The Mourinho Thread

thats such a load of crap.

barca and bayern have been doing it for years. and they are as BIG and SUCCESSFUL as they come.

the fact that our manager thinks that cesc in the form is a better player than RLC should be enough indication that the problem is not with roman's demands but our manager.

the fact that we bought etoo to replace lukaku should be another indication, or not giving bertrand a chance. the fact is, people will try to foolishly give reasons to cover for jose's fuck ups, but the main problem is our manager.

Barca have a massive loan operation and the success rate of La Masia is only what it is because of the volume of players they have, their success rate is very low. Xavi is the equivalent of John Terry in terms of coming through the academy. Messi is a freak of nature and Barcelona acquired him illegally so does not count. Therefore we have 1/3 of the output in recent times of La Masia of top products (terry : Xavi, Busquets, Thiago)

I don't know enough about Bayern to comment on them.

How long does his contract run?

Make your evaluation when his contract is up, i think you wouldn't want to be evaluated when you still have time left.

When i get some free time i will take a look at your old posts because i'm just curious:

Have you ever said something positive about Chelsea and our coach?

@Fulham Broadway

good posts, keep them coming

LOOK back to when I first came on here ,, I was always POSITIVE ,, now Im a realist unlike you ,, Still think we will finish third ????

Nothing to do with your nationality pal. Pat Nevin is closer to the club than any of us and is more of a respected commentator than any of us. He might make the odd wrong call, but who hasnt, especially on here.

and just like the man pat nevin adores, he is getting a lot of his calls wrong.

and the one you posted before, well, makes no sense to me.

playing cesc after the absolute shocker he had against spurs and the shocking season he has had so far, had nothing to do with roman's demands. cesc and iva have started every PL game that they have been available for. that has nothing to do with roman's demands. it is all down to the fact that jose cant drop his favourites and trust the youth.

what? at a certain point of time barca had these la masia products:

11/12:

valdes

pique (maybe)

cesc (maybe)

puyol

xavi

iniesta

messi

thiago

busquets

pedro

cuenca

fontas

currently they have

messi

iniesta

busquets

rafinha

bartra

haddidi

sandro

roberto

also, its not about the volume of the operation running but how many players are we actually developing into quality players. barca have generated PLENTY. how many can we say?

But OUR Academy is MAKING a profit ,,,,,,,, though no one shows us the figures

and just like the man pat nevin adores, he is getting a lot of his calls wrong.

and the one you posted before, well, makes no sense to me.

playing cesc after the absolute shocker he had against spurs and the shocking season he has had so far, had nothing to do with roman's demands. cesc and iva have started every PL game that they have been available for. that has nothing to do with roman's demands. it is all down to the fact that jose cant drop his favourites and trust the youth.

Not sure Pat Nevin 'adores' Mourinho, though perhaps you know better. Hes been fairly neutral in his assessments of the manager and club, rather than the black and white childish hate\love Mourinho inrerpretations here. One thing he doesnt hide from though is the cold reality that Chelsea FC is a business.

Not sure Pat Nevin 'adores' Mourinho, though perhaps you know better. Hes been fairly neutral in his assessments of the manager and club, rather than the black and white childish hate\love Mourinho inrerpretations here. One thing he doesnt hide from though is the cold reality that Chelsea FC is a business.

i have never read anything from pat nevin that says he is neutral about jose.

if i remember correctly, just a month ago he said something like "jose foresaw chelsea's collapse.. so decided to sign pogba and stones". i mean seriously. jose actually foresaw chelsea being in a relegation fight and wanted about 150million worth of players, so if he did not get those players, instead of looking at cheaper options, he said "screw it, let it play out"??

i respect pat nevin for what he has done in the past, but i have to say that he actually "adores" jose. and so, i would categorize him in "the black and white childish hate/love mourinho inrerpretations here."

if i remember correctly, just a month ago he said something like "jose foresaw chelsea's collapse.. so decided to sign pogba and stones". i mean seriously. jose actually foresaw chelsea being in a relegation fight and wanted about 150million worth of players, so if he did not get those players, instead of looking at cheaper options, he said "screw it, let it play out"??

i respect pat nevin for what he has done in the past, but i have to say that he actually "adores" jose. and so, i would categorize him in "the black and white childish hate/love mourinho inrerpretations here."

He never comes across like that on R5 as a regular commentator, but then again he is rarely negative about much.

The bottom line is Chelsea just don't do promising. If your going to break into the first team you have to be outstanding. Is this a case of Mourinho's short-termism ?. Possibly but to be fair to him he's not the only Chelsea manager to do it. R.L.C. granted I'd prefer him to that tosser Fabregas but is he going to cement a first team place?. From what I've seen of him the answer is no. But getting dug out by Mourinho for a below par performance in a pre season kick about was inexcusable and totally uncalled for.

