The Mourinho Thread

But doesn't Roman want to see the youth players being integrated as well? We want success yes but if the manager integrates some of the youth players, then I'm sure Roman would give some leeway if we don't win things. And it's not like he and the fans are asking Mourinho to throw in say 10 youth players into the starting XI but 2-3 certainly won't hurt. Even Mourinho said himself last year that if he doesn't bring through some youth players, then he would have failed and if he or we in general don't do that, we might as well just close the academy.

No and no. The academy makes a profit, it is if you like a production line. If youre lucky you may get 1% of loanees ever considered good enough to play for Chelseas first team, but the bottom line is that the factory is profitable.

Abramovich leaves the running of his business to directors and the board. How do we know Abramovich wants to see the youth play ? This is mere media speculation, as he never speaks to the press.

The academy makes a profit, it is if you like a production line. If youre lucky you may get 1% of loanees ever considered good enough to play for Chelseas first team, but the bottom line is that the factory is profitable.

I do take the point that the academy is there to make profit but on another note, to say "may get 1% of loanees ever considered good enough to play for Chelseas first team" is a tad ridiculous considering our academy has never been filled with more talented players than now (we won 4 of the last 6 FA Youth Cups, no?). Academy is there to make profit but also help to save cost and we have good players in our ranks. Our main issue with them right now (coughmourinhocough) is not putting enough trust in those players, particularly when some of the first teamers are failing miserably (coughfabregascough).

How do we know Abramovich wants to see the youth play ? This is mere media speculation, as he never speaks to the press.

But after countless of articles about Roman and the youth players, you can't say that there's not even an ounce of truth in it. And if Roman doesn't want to see youth players get into the first team, then why does he always attend youth matches?

I do take the point that the academy is there to make profit but on another note, to say "may get 1% of loanees ever considered good enough to play for Chelseas first team" is a tad ridiculous considering our academy has never been filled with more talented players than now. Academy is there to make profit but also help to save cost and we have good players in our ranks. Our main issue with them right now (coughmourinhocough) is not putting enough trust in those players, particularly when some of the first teamers are failing miserably (coughfabregascough).

But after countless of articles about Roman and the youth players, you can't say that there's not even an ounce of truth in it. And if Roman doesn't want to see youth players get into the first team, then why does he always attend youth matches?

There are countless articles about Abramovich, all speculative I am afraid. He owns the club, leaves the running of the business to staff.

Theres no doubt he likes his football, all the large screen TVs on his yachts have matches being shown by all accounts, so it would not be unusual for him to attend a youth match of the club he owns. To say he 'always attends the youth matches' is a bit far fetched :D

There are countless articles about Abramovich, all speculative I am afraid. He owns the club, leaves the running of the business to staff. Theres no doubt he likes his football, all the large screen TVs on his yachts have matches being shown by all accounts, so it would not be unusual for him to attend a youth match of the club he owns. To say he 'always attends the youth matches' is a bit far fetched

You're in-denial.

No and no. The academy makes a profit, it is if you like a production line. If youre lucky you may get 1% of loanees ever considered good enough to play for Chelseas first team, but the bottom line is that the factory is profitable.

Abramovich leaves the running of his business to directors and the board. How do we know Abramovich wants to see the youth play ? This is mere media speculation, as he never speaks to the press.

Could you please show the Accounts that the Academy makes a profit ,

Wee Pat Nevin was on R5 saying such is the demand of owners of top clubs, Chelsea in particular, there is never a chance to nurture and play 'da yoof'.

Its nothing to do with Mourinho he said, just the demands of instant success of big business

thats such a load of crap.

barca and bayern have been doing it for years. and they are as BIG and SUCCESSFUL as they come.

the fact that our manager thinks that cesc in the form is a better player than RLC should be enough indication that the problem is not with roman's demands but our manager.

the fact that we bought etoo to replace lukaku should be another indication, or not giving bertrand a chance. the fact is, people will try to foolishly give reasons to cover for jose's fuck ups, but the main problem is our manager.

With all due respect barca and bayern are not chelsea, and not being funny but I would rather take the word of a Chelsea stalwart legend than a bloke in India

You can repeat that one again every month and every year Chelsea look the way they have (while also spending heaps of cash above beyond most clubs). I've been waiting for the development since Arjen Robben and D. Duff left. still waiting.

Yes, Chelsea are not one of the elite clubs in European football. repeat.

With all due respect barca and bayern are not chelsea, and not being funny but I would rather take the word of a Chelsea stalwart legend than a bloke in India

the guy who said the oscar would have a hazard-esque development after jose said it? or the guy who just in september said that oscar was the most important player. or the guy who feels that the sun shines out of cesc's ass (last season).

you are right in one thing though, barca and bayern are not chelsea. they are bigger clubs with even bigger demands and what nots than us.

try to open your eyes and see the reality for once, instead of trying to call out people on their nationality. and thats a moderator.

You can repeat that one again every month and every year Chelsea look the way they have (while also spending heaps of cash above beyond most clubs). I've been waiting for the development since Arjen Robben and D. Duff left. still waiting.

JOSE promised us a DYNASTY ,, he actually meant DIE NASTY for our youth

the guy who said the oscar would have a hazard-esque development after jose said it? or the guy who just in september said that oscar was the most important player. or the guy who feels that the sun shines out of cesc's ass (last season).

you are right in one thing though, barca and bayern are not chelsea. they are bigger clubs with even bigger demands and what nots than us.

try to open your eyes and see the reality for once, instead of trying to call out people on their nationality. and thats a moderator.

Nothing to do with your nationality pal. Pat Nevin is closer to the club than any of us and is more of a respected commentator than any of us. He might make the odd wrong call, but who hasnt, especially on here.

I think most at the club would dispute that, but I understand why some fans are bitter atm.

JOSE promised us a DYNASTY ,, he actually meant DIE NASTY for our youth

How long does his contract run?

Make your evaluation when his contract is up, i think you wouldn't want to be evaluated when you still have time left.

When i get some free time i will take a look at your old posts because i'm just curious:

Have you ever said something positive about Chelsea and our coach?

@Fulham Broadway

good posts, keep them coming