The Mourinho Thread

If Mourinho is going this season, the board need to just get it over with to get a new manager in time to get the transfer targets worked out.

If he's staying, they need to figure out what players are leaving in January and get it sorted out for the last games of the year.

Either way, we aren't far off from knowing what the second half of the season is going to look like.

Agree and players that might actually want to play and give 100% on the pitch

Zola as manager - just won't work for me, he's too much of a legend and if they treated him like RdM I would have serious issues

Think Mou is here until summer, so the players need to knuckle down and ensure we avoid relegation and go again next season with a new manager

And then we'll probably sack the new one in a few seasons and the same mob on here calling for José's head now will cry about the long term and the lack of managerial consistency.

but as I pointed out in reply to post saying we should pay out 40m for Stones or other defenders.......Mourinho now has nothing to lose by bringing back players such as Ake who are already Chelsea

Much as I like to see Ake and the best loan prospects being played on the pitch, Mourinho will never do that.

Expect the same turgid tactics and the same under-performing 14 or so players at the Bridge this weekend.

Much as I like to see Ake and the best loan prospects being played on the pitch, Mourinho will never do that.

Expect the same turgid tactics and the same under-performing 14 or so players at the Bridge this weekend.

We were specifically talking about the January transfer window.

No Way he's gone play the youth when his pride,job & legacy is at stake. In all likelihood he will buy atleast 2 big players 1 defender and another striker/cm maybe both if Falcao( who was bought to help out Jorge Mendes as he is about to be bankrupt) leaves.

I expect this to happen unless the board have already decided to replace him at end of season

I don't understand how anyone can claim sacking Mourinho would destroy our stability. A manager's longevity at the club has nothing to do with the stability of that club. I also don't understand the obsession with having a Fergie-like manager. The longevity of a manager at a club does not guarantee success.

If we had a separate footballing identity as a club like Barcelona or even as someone said Southampton, changing managers every 3 years wouldn't be a problem as long as we signed managers who can continue with our philosophy. Whether it is attractive and attacking Football with an eye on the development of youth or counter-attacking football focused on buying players that are already world class, it is important for the board to understand they have to pick a philosophy and stick with it and realize you can't have it both ways.

I feel our club still hasn't learned its lesson. I see rumours that indicate the likes of Simeone and Ancelotti as possible replacements. Even if it has the slightest truth to it, it shows they don't know where they want the club headed. It shows that they are focusing on the most trendy managerial options rather than focusing on those who can satisfy our needs of creating stability within the footballing philosophy of our club.

Roman Abramovich will be forced to pay Jose Mourinho more than £40million if he fires the Chelsea manager at an emergency board meeting on Wednesday.

Abramovich will hold more talks with his management team Bruce Buck, Marina Granovskaia, Eugene Tenenbaum and Michael Emenalo about Mourinho's future.

So Maybe More News Today.

I don't understand how anyone can claim sacking Mourinho would destroy our stability. A manager's longevity at the club has nothing to do with the stability of that club. I also don't understand the obsession with having a Fergie-like manager. The longevity of a manager at a club does not guarantee success.

If we had a separate footballing identity as a club like Barcelona or even as someone said Southampton, changing managers every 3 years wouldn't be a problem as long as we signed managers who can continue with our philosophy. Whether it is attractive and attacking Football with an eye on the development of youth or counter-attacking football focused on buying players that are already world class, it is important for the board to understand they have to pick a philosophy and stick with it and realize you can't have it both ways.

I feel our club still hasn't learned its lesson. I see rumours that indicate the likes of Simeone and Ancelotti as possible replacements. Even if it has the slightest truth to it, it shows they don't know where they want the club headed. It shows that they are focusing on the most trendy managerial options rather than focusing on those who can satisfy our needs of creating stability within the footballing philosophy of our club.

The whole situation is pretty cofunsing to me. Its hard to believe the board is quiet about the whole situation. To be honest, in any other big club in the world Mourinho would be axed at this point, despite his CV. You can look around in football history, and even succesful managers were fired after some pretty bad results, but to be honest in recent years I can't even remember a big european team with such performance.

I wili say it again, the board is looking a bunch of amateur of don't know what they are doing. It seems they don't want to look foolish to fire Mourinho 4 montsh after giving him a pointless contract extention, so they want to show everyone they did the right thing.

We all know some of big people making decisions are Roman's friends who are not football people, like Gravoskaya woman, who, according to reports, was the one who brought Mourinho back and the one who gave him a contract extention when he still had 2 more years left in his contract.

I remember that I was shocked when I heard the news back in august. I mean, Mourinho signed a 4 years contract back in 2013, why after 2 years you would just give him two more years? Whats the point of the first contract? Mourinho is not a player, his character is not for every club taste, clubs just don't buy managers from other clubs, so its really hard to understad the point of the contract extention, since its really to imagine he would leave before the end of the first contract, specially if he had the full support of the board and if he really loves Chelsea.

