The Mourinho Thread

You are guys acting like the media, putting so much importance on every single game. Why can't Jose have a bad season like Klopp had last season?
Let's do a simple math and say missing the CL is failure. He's had 12 full seasons and the current one will be his 13th.
Let's assume he will finish the season and won't make top 4. That's a failure rate of 1/13= 7.7%. I'd hire a manager with a success rate of 92.3% any day.
Or maybe we should look at the 12 league games this season. He's never had a run of games like this before in his career.
He's had 12 seasons, that are 10 * 38 games + 2* 34 (Portuguese league) = 448.
12 games + 448 are 460 in total. 12/460 games = in 2.6% of his league career he's having such a bad run. Not that bad, is it?
Based on what do you think he can't make us win again? Based on history, based on pure speculating, or based on your hate towards him?

I hate people that can't see the bigger picture. This isn't Mourinho FC, it's Chelsea FC.

For all the talk of Mourinho being the best manager and having the best record at Chelsea, he keeps on failing in the UCL, season after season.

Rather than talking to the media, he should be fighting tooth and nail on the pitch and producing assists for Costa.

I want to know TC members opinion on the following

1) do you accept the assertion that Chelsea under Jose are always too cautious when facing any team as good or better than Tottenham!?

2) do you thhink Jose will ever change?

3) do you not mind Chelsea being so passive all the time in big games ? do you want that to be part of chelsea's identity?

1. No. We are necessarily cautious.

2. I hope not.

3. I mind it very much but i) how many Barcelona players do we see standing about in front of the ball when they are out of possession and ii) take Pep back to Barca, give him the squad that Di Matteo took to the Nou Camp that night and see how he sets up.

Mikel plays too slowly and crucially, his passes lack pace often forcing the receiver to stop to collect them, Oscar can't pass, Ramires can't pass, our full backs can't pass, Willam slows the game and misses almost every time he tries a decisive pass, Costa has heart but lacks the technique of a top quality striker. Only an idiot would send our full backs bombing forward knowing there is is high degree of certainty that, by the time they get there, the opposition will have the ball.

I don't think the likes of Payet, Cabaye, Cedric, Van Diyk and so on are currently used as a fiat.

They dominate and and their teams are playing to their strengths.

For me the so called small teams have stepped up big time and no other league has that amount of competition in their league!

They are not Ferrari either.

You missed the point. There will always be standout players in every league, everything is given important in a relative way. Everything can not be monotonous, there is no such thing as reality only a perception of reality exist.

Are you still following me?

The players you listed are standing out in comparison to others. I can not say they are good players, but I can say they are good in comparison to other players in the league. This phenomenon exsist everywhere. They just don't get the hype and media attention players in the EPL gets.

The players you mentioned were almost in complete obscurity before arriving. They didn't become good or worse.

What I can conclude is that these great EPL teams are sucking in CL and EL, this as certain I can be.

I hate people that can't see the bigger picture. This isn't Mourinho FC, it's Chelsea FC.

For all the talk of Mourinho being the best manager and having the best record at Chelsea, he keeps on failing in the UCL, season after season.

He has two Champions League titles. Only Ancelotti and Paisley have more than him in the entire history of the tournament.

You are guys acting like the media, putting so much importance on every single game. Why can't Jose have a bad season like Klopp had last season?

Let's do a simple math and say missing the CL is failure. He's had 12 full seasons and the current one will be his 13th.

Let's assume he will finish the season and won't make top 4. That's a failure rate of 1/13= 7.7%. I'd hire a manager with a success rate of 92.3% any day.

Or maybe we should look at the 12 league games this season. He's never had a run of games like this before in his career.

He's had 12 seasons, that are 10 * 38 games + 2* 34 (Portuguese league) = 448.

12 games + 448 are 460 in total. 12/460 games = in 2.6% of his league career he's having such a bad run. Not that bad, is it?

Based on what do you think he can't make us win again? Based on history, based on pure speculating, or based on your hate towards him?

The manner in which , he is having a bad season , is detrimental to the entire club , and is damaging us long term

What has format to do with manager adoptation? Atm everyone is playing in same system of CL. Some managers have done better some worse. But all are in same situation. Guardiola couldnt adopt to the situation in past two years of CL semis. Its my opinion that system is wrong, but fact is that all managers play in same system and some did better while some didnt. Guardiola was indeed naive because he didnt change tactics thinking real madrid was beatable like Frankfurt and Nurnberg and similar clubs Pep played week in week out in buli.

So you don't blame him that he didn't win CL with Bayern ? Because that's what I fail to understand from you as I think blaming him for losing in the semis is directly blaming him for not winning Champions League and you're saying that whole format of CL is wrong and unfair. After all it was only 4 games he played against them and you're blaming him for failing in those 4 games in unfair competition (when injuries plays a big part which hit them sorely) ?

isn't it only the quality, of the top PL teams that has declined? the midtable and lower teams are better than ever, and all can bring in good players.

It certainly should be improving over the next four years. I'd like to see our mid-group sides start to demonstrate their growing strength by making a better showing in the Europa League. Sadly it will always be worth far more to them to simply avoid relegation than to win that competition, even when its golden ticket to the Champion's League is taken into account.

He has two Champions League titles. Only Ancelotti and Paisley have more than him in the entire history of the tournament.

don't forget 6 more semi finals where in he lost 2 on penalty shoot outs, and 1 because of the Liverpool ghost goal.

Rather than talking to the media, he should be fighting tooth and nail on the pitch and producing assists for Costa.

Credit to the fella though. He has always been consistent...off the pitch. Always speaks well in press conferences, interviews etc but never really backs it up with his performances.

