The Mourinho Thread

What if Brendan come in we win all of our PL games get max. 89 points and winning the league, because Leicester, City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal starting to drop points.

We go to Round of 16 where we beat Bayern on penalties, in quarters we beat Barca agg. 6-1, in semis we beat Rafa 5-0 at Bridge and lose 1-0 in Spain, and beat Zenit in the Final after extra-time.

In FA cup we beat Arsenal and Man U to win it :D:wub:

And then I woke up...

But if we look at this from us side- better time to sack him was after lost with Stoke. Now we just lose 4/5 days for new manager.

Or we are giving the new manager a full summer.

From everything I've seen, there's absolutely no reason to suggest that he's going to be sacked at any time during this season, unless we're still this bad in January. Other managers have backed him, the board has backed him, Roman has backed him, most of the supporters back him. The only ones who aren't backing him are the media and some vocal minority of supporters.

Or we are giving the new manager a full summer.

From everything I've seen, there's absolutely no reason to suggest that he's going to be sacked at any time during this season, unless we're still this bad in January. Other managers have backed him, the board has backed him, Roman has backed him, most of the supporters back him. The only ones who aren't backing him are the media and some vocal minority of supporters.

Yes maybe board and Roman think that he can save this season and LM for us. But tbh i dont this so.

I never liked Guardiola much, but if Mou leaves, I think Pep would be the only and best choice.

He would certainly add some stability into team and bring fluid football.

Problem is his defensive tactics, no plan b and how he suits english football in general.

But if we look at this from us side- better time to sack him was after lost with Stoke. Now we just lose 4/5 days for new manager.

After Stoke was the time.

I have already come to terms with it - he isn't going until the summer and even then he may stay if they cannot acquire the right targets.

So at least another 6 months of dull as dishwater Chelsea performances to come :(

But FML - we need to start winning

Please stop. Guardiola is miles ahead of Mourinho tactically and his teams have ALWAYS been better defensively.

Inter vs Barca 2010?

I still think Guardiola is tactically naive when it comes to the defensive part of the game, but is better at getting the full potential out of a team.

At least he is not afraid of bigger opponents :) We were knocked out by 10 men PSG ...

His approach is fine but tactical adjustment is wrong. I mean he lost 5:0 and 5:3 on agg last two semis, including 4:0 and 3:0 defeats.

Tho Im sure this year will be more careful and Vidal if fit might play very big role.

Yeah thats why Bayern was dominating everyone but got out as soon they played against better opponents in CL for past two years.

What about Mourinho's Chelsea that just got out playing against inferior oppoents in CL, at home, for two years in a row? Okay, someone will say Atletico's squad was sooo much better, thats why they easily won, 3-1, at Stamford Bridge, and of course PSG was also miles better, thats why they managed to get the result they needed even if they were down to 10 men for most part of the game.

But actually you have a point, Guardiola tatics with Bayern are looking a bit suicidal at times.

One thing with Guardiola is that there will be a major squad overhaul once he comes, especially defensively. If he comes I'm really going to miss having David Luiz, because he would absolutely thrive under Pep's philosophy. Imagine a centre-back partnership of John Stones and David Luiz.

At least he is not afraid of bigger opponents :) We were knocked out by 10 men PSG ...

You make it sound as if we lost by huge margin, we went out on away goals. PSG are a great team, with arguably more consistent and overall better constructed team, no shame in losing to them.