The Mourinho Thread

Short term yes, we need a manager who fits the players. Beyond this season the manager should bring players that fits what he wants.

I don't know how the club operates at that level, i hope Roman has a counsel who makes the decision or something.

We need someone like Hans- Joachim Watzke, Dortmund visionary CEO and great football mind. He got Dortmund out of bankruptcy, created a great scouting infrastructure, hired Klopp, then when he left he hired Tuchel to continue Dortmund success.

Busby or SAF type managers are quite difficult in modern football, Barca foundation started when Cruyff arrived more then 30 years ago. That feat is also quite difficult.

Yeah i agree about the pessimism toward our board.

That exactly is the issue for me. We're a club at the whim of Roman Abramovich which is excellent at times, but also leads to this.

And he wants the fans to give him the very name of the club? Good luck.

to all the genuises on here, please enlighten us poor souls as to what changed so drastically that jose got fired NOW.

league title - gone

top 4 - gone

2 weeks to january transfer window. who better to have the perfect insights to exactly what changes had to be made than JOSE FUCKING MOURINHO.

there were better oppurtunities to sack him. times where the PL was not out of reach and definitely the top 4 was not out of reach.

tell me exactly, how the board of a billion dollar company sacks a manager 2 weeks before the transfer window, with no hope of acheiving any thing much at this point even with the sacking. and that too 1 day before a game.

so after all the shit, today all teh board members got up and suddenly had a change of heart and thought of sacking jose after just 2 months of giving a written statement of the club being behind jose. give a good enough reason for the sacking at this point of time, because honestly of all the times we could have sacked, this has got to be the worst.

it gives the new manager no time at all to really understand the squad so that he can ask for players. it gives the new manager with no time to do anything with the squad since this is going to be the busiest period with games coming thick and fast, so even the training would be lesser.

it has the smack of player power all over it. and anyone who cant see it is just naive.

Its simple. They didnt want Mourinho going forward so why let him have a transfer window where the players he will want to sign might not be what the next manager wants?

Guus Hiddink is in London [to be appointed on a surprise - interim contract - just like the previous and the next one under Abramovich]

Di Marzio reporting this now...only a matter of time I think.

Its simple. They didnt want Mourinho going forward so why let him have a transfer window where the players he will want to sign might not be what the next manager wants?

then why put up a statement on the club's official website saying the club is right behind him.

yes, the performances did not improve, but hopefully, with the way jose gave his post match, it seemed he had made up his mind. why not then give him the chance to undo his wrongs? the board were, after all, behind him.

then why put up a statement on the club's official website saying the club is right behind him.

yes, the performances did not improve, but hopefully, with the way jose gave his post match, it seemed he had made up his mind. why not then give him the chance to undo his wrongs? the board were, after all, behind him.

Because things change in 2 months. Honestly, its not so hard to grasp.

Well he is not the CEO, he is a levels below that. But it doesn't change a thing. He is in charge of his players.

Sure the board is to be blamed too, ultimately they hired Mourinho so his failing is their failing. Mourinho was very toxic in this whole situation so he had to go. Don't get me wrong i think there should be a change in hierarchy, like whos decision was it to hire mourinho and the direction the club has taken over the years.

Usually in American sports the person who hires the coach/manager is also sacked when the coach is also sacked. They are both tied to their success and failures. I don't like that about Chelsea, managers get fired left and right but the person above him never take responsibility.

What is the right direction? vaguely the right direction is getting a manager who is well suited to get the best out of his players. I can name a few managers, but i have no decision in this process. so pointless to throwout names.

Nah, in North America usually the General Manager has one get out of jail free card, and that's sacking the coach. If the things still don't turn around after about a season, then the GM gets the sack.

As much as I wanted him sacked, I still feel upset. What a shambles this season has been.

same.all started with Eva and downhill from there.feels bit weird think cause thought was meant to be and we wouldn't be sacking willy nilly anymore and now back to square one.had Jose..poss hiddick.history repeating

Least less of a shock this time

I think they was backing him.

But they didn't expect us to be in this position after that statement.

Seriously did you thought this would happen (1 point above relegation zone)?

And there was no sign of progress.

As much as I wanted him sacked, I still feel upset. What a shambles this season has been.

I think most of us feel the same. We feel upset because of how things turned out after last season.

I was mostly wanting him to stay at least till the end of the season, but this was beyond absurdity.

Much worse then under Carlo bad moment.

We are one point above relegation zone for crying out loud, and there was no sign of improvement.

So it hurts now but it had to be done.