I do take the point that the academy is there to make profit but on another note, to say "may get 1% of loanees ever considered good enough to play for Chelseas first team" is a tad ridiculous considering our academy has never been filled with more talented players than now (we won 4 of the last 6 FA Youth Cups, no?). Academy is there to make profit but also help to save cost and we have good players in our ranks. Our main issue with them right now (coughmourinhocough) is not putting enough trust in those players, particularly when some of the first teamers are failing miserably (coughfabregascough).

But after countless of articles about Roman and the youth players, you can't say that there's not even an ounce of truth in it. And if Roman doesn't want to see youth players get into the first team, then why does he always attend youth matches?

He was seen at one this season so far.

when he is on R5 he tends to give a more balanced impartial view and when on CTV he can sometimes put on the blue tinted specs.

However, to say he 'adores' the manager is OTT. He is just doing his job as a pundit and Chelsea supporter and he tends to be diplomatic about whoever he talks about from Chelsea.....even off camera over a beer or two

LOOK back to when I first came on here ,, I was always POSITIVE ,, now Im a realist unlike you ,, Still think we will finish third ????

After beating Leicester (possible, imo) we still need to overcome 14 points.

We must go on a run as soon as possible.

I think City has cemented its place within the top 3, Wenger will grind out enough results no matter how bad the injuries get (imo),

that leaves one spot.

As long as Van Gaal is around, i think we will have shot, i rate the Dutchman, but at the moment he acts like the mad king,

for example take a look at his substitutions.

1) Against Wolfsburg his team desperately needs goals, therefore he subbs off Schweinsteiger and their best player Mata, very bad, imo.

2) Against Bournemouth his players had lost it again and they played hoofballs without any direction.

What did he do? He subbs off their best player Fellaini (perfect for this kind of football) and in the injury time he brings on a defender

while 2:1 down. I'm lost for words, i'm an amateur, but how is he going to justify this?

The Yids have a very good starting lineup, but their squad lacks depth; no backup striker, lack of good replacement for the defence

and so on. That will hurt them over the course of the season, imo.

In my point of view it's a typical Chelsea situation; against all odds.

It's ridiculous when taking the worth of the team into consideration, i give you that.

Mourinho:

"We have put ourselves in this situation. Now we have to put it right.”

A lot of things have to go in our favour, but the season is still young, we haven't even played half of the games in the league and

it's not impossible to finish strong and maybe find ourselves up in the third place in may.

Accoring to our bet, my situation has become worse, nowadays the odds would be better.

I think you'll see it differently and be a lot more pessimistic and negative than i'm about it, fairplay, it's one way to think and the season so far can get you the impression, imo. The bookies back it up. i think.

An older Chelsea fan (a father and in the prime of his life) is getting more and more fed up by Jose Mourinho's antics too.

In the past he already called him arrogant because of his project "Radamel Falcao", assumes he lost control of the dressing room some time ago, Eva scandal didn't go well with some of the players, thinks Chelsea relied too much on the brilliance of Eden Hazard and more or less thinks Mourinho is finished at Chelsea (most of this was before Porto, have to check again, but the situation in the league is still there).

It's well known over town that i don't share the believe that Jose Mourinho's days are already numbered.

But whether i like it or not, in the last interview there were some passages where one can fall a bit into mediation.

Jose Mourinho:

"I imagine myself finishing my contract with Chelsea.. "I have three-and-a-half years left. After that I imagine myself coaching, I don't say every club, because there are some I would say always no, but I imagine myself coaching any club."

"I'm always against a sacking. I think the end of the season is the moment to change things when people analyse the work of the season and believe that the best thing is to change. But the clubs have the power, the owners, the CEOs, and it's their decision.

Moslty it comes down to having a B team. We have the option to ship our loanees to a lot of teams with a lot of different apporach to football. We cant keep them near the first team, let them experience the atmosphere of having A team star players join in on trainings etc. Barca B is doing exactly what they expect a A team player to do - same footprint and style of football. Plus La Liga is less punisning, you can field a youth player that already knows the club way's inside out, because Barca can practically walk over any team in the world, let alone La Liga.

fair enough.

but we do have u-21 and u-19 football. if barca can let them have an experience of training with the B team, why cant we?

i dont think playing RLC ahead of cesc and baba ahead of iva against bournemouth would have been a detterent. infact, if any thing, it would have been a good move considering the form those 2 have been in.

also, no one is asking jose to field musonda, RLC, colkett, recall solanke and boga and play them too. but its a completely different thing to not even start RLC (who he deems "ready") to start a game ahead of cesc. that has nothing to do with us not having a B team or the players not knowing the club tactics inside out. it is simply the fact that jose cant integrate players from youth.