The Mourinho Thread

I get you love Oscar but can you just accept that we can do much better than him. What has he actually offered us this season and for majority of last season? Medicore displays. Today just took it to another level. There is a reason Oscar got subbed off at H/T. Not just because he was poor but I think Mourinho realised himslef that Oscar was not actually going to do anything in attack.

Hazard's goal return has been poor this season and he has been poor but he has been a lot better than Oscar. Hazard was our best player against Arsebal, Stoke, Norwich and changed the game second half against Newcastle. West Brom was very good too. Oscar had one good game against Swansea and put in a good defensive performance against Arsenal. That is about it.

Yeah, Moruinho does fuck up our attacking players but Oscar has not shown signs of his 'potential' for a long while now and I am sick of it.

Yeah I also think Oscar's time at Chelsea is up. I expect him to move abroad and become a much better player for it. The English game is too physical and he hasn't developed technically at Chelsea.

I'm just posing the question would he be a better player under a different manager though? Like under Wenger or Klopp.

Hi friend,

Imagine that one of the reported problems were true: The board didn't want to strengthen the squad but Jose wanted to do it. Do you think Jose can say this in public? No he can't, he can't openly criticize the owner and the board.

By the way, I am not saying that not strengthening the squad is an excuse that we're in 14th with 15 points after 15 games.

Hi mate

The fans are fighting for him. Not insulting their intelligence by coming up with same old excuses after every defeat is the least he can do. I don't know how you feel about it but, for me, listening to his lame excuses has become more painful than suffering the cruelest defeat. He should just stop it. Stop it!

And, yes I expect him to tell the truth. He doesn't have to point fingers because, as he said before, every body needs to take responsibility... Well, what is his? What did he do wrong? How would he fix it? .. These are not ordinary days, my friend. They need extra ordinary measures.

Honestly I would sack Mourinho after the Porto match no matter what the result is. I would try to arrange a deal where we could maybe meet him halfway on the release clause or w/e.

Then, I would hire Sampaoli. He doesnt receive that much money in Chile and his unhappy with the turn of events after Chilean FA president left less than a month ago. He has great tactics and is known to be a "players manager". I cant see us going wrong with it, specially since he is a cheaper option. We would definitely not play worse than what we are right now...

http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/news/10091107/chelsea-debating-how-long-to-give-jose-mourinho

Please, please, just sack him. Has ruined us in so many ways. Poor football, poor results, poor treatment of Eva, given us a negative image by the media with all his BS. Tired of it. What do people think he can actually bring us? Even our victories this season have been below par performances. Sick of it and what him gone. I can do with an interim till end of season if it means Mourinho going. Then next season we hire someone now from scratch. The players have completely lost confidence in him too and that is the biggest concern.

The idea of an interim manager is starting to sound better and better. This is all so sad.

What are the chances of Chelsea managing to convince Di Matteo, Zola and Petrescu to work together as head coach and assistants? That would make the current situation more bearable. It's too bad Hasselbaink signed with QPR.

Honestly I would sack Mourinho after the Porto match no matter what the result is. I would try to arrange a deal where we could maybe meet him halfway on the release clause or w/e.

Then, I would hire Sampaoli. He doesnt receive that much money in Chile and his unhappy with the turn of events after Chilean FA president left less than a month ago. He has great tactics and is known to be a "players manager". I cant see us going wrong with it, specially since he is a cheaper option. We would definitely not play worse than what we are right now...

Do you know managers who made that move straight from South America to Europe's elite succesfully? Or even unsuccesfully? I can't think of anyone. And I also wonder why it barely happens.

Can't stand him here any more. I was ok to keep him till the rest of the season, but I'm not sure if he stays here, will we play in PL next year. He did so much harm to our club that I won't believe in any of his words saying he loves this club and so on. Thank you for what you have done in the past, you can leave now, although it's too late to do it with your head up.

Can you imagine what a different, more innovative coach would do with the likes of Mata, KDB, Lukaku, Bertrand at his disposal? Only Mourinho would get rid of all of those talents we had and resort us to playing football that bores you to death. Playing the likes of Zouma RB etc. Just deluded...

It's a curse really. We've been cursed... Attacking football, We know we want it, the owner wants it and the players want it... but we're doomed not to have it. Every investment the club has made for the past 5 years was geared towards achieving exactly that... some how we're back to square one.

I am just waiting for the axe to fall on Mourinho's neck and the sooner the better for the club.

He's not a long term football manager since he shuns blooding youth and is fast becoming a football relic with his one-dimensional defensive tactics and stubborness in constantly picking Ivanovic and Fabregas.

Only bloody idiots support him. They should call themselves Mourinho fanboys rather than Chelsea fans.

It's a curse really. We've been cursed... Attacking football, We know we want it, the owner wants it and the players want it... but we're doomed not to have it. Every investment the club has made for the past 5 years was geared towards achieving exactly that... some how we're back to square one.

Since Roman took over, we have only been an attacking team for few stretches of a season before it starts to wane.

Mourinho's first spell when he had a fully fit Robben/Duff and Joe Cole with Drogs/Eidur up front. This only lasted until 2006/2007 after which we sold Robben and brought in Malouda. Under Scolari we were briefly attacking again and we put in some great matches up until December where we lost the plot in the dressing room. I wouldn't consider us an attacking under Hiddink (we were moderate and effective) and under AVB we were clueless most of the time. Amcelotti's first season was great (probably the closest we've come to a whole season of attacking football) but his second was really frustrating.

Robbie came in after AVB and swept up the defense clean which helped us win the FA Cup and the Holy Grail. Robbie's second season was unfortunate, he started brightly then a freak result against United and a certain Clattenbug undid us and we never recovered under him until he was sacked. Under Rafa, we were inconsistent, attacking against the minnows but we played defensively against the teams better than us.

Mourinho's first season was a mixed bag, great counter-attacking against the big teams but we were similar to what we are now (but better defensively) against the so-called minnows.

Last season up until January was great football, then the Spurs result happened and we haven't played half as good since.

Just to sum things up, there's no coach in the world that can provide results with attacking football for a whole season. If we get someone like Pep, we'll be entertainment initially but his lack of pragmatism will bite us hard in some games (and important ones).

Mourinho's time is nearly up I'm afraid but I don't see any other coach doing better in terms of getting both success and how we want the club to play.

why?

so that we are officially out of league cup, challenging for PL and out of CL by the start of december?

I assume reaching the 2nd round of the CL is one of the minimum targets for the season.

If he achieved this, how would you react? And do you think that reaching the 2nd round could have a positive influence on the players and their performances for the rest of December?