test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

38,043 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Their situation is hilarious. United always think long term and yet, they hired a manager who is only interested on short term and because of that difference, the club aren't happy with Mourinho. It's almost as if Ed Woodward and co. were oblivious to Mourinho before hiring him. 

The thing is, United and Mou actually "married" with a long term view. Mourinho always said he wanted long term after Real and both us and United fell for it. You can excuse us the error because of the emotional connection and the fact he wasn't proven either way in that regard, but for United to appoint him with long term aspirations after his non existent long term ability was so spectacularly exposed for the world to see has to be the most amateur decision ever made at top level football.

Since mourinho got to manutd, they have signed

Bailey,

Lindelof,

Matic,

Pogba,

Fred,

Sanchez,

Lukaku.

He already had De gea in the club. The only positions he didnt sign players is in the right wing and fullback positions. Must he sign a full starting eleven before he can say he's ready to challenge for the premier league? I think Manutd are already fed up with him, I won't be surprised to see Zidane after this season.

Unionjack and Ryan Fong like this

23 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Bailey,

Lindelof,

Matic,

Pogba,

Fred,

Sanchez,

Lukaku.

He already had De gea in the club. The only positions he didnt sign players is in the right wing and fullback positions. Must he sign a full starting eleven before he can say he's ready to challenge for the premier league? I think Manutd are already fed up with him, I won't be surprised to see Zidane after this season.

Mhkitaryan...

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Bailey,

Lindelof,

Matic,

Pogba,

Fred,

Sanchez,

Lukaku.

It's comical how after all these years, their first choice full backs are still Valencia and Young. 

Vesper and kellzfresh like this

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

The thing is, United and Mou actually "married" with a long term view. Mourinho always said he wanted long term after Real and both us and United fell for it. You can excuse us the error because of the emotional connection and the fact he wasn't proven either way in that regard, but for United to appoint him with long term aspirations after his non existent long term ability was so spectacularly exposed for the world to see has to be the most amateur decision ever made at top level football.

Indeed. They had us as reference but turned a blind eye when going after Mourinho. Guess they were desperate to win trophies, like manpe said, and get a high profile manager after the Moyes and Van Gaal fiascos and decided to get Mourinho without proper thought.

manpe and Tomo like this

Bailey,
Lindelof,
Matic,
Pogba,
Fred,
Sanchez,
Lukaku.

Fundamentally his football philosophy is completely outdated. Watching his matches nowadays make you wonder if they have training drills and tactical plans at all, completely clueless.
kellzfresh likes this

This may sound petty buy I will enjoy watching Mou go into meltdown mode but the problem will be that ZZ will be taking over. And this means Eden will be his first whistle stop!

3 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Fundamentally his football philosophy is completely outdated. Watching his matches nowadays make you wonder if they have training drills and tactical plans at all, completely clueless.

There were rumors when he was here that he gave the attackers freedom to attack. I questioned back then what "freedom to attack" meant. Now looking at Man united, this actually means he has no tactical drills in attacking, only in defending do you see a definite plan.

Thats why they cant have consecutive/consistent entertaining matches, their style of attacking totally depends on the form of the players on the matchday. 

Unionjack, manpe and Ryan Fong like this

18 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

There were rumors when he was here that he gave the attackers freedom to attack. I questioned back then what "freedom to attack" meant. Now looking at Man united, this actually means he has no tactical drills in attacking, only in defending do you see a definite plan.

Thats why they cant have consecutive/consistent entertaining matches, their style of attacking totally depends on the form of the players on the matchday. 

It is true, that's why he needs a 'magician' in his teams, somebody who can do something on his own. Someone from our squad, maybe Eden himself, said that his main plan was "give it to Eden". There is a difference between cohesive freedom and chaotic freedom, he practises the last one. He is hoping Sanchez will be what Hazard was for him at Chelsea, but he looks painfully average in that disorganized setup. Makes me appreciate Hazard even more, he was playing at a high level despite Mourinho (although couldn't do it anymore in the meltdown season, nobody could).

Ryan Fong and kellzfresh like this

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

What he did with us I think was hammered the "defend at all cost" approach into them and it took away their natural instincts to go forward at times.

kellzfresh likes this

I think it's funny how he went off on the lack of transfers.  Yet 2 weeks ago, to Martial, it was:  "You do not always get what you want in life".

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Whats these 'Director of football' things hes going on about? Maybe we should get one too!  3fc9d6919056e86c8f118661004ccfb7.gif

On 8/12/2018 at 10:46 AM, Unionjack said:

Whats these 'Director of football' things hes going on about? Maybe we should get one too!  3fc9d6919056e86c8f118661004ccfb7.gif

Latest news (go figure) is that we're in for a DOF too.

