The Mourinho Thread

Roman is going to regret it, and any non Mourinho fans will also regret it when the "new" manager comes in and we go to the Championship, out of the UCL and we fail to beat Aston Villa and Birmingham City.

When Rafa came in, there was anger. Now there's a general mood of despondency.

I understand those criticisms, but we won the league last season. We won it playing some great football up until January and then coasted, but nothing we did in the summer looked to give us something more this season. There was no improvement to the squad, in fact it got weaker. That to me isn't Jose's fault, so then expecting him to put young, inexperienced players into a weaker side seems disadvantageous to both the team and the young players. Surely you want to integrate them when you're on the front foot, not when you're looking for consistency of results.

OTK,

First off. Thanks for a very eloquent response, very much appreciated. Now, I must respectfully say that I disagree with various points you've made.

The first point I'll make is that you can't say that the squad weakened so much that we should be hovering a point above relegation at this stage of the season; no matter what you say that isn't good enough. As for integrating the youth when we're on the front foot? That's not how Mourinho works, he never has. Last season, when we clearly were on the front foot, Mourinho still was very reluctant to field youngsters. CL group stage against Sporting when RLC got a few minutes is a great example of this - we were utterly brilliant around that time but we still didn't see enough youngsters. I don't buy that we would've been playing the youth if we were doing well this season.

I'm not asking for rationality though. Nothing about supporting a club is rational, it's an emotional response. Supporting this club is about the experience of being with not just my family and friends but also about being with thousands of people with the same love. It's those emotional bonds you build that are important and we built that with Jose too. His influence, his personality is all over this club. We sang his name in 2012 because we knew how key he was to that.

And that's all well and good. He's deserved it. He's been a very influential person in our club. I'll always hold him in the highest regard but that doesn't mean he's always going to be the right person to take us forward.

Maybe we weren't playing stylish football, but some things are more important than that to some people.

People talk about right paths and potential but I'm unclear as to what it is you're alluding to. So for instance when the scousers talk about it, they mean get back to 'pass and move, it's the Liverpool groove' and when United talk about it they mean an attacking, wing-based play and when Arsenal talk about it, they probably mean the Wenger-style of play.

So what is this right path you're alluding to because for the last decade or so it's been very much Jose's fingerprints on everything. A return to fancy football that lacks steel?

It's not about stylish football, it's about the plan we had as a club. The right path I've been alluding to is the very one Jose harped about when he came back - the ability to win in style, to nurture our young talents that we've smartly bought, to use our excellent academy and get in a few chaps made by Chelsea. We saw it last season, and we were progressing well in that aspect but we fully stalled, and started regressing, and under Jose we were not showing that we were going to get back to that level. The styles you talk about from other big European clubs - we were getting there. We're so far from that now.

This is how most matchday fans see it, how opposing fans see it and how neutrals see it: A spineless board caving into player power once more.

We've sacked one of our own to protect a bunch of cunts.

Pretty much but most people agree that it's much easier to fire the manager then get rid of the entire team.

Roman is going to regret it, and any non Mourinho fans will also regret it when the "new" manager comes in and we go to the Championship, out of the UCL and we fail to beat Aston Villa and Birmingham City.

We was doing good before he came.

And we can do good after he's gone.

Bar Azpi, did anyone else thanked Mou yet?

Says alot about the whole thing realy...

With social media you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Being such high profile it's difficult, Cesc has done it and had pelters, best let leave it lie if it was me.

Pretty much but most people agree that it's much easier to fire the manager then get rid of the entire team.

But it's not right and the players deserve all they get. Maybe they can learn the consequences of their awful actions; the players have been backed by the fans all season long, maybe they needed to be reminded what it's like to be hated

Team I play for this season, their is one player who is a massive moaner, when im on the same side as him (whether in training or both selected) im a lot more cautious in my play and more reserved, when he doesn't play or he on other team in training I tend to play with a lot more freedom and play a lot better as a result, few others in the team have said the same to me alone.

A little perspective there for anyone who will take a good performance on Saturday as "proof" the players didn't care all this time, never underestimate the physiological part of life.

Also lets not forget last time we slated the players for attitude towards the manager resulted in massive humble pie 2 months later after Munich.

But it's not right and the players deserve all they get. Maybe they can learn the consequences of their awful actions; the players have been backed by the fans all season long, maybe they needed to be reminded what it's like to be hated

Yeah but it will only last for the first few weeks.

No one will care if we are doing good come March and have a positive outlook for next season.

That is easier but the thing is. We have sacked Scolari, AVB, Di Matteo and Mourinho twice for losing the dressing room. So ffs something must be done about that because it will continue to happen... Everytime we sack the coach it's because the players power. AVB tried to play attacking style but he lost the dressing room. Jose tried to play defensive style and he also lost the dressing room. The club was the first that came out and say we are looking for stability. What stability? Imagine we get Guardiola now (even if it's not likely) so how many years he is gonna be here for? 3 or 4 years and he is gone because he is not that kind of coach who will stay for longer. But he would probably be sacked earlier anyway. Also, I see you always talking about a lack of youngsters in Jose teams. Yh that's true. But the thing is. Roman has to come out and say that he more or less takes responsibility if we fail playing with more youths. Because he asks titles and youths at the same time but it's not possible. While we would waste one season integrating young players but Mr Abramovich will not waste it. He wants titles at the same time.