The Mourinho Thread

Didier Drogba:

Things often come in three-year cycles - we'd arrived at the end of such a cycle,"

"By the start of the fourth season that Jose had been in charge, I think we had started to reach a point where it was harder for his message to get through.

"We wanted to hear it, we tried but somehow we had lost a little bit of what made us special."

"One of his many qualities is that he brings a winning mentality to all the teams he manages."

(out his new book commitment)
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-legend-didier-drogba-warns-jose-mourinho-success-comes-in-threeyear-cycles-a3113481.html

Some heavy shit, grist to the mill for every speculator, can't believe that the king said something like that.
It's upsetting me big time, fucking shit.

The book has to be ordered, at least by baby Jesus. :wub:

Maybe that's the bitter sweet revenge for calling him a "diver".

We really need to collect the three points from now on, that's the only way to shut them up.

Chelsea's hierarchy are confident manager Jose Mourinho can turn around their poor season, according to Michael Emenalo, one of Roman Abramovich's closest aides and Blues technical director.(Telegraph)

good interview and insight into the thinking behind the scenes.

the quote "People always say that football is a matter of opinion, which I find sometimes extremely frustrating – football is a matter of expert opinions,” he says. “You can only get expert opinion if you are in the know" will upset a few of the forum junkies on here

Chelsea's hierarchy are confident manager Jose Mourinho can turn around their poor season, according to Michael Emenalo, one of Roman Abramovich's closest aides and Blues technical director.(Telegraph)

Vote of confidence huh?

So basically if we lose next game, he's gone.

He would say that wouldnt he .. Let's judge by results

No actually it has never been said for previous managers, so yeah, he wouldn't just say it.

In the meantime, people need to read between the lies, there are far more interesting insights in his interview than the stuff regarding Mourinho's future, especially the latter's communication and drama, it's really worth a read.

He looks way more calm at the moment, positive signs, it looks like this break really helped him relax and re-focus.

Edit : I absolutely love his speech, really really positive, smilling and happy right from the start, doesn't talk about the past, when asked about not being able to coach against Stoke "It's over", and moves on.

States that this difficult period is an experience, with a smile, says that all the players, staff, and club are confident and eager to make the most out of the next 4 months ( as there is no international break until March ), talking about enjoying the competitions, getting results, playing with joy at home, making the supporters happy.

It has been a while, welcome back José.

Half decent presser from Mourinho there. Seemed relaxed and ready.

They spent far too long asking about Paris though.

Which brings me onto another point......playing La Marseillaise just before kick off.....not my cup of tea. Going a bit overboard with all the respect stuff now. The FA and Wembley got it right and that was enough.

p.s. for those that complain they can never get tickets....there were nearly 200 of them in the exchange this past week

Hello TalkChelsea, I'm Mana the weatherman and I'll be providing the weather at Stamford Bridge!

Today all day it's partly cloudy with uncertainty. Tomorrow before noon there will be some sunny spells of hope. Later that evening around 4:50pm, dark clouds will approach the Bridge with heavy rain and thunderstorms.

Have a lovely day folks.

we might end up with a relegation volcano