowadays just seem more fragile, when I look back at teachers and bosses, some were lunatics, but it taught you mental toughness, maybe that's missing from modern pampered players? Whatever the problem, it just got worse and worse.

For me, financial stability and self generating income is an important part of a Club, who knows what could happen in the future, being financially astute is never a bad thing.

I agree the constant u-turns for the youth team are not helpful or conducive to a conveyor belt process, but to me the footballing identity should be set by the club and the manager is responsible for implementing it,if we did this, then the manager merry-go-round would have little overall impact

I honestly don't know who I want long term

I'm more than happy for Hiddink to come in, calm the situation down and see how he does, if the club can work on my point above, then the disruption of the next manager coming along will be reduced. I don't think Pep is the answer here. I would have taken Klopp in a heartbeat. I think Koeman could do a decent job, or maybe Frank De Boer could be an ideal person.

Phone typing killing me - hitting the sack :)