About discussing PL and CL ...

Lol. Top clubs try for years how to create breakaway European league. There's a lot of noise and rumours that such league will come to fruition eventually and we're even discussing which thing is better ?

Owner of this club said that Champions League is his best football memory, our manager is saying every time that his best memory was winning Champions League with Inter. Players are attracted by the Champions League and choose clubs based on that. Our best player joined here because we could offer him that. Maybe in England it's a discussion, after all English clubs were banned from European competitions for 5 years after Heysel tragedy but in Europe like 99% desired, holy grail goal for fans and players alike is the Champions League.

Lets use simple maths.

Which football manager has won more cups than Mourinho during the last 12 years?

Which manager tested himself in the 3 big countries?

Name me one, please!

Lets use simple maths.

Which solo artist has sold more tunez than Justin Beebz during the past couple years?

Which artist tested himself in Canada, America, and then the world.....?

Evidently since high numbers >>> high quality, Justin Bieber should be the one we all want dominating our playlists.

who cares how many cups Jose has, he's boring as fuck

About discussing PL and CL ...

Lol. Top clubs try for years how to create breakaway European league. There's a lot of noise and rumours that such league will come to fruition eventually and we're even discussing which thing is better ?

Owner of this club said that Champions League is his best football memory, our manager is saying every time that his best memory was winning Champions League with Inter. Players are attracted by the Champions League and choose clubs based on that. Our best player joined here because we could offer him that. Maybe in England it's a discussion, after all English clubs were banned from European competitions for 5 years after Heysel tragedy but in Europe like 99% desired, holy grail goal for fans and players alike is the Champions League.

99% eh....lol.

Most countries have to win their league or finish top 2 just to even qualify for the CL.

Winning their league is more important before thinking about CL.

Most clubs realistically cannot win CL so your view that 99% of fans think their club winning CL is the holy grail is totally unrealistic.

However, as I pointed out earlier...I agree with you about Euro league and that could be the future

I think this is distorted because of the teams he managed. They had money to spent.

Look at crappy Mancini how he did with the Inter before Mourinho got there and then City.

Now Pellegrini that never won much of anything win trophies with City.

You need to look at context as well my friend.

Money is important;

almost everyone needs it and lots of clubs have money, but the question remains:

On whom do they spend it on?

You must put brain on it; an idea has to be developed, money alone will get you nowhere.

It's a sad example, but because of the money the Premier-League clubs should do much better in Europa, especially in the Europa League.

Spanish clubs use their brain and dominate the Europa League, unbelievable.

I don't like Roberto Mancini, but you have to give the man some credit!

1 Supercoppa

Coppa Italian twice

3 times in a row the Italian Championship (Ferguson did it in a tough league, who else?)

1 FA Cup

1 Championship (won the battle against Ferguson, who never ever wanted that to happen)

For me that's very impressive! He is far away from being a crappy manager!

Achieving those things is not that easy, a lot of skill is required!

But he ain't word class, i give you that. Luckily, we don't have to make a binary choice!

Pellegrini won the Championship with Manchester City, because he is also a good manager.

If money is the only thing needed to win trophies, why is Manchester United doing jack shit with one of the most expensive squads in the league's history?

What happened in Madrid during the past 13 years?

Lot's of years they crashed out early in the UCL, but they almost always bought in some very expensive players.

PSG are trying everything they can to win the UCL, but until now they haven't done it yet.

Titles bring the club in the spotlight, but establishing an identity is similar important.

Mourinho doesn't only bring in titles, he does far more.

I have seen Chelsea play a lot and sometimes i take a look at other teams, but cross your heart:

Chelsea 2004/2005 and Chelsea 2014/2015 were one of the best teams in the history of the club.

Apart from all the glory and the expensive players, he made it work more than once.

That's very impressive and at the end of the day should count for something.

Lets use simple maths.

Which solo artist has sold more tunez than Justin Beebz during the past couple years?

Which artist tested himself in Canada, America, and then the world.....?

Evidently since high numbers >>> high quality, Justin Bieber should be the one we all want dominating our playlists.

who cares how many cups Jose has, he's boring as fuck

Bieber is successful, can't take that away.

But take a good look at his awards, has he won something that makes him compete with someone great like Adele?

I don't think so, the juries do have the some opinion, earning money doesn't make him a serious artist,

therefore he gets no significant trophies!

Serious cups are important, whatever you do, bringing the trophy home make most people happy.

All their hard work they have had to put in have been rewarded, for me there's no better feeling.

You are relevant, you are getting good results.

What's boring?

I think being a loser, being useless and minor, i don't want that and most of the football players and non football people don't like that either.

Currently, our style of play is shit, but it's not always been these way, which Chelsea manager played better football than Jose 2014?

99% eh....lol.

Most countries have to win their league or finish top 2 just to even qualify for the CL.

Winning their league is more important before thinking about CL.

Most clubs realistically cannot win CL so your view that 99% of fans think their club winning CL is the holy grail is totally unrealistic.

However, as I pointed out earlier...I agree with you about Euro league and that could be the future

I'm saying based on what I read about Belarussian, Polish, Czech, Ukrainian Bulgarian etc. clubs. Their owners want to get to the Champions League. That's their ultimate goal. Winning the league on the occasion is a platform for that.

Every club measures themself with what they can do. I would never say that just winning the league is a failure, no it's a success. Winning the league is a standard goal to achieve. Though ultimate goal, roof of the club is the Champions League. For some it's just a participation and for some try to win it. That's the limit.

About breakaway European League I think we're getting closer. There will be whole reconstruction needed. It's yet another thing in Europe when nations are united, boundaries diminished. Though I think 10 years from now realistically speaking.