Now we have a another situation. Day after day is pretty clear Mourinho is a dead man walking. Mourinho will get the axe at some point, and its a question of "when", instead of "if". So, the board the making the whole thing difficult for them day after day, because when the gets the axe, it will be too late to save the season (actually its already too late), then the big question will be asked: "why wait so long to make the right thing?".

I remember whe City sacked Mark Hughes and the whole british press pictured them as the bad guys, I remember during a press conference when he was asked about the situation the replied that they would do everything they could to make the new City project succesful. They hired Mancini and they won PL after decades. A decent board is not one that make deacisions to praise the fans in the easiest ways, or to look nice to press. A decent board is one that is not afraid to make tough decisions.

A decent board is one that understand there is a big difference between stability and keeping the same manager as long as possible. A decent board is one that understand a club success can't rely in one single man.

I said earlier I feel confused because its really hard to believe the board still believe Mourinho will turn things around, because at this point he just can't turn things around, unless they accept the top 10 is an acceptable goal as some Mourinho fans are suggesting in this topic. Perhaps they are just waiting the end of the season because they already know who's next boss is. But considering Avran Grant was give a 3 years contract (no, he was never an interim manager, he was given the full job with a long contract) and was fired after reaching UCL final, probably it means the Board actually doesn't know what they are doing and are paralysed by this awful season.

Let's face it though.. City's board have made a mockery of ours since turning into a 'financial super power' in football.

Roman Abramovich will be forced to pay Jose Mourinho more than £40million if he fires the Chelsea manager at an emergency board meeting on Wednesday.

Abramovich will hold more talks with his management team Bruce Buck, Marina Granovskaia, Eugene Tenenbaum and Michael Emenalo about Mourinho's future.

So Maybe More News Today.

The board would be better off paying 40 million and getting rid of the deadwood in the first team squad.

He got subbed on in three of the first four games, defiently something to build on.

I can understand why he wanted to leave but Jose never rated Ba and got sick of Torres come December, he would have been rotating with Eto'o all the way through the second half of 13/14.

he got subbed on in 3 of the 4 games despite being our best striker and then jose had the audacity to buy not rooney or a proper striker but a 33 year old semi retired etoo. not something to build on in a world cup year.

I think the majority of the squad are fed up with Jose's system and tactics. They know it's not working and now are questioning Jose's judgment, mentality and leadership.

The board and Roman's advisers may try influence his decision but ultimately the fate of Jose's future is in Roman's hands.

A #Chelsea recruitment source claims that up to nine players are set to be shipped out and replaced in a major shake-up of the team. [FI]

The overhaul at #Chelsea is set to take place irrespective of whether Jose Mourinho stays on as manager. [FI]

Fabregas, Oscar, John Terry, Falcao, Ivanovic, Loic Remy, Mikel, Diego Costa and Eden Hazard all face an uncertain future at #Chelsea. [FI]

#Chelsea have started to draw up a contingency plan in the event of owner Roman Abramovich sacking manager Jose Mourinho. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea and Mourinho agreed a straight four-year term without negotiating a settlement clause in case they were forced to sack him. [Mail]

For the first time, serious consideration is being given as to what #Chelsea would do in the event of a mid-season change. [Telegraph]

Abramovich will meet the £40m compensation if necessary, but it would be the 2nd time he's forked out a small fortune on his sacking. [Mail]

You say that, but look at Martial at United. They're having a right go at Van Gaal for relying on a 19-year old for goals. If Lukaku hadn't started scoring quickly and frequently, we would've seen a similar effect. As Tomo said, most of the mentioned players have only stepped up this season.

Fair point but what we're forgetting that Lukaku already had a stint with West Brom where he had a decent season then Everton where again he had a decent one ... Now that warranties atleast a chance for him, some faith from the Manager, a decent run ... which wasnt there. Martial was a newbie to the PL and there was faith shown on him, he did click in the initial part after which LVG started playing him off position to accommodate Rooney in front.

You say "If" Lukaku hadn't started scoring ... So what "if" he had, United would be leading the race... The important thing is that I was pointing out is that you need to give an opportunity and put the trust & faith in the player with potential. LVG got in Martial and got rid of RVP whereas we got in E'to and didnt want to place our hopes in Lukaku. Everyone is not going to turn up a Messi or Ronaldo but atleast we can invest in a potential and take the risk.

There was the odd discussion about them, but aside from KDB there was none of the "why did we sell them", and if Costa hits form again the Lukaku thread will go quiet again, especially if it conincides with Romelu dipping inform himself.

Alrighty ... then I believe I m truly getting old ... Memory fading!!!