And speculation is that both us and United are looking at similar targets for DOF...unless we're looking at the ex-player route..in which case there's Ballack for us, and Van Der Saar for them.

Man Utd transfer news: Bailly and Lindelof stopped Maguire and Alderweireld deals

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1003293/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Eric-Bailly-Victor-Lindelof-Jose-Mourinho

MANCHESTER UNITED’s board were not prepared to give Jose Mourinho funds for a centre-back this summer after already spending over £60million in that position over the last two years

That is the opinion of BBC Sport pundit and legendary Arsenal striker Ian Wright.

Mourinho was desperate to bring in a central defender but a deal failed to materialise.

Leicester and England star Harry Maguire and Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld were two of the Portuguese manager’s top targets.

However, Wright reckons executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward did not trust Mourinho to spend on a centre-back again.

Eric Bailly joined United in Jose Mourinho’s first summer in charge in 2016 for £30m, with Victor Lindelof arriving a year later for a similar price.

“Well he’s not getting the money now,” Wright said on BBC Radio 5 Live.

“He’s not getting the money now because I think if you look at Eric Bailly and Lindelof, why wouldn’t Ed Woodward or the Glazers say ‘well, we got you them two, why don’t you work with them two? What’s wrong with them?’.”

Wright believes the United board would have backed Mourinho if a proven defender such as Real Madrid stars Raphael Varane or Sergio Ramos were available.

LOLOL

Mourinho is OBSESSED (for years)

By far the most is Varane (will never get him)

Ivan Perisic (this year was last chance saloon, as he turns 30 in 5, 6 months)

Matic (got him, hurt us, helped Mo)

Antoine Griezmann (doubt he gets him)

Radja Nainggolan (will never get him he is 30, 31 in May, and will spend his last 2 or 3 top years at Inter)

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (the last two years, and desperately want to sell Pogba to Juve and buy SMS)

Willian (by FAR the biggest heartbreak of the year is that we could not work out a swap for Martial for Willian, with £10m or so kicked in to make it happen, and then buy Bailey) Maybe in January!! (I am dreaming again)

Gareth Bale (IF Real reloads I could still see thsi happening in january or especially next summer)

Alexis Sánchez (got him,and he has been a bust IMHO,especially at his INSANE wages)

Marquinhos (with Koulibaly off the table apparently for good, he is by FAR my number one CB I would love to get)

Harry Maguire (new one, who knows)

Alex Sandro (I cannot believe either we or Manure have not just bought him via brute force offer)

Toby Alderweireld (this was last chance, he turns 30 in 6 months)

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (got him, bust)

Arturo Vidal (too late, he will finish top level career at Barca)

Jose Mourinho tells Manchester United star Paul Pogba to hand in transfer request in stunning bust-up

Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho are no longer on speaking terms after the Manchester United boss told the Frenchman to hand in a transfer request if he wanted to leave the club ‘again’. The pair clashed this week at United’s training ground following Pogba’s controversial comments after the Red Devils’ 2-1 win against Leicester City on Friday. Pogba was handed the captain’s armband and put in a man of the match display against the Foxes in a performance that many supporters had hoped would quash speculation that he wants to join Barcelona. However, Pogba all but confirmed his unhappiness at the club by telling reporters after the game: ‘There are things I can say and there are things that I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined’.

Mourinho was said to be furious at the comments after extending an olive branch to the midfielder and he believes Pogba threw the goodwill back in his face, according to the Sun. The pair are said to have clashed with Mourinho telling Pogba if he wanted to quit the club ‘again’ he should hand in a transfer request. Mourinho was clearly referencing Pogba’s decision to leave United in 2012 for Juventus when he felt he wasn’t given enough playing time by Sir Alex Ferguson.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/15/jose-mourinho-tells-manchester-united-star-paul-pogba-hand-transfer-request-stunning-bust-7844957/?ito=cbshare

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7025302/jose-mourinho-and-paul-pogba-in-incredible-bust-up-that-leaves-relationship-at-all-time-low/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSunFootball:TwImageandlink:Statement:Sport

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Latest news (go figure) is that we're in for a DOF too.

And speculation is that both us and United are looking at similar targets for DOF...unless we're looking at the ex-player route..in which case there's Ballack for us, and Van Der Saar for them.

If we made more use of the ex players we could have a group of them. Put them in charge of transfers, scouting, team ambassadors, team moral, youth development, allsorts.

Leave the likes of Granny to do the deals they tell he to make.