The Mourinho Thread

Interesting post match interview with Steve Holland.

Was going on about how hard they been working on attacking play in training.

Certainly blows away this myth that Chelsea under Mourinho don't put any practice into forward play

Can you post the link?

Certainly blows away this myth that Chelsea under Mourinho don't put any practice into forward play

Yeah - and they should be :) Having not scored from open play for ages before Porto :)

As the old saying goes - 'one swallow does not a summer make' - if the focus is now on attacking play, then I will be pleased as it has sorely been missing previously, as evidenced by our previously pathetic displays.

But, I will take this Xmas miracle :)

Yeah - and they should be :) Having not scored from open play for ages before Porto :)

As the old saying goes - 'one swallow does not a summer make' - if the focus is now on attacking play, then I will be pleased as it has sorely been missing previously, as evidenced by our previously pathetic displays.

But, I will take this Xmas miracle :)

Exactly. It's high time we start practicing it. Get our fullbacks forward to provide crosses, increase the tempo of our gameplay in the final third of the pitch and we'll create many chances like a normal big team does.

Interesting post match interview with Steve Holland. Was going on about how hard they been working on attacking play in training.

Interesting, I haven't seen that. But I also thought that we looked more fluid. I know Porto gave us space because they had to chase the game, but it wasn't the first time we've been given space and even then we looked clueless, getting pinned back and not finding openings to go forward. This time it was different, we looked threatening on the break every single time and with better final touches/finishing, we could have scored 4 at least. That was encouraging, but there have been false flags before, so until proven otherwise, I won't make anything of this. However, this was undoubtedly our best display this season. During the last month or so there have been quite a few of those games where everybody's been saying they were our best performances so far, this means we ARE improving and that is only positive, but now we need to iron out the inconsistencies.

theory absolutely blown to smithereens, i agree

Well the article doesnt answer the headline

I think one of the reasons is that Chelsea are always under pressure. Usually to win something or to qualify somewhere. Now we are under pressure to climb the table. Managers simply don't trust youth under pressure and that goes especially to Mourinho. The games where they do play are against weaklings with less pressure than normal, and even then the minutes are very limited and instead deadwood with no future are preferred.

I am wondering how do they expect them to develop pressure tolerance when they are protected to the point they don't play meaningful games at all? Sure RLC has time on his side, but if the past is anything to go by, then age 19 will rise to 21 soon enough and players in his position will have expected to be playing more prominent roles in the team by then, rather than just sad minutes in cock cup or games where there is nothing to win or lose.

1089-14305153271862967043.png

yes,Mourinho is a genius.

I wonder what people will think of this season if we finish top half of the table and win the Champions League and say the FA Cup, personally I'd be happy with that.

I wonder what people will think of this season if we finish top half of the table and win the Champions League and say the FA Cup, personally I'd be happy with that.

If we win CL and FA Cup we could finish one goal above relegation and I'd be fucking delighted....it's not even a debate. If we do not get into CL, we'd better not even get 6th and then it is irrelevant where we finish anyway.