The Mourinho Thread

Lets use simple maths.

Which solo artist has sold more tunez than Justin Beebz during the past couple years?

Which artist tested himself in Canada, America, and then the world.....?

Evidently since high numbers >>> high quality, Justin Bieber should be the one we all want dominating our playlists.

who cares how many cups Jose has, he's boring as fuck

Regardless of whether he's good or not in your opinion, Bieber sells music because he's popular.

Regardless of whether or not he's popular with you, Jose wins trophies because he's good.

Regardless of whether he's good or not in your opinion, Bieber sells music because he's popular.

Regardless of whether or not he's popular with you, Jose wins trophies because he's good.

Ok that could be true.

I was more-so trying to make the point though that just because you're considered to be on top, or the 'best' by some, doesn't mean that you produce something of high quality, nor does it mean you're entertaining. It just means the right people talk about you, or you're living off of glory years like in this instance.

I ask this.

Does Jose produce high quality?

Do Jose's teams entertain?

(In this decade, not the last decade.)

And that's why i make the Bieber comparison. Both are considered to be top-tier in their fields, but neither of them have done anything innovative, awe-inspiring, inspiring in general actually, in a very long time.

They're celebrities, and their names are bigger than their results.

Bieber isn't a great singer, or songwriter, and Jose is now a greater celebrity than manager.

It's like having a plain t shirt from Gucci that costs £400 (Jose) and thinking it's better just because of the label/price factors. Well guess what. Gucci is outdated now (Jose), and if you opened your eyes you'd find just as good a t shirt in the back of Asda somewhere that does everything you need it to do, without the pretentious label that comes with.

I hate people that can't see the bigger picture. This isn't Mourinho FC, it's Chelsea FC.

For all the talk of Mourinho being the best manager and having the best record at Chelsea, he keeps on failing in the UCL, season after season.

Semi final 2004 - knocked out by a ghost goal. 2014 - knocked out by an atleti team that won their league that year. Many other times we have been in the QFs under Jose. Your point is irrelevant.

Ok that could be true.

I was more-so trying to make the point though that just because you're considered to be on top, or the 'best' by some, doesn't mean that you produce something of high quality, nor does it mean you're entertaining. It just means the right people talk about you, or you're living off of glory years like in this instance.

I ask this.

And that's why i make the Bieber comparison. Both are considered to be top-tier in their fields, but neither of them have done anything innovative, awe-inspiring, inspiring in general actually, in a very long time.

Bieber isn't a great singer, or songwriter, and Jose is now a greater celebrity than manager.

It's like having a plain t shirt from Gucci that costs £400 (Jose) and thinking it's better just because of the label/price factors. Well guess what. Gucci is outdated now (Jose), and if you opened your eyes you'd find just as good a t shirt in the back of Asda somewhere that does everything you need it to do, without the pretentious label that comes with.

I don't know where you live, so I don't know about your music exposure, but in the US, I'd say Bieber is more "popular" now than he was in the past. When he first became popular, he was adored by teenage girls and loathed by pretty much everyone else. Fan girls went crazy and people loved to make fun of him. but these days, his music is appealing to more people and I see less Bieber hate.

Ok that could be true.

I ask this.

Thanks Leif,

I understood what you were getting at it's just that your examples operate in entirely different environments. In pop music it is of course possible to be both popular and good but it is just as possible to be popular but not good, or to be good but not popular. It does not work like that in football. In football you get nothing for popularity, everybody loves the way Bournemouth are playing this season. To succeed you have to be good.

I know people claim that you can win with luck, as is said about our Champion's League triumph for example, but I'm not buying it. When the oppo don't do what they should it's not because we're lucky, it's because they didn't get the job done. We were not the best squad in the league last season but we had the best player and the best manager. That was enough and it was not luck.

When you start talking about fashion I'm way out of my league but I do appreciate that brands need to renew and reinforce their credentials. Everyone knows how recently Jose won trophies and underlined his credentials.

Semi final 2004 - knocked out by a ghost goal. 2014 - knocked out by an atleti team that won their league that year. Many other times we have been in the QFs under Jose. Your point is irrelevant.

The ghost goal was '05 and then in '07 we were eliminated at the semi-final stage on penalties.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho could return to Real Madrid, says Ramon Calderon

"But after two or three years I can see him here again - it happened the same with Chelsea, they sacked him but then he came back. In football that is normal.

"The current president has a lot of interest in Mourinho, he backed him a lot during his time at Madrid and Mourinho is his favourite coach."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/10065544/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-could-return-to-real-madrid-says-ramon-calderon

"But after two or three years I can see him here again - it happened the same with Chelsea, they sacked him but then he came back. In football that is normal.

"The current president has a lot of interest in Mourinho, he backed him a lot during his time at Madrid and Mourinho is his favourite coach."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/10065544/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-could-return-to-real-madrid-says-ramon-calderon

Heh, its sounds good, i dont like RM and Jose.

But if we are talking about PL and CL, in last 10 years we became a Europe club and we are aspirating for best club trophy which is CL. But for fans which are going on Bridge match by match and they are seeing it close, the PL will be much worth then CL. Moreover we need to think in which competition we have more chance to win. We won only once and nobody had through we could do this(in that season ofc when we were fighting against Barcelona and Bayern and ended on 6th position in PL). In last years we only reach to semi, by tbh only Bayern, Barcelona and RM have CL-win status. We need to think what we can do but we never gonna give up :).

Lmao what a non-story. These former presidents will say anything to try and get re-elected or generate some publicity.

I absolutely love Mourinho, but it is becoming increasingly hard to justify the board's decision to stand by him. The team has failed to make major improvements since he got here. Yes, we did win the title last season, and we came close his first season back, but still, he has not corrected the most prominent issues Chelsea had when he got here. We still need a striker(s), we are still looking for the team to play more attacking and possession orientated football, we still need at least another quality central midfielder, and we are still looking for academy players to breakthrough(Loftus-Cheek is close). The only way for him to save his job would be if the team somehow manages to qualify for the Champion's league, which would mean the team would need ~60 points from the next 27 league games, or we would need to win the Champion's league, and I don't see the team doing either because it requires Mourinho to make drastic(and very risky) changes.