The Mourinho Thread

“In football generally, someone who is really successful as a manager or a player creates enemies because people get jealous," the former Liverpool star told talkSPORT.

"People want to see someone at the top knocked down. For so long Jose Mourinho has been one of the best managers in the world and has had success everywhere he has been, and this is his first real bad spell, especially in this country.

“People are loving it because it makes good headlines and of course he is not the must humble fella in the world so he is easy to dislike in some respects. I personally like him and I think he has earned the right, more than anybody, to have a bad spell.

“As a player if you have a couple of good years and then a bad spell, you expect the manager to stick with you because you have shown him you have quality.

“Jose, for what he has done for Chelsea Football Club and the success he has brought them, eleven games into a season he has earned the right to have a bad spell.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/474949/Chelsea-News-Murphy-urges-Abramovich-to-keep-Mourinho-at-Stamford-Bridge

Seriously, where does all this money go?

The FA is non-profit, right? So either they need all the fine money they collect to break even in which case there is a clear conflict of interest and they will be inclined to unfairly dish out harsh punishments when they need money, or (more likely) they don't actually need the money in which case the fines are an added profit for them and they are clearly no longer 'non-profit'.

Jose once suggested that whenever the FA fines someone, the money goes to charity. I can't think of a single reason for that not be implemented.

That would be the best suggestion. Since the demise of FIFA I expect national football Associations throughout the World have been quietly shredding documents, and ' tidying' up their accounts lest scrutiny reveal the true nature of their 'business'.

To ask whether the FA is corrupt is akin to asking, ''does the Pope wear a funny hat ?''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3312237/Chelsea-s-disastrous-start-shock-season-Sportsmail-reporters-explain-tipped-Jose-Mourinho-s-retain-title.html

Pundits explaining why they tipped Chelsea to win the PL again.

Most of them now believe the team will finish in 5th or 6th.

Those guys were a joke to tip Chelsea to win it again this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3312237/Chelsea-s-disastrous-start-shock-season-Sportsmail-reporters-explain-tipped-Jose-Mourinho-s-retain-title.html

Pundits explaining why they tipped Chelsea to win the PL again.

Most of them now believe the team will finish in 5th or 6th.

Those guys were a joke to tip Chelsea to win it again this season.

The human race cannot even predict the weather, let alone the footballing future :)

Just laughable :)

Im seriously questioning Mous ability to manage properly if he tried to play Kenedy as fucking CB. You just dont test and train a winger (who is doing a fine job there) as CB or even FB.

What the hell.

Didn't he play Traore as a left back during preseason?

Didn't he play Traore as a left back during preseason?

He also replaced FB with Kenedy in one game, but I thought it was because he wanted more attackers to win the game...

But if he actualy wants to utilise and transform Kenedy into defender just because he is willing to work hard in order to impress Mou, Im done.

Who am I to question two time CL coach about tactics, but that is downright unacceptable management.

'Mourinho’s off-field conduct has been received badly in the Stamford Bridge boardroom, where there are concerns about the damage being done to the club’s image.'

HAHAHAHA

There are concerns about the damage being done to the club’s image

'CONCERNS'

:) :) :)

I don't think it could be said with bigger euphemism. The club's image was absolutely torn to pieces !

Im seriously questioning Mous ability to manage properly if he tried to play Kenedy as fucking CB. You just dont test and train a winger (who is doing a fine job there) as CB or even FB.

What the hell.

Just getting them used to being played out of position for them to be ready when Brendan comes.

I don't know if giving him full season is the sign of patience or board's happy permission for mediocrity. I think neither. What I'm most convinced of it is 'political' reason in that. They want that CPO shares and it's crunch time in talks. Fans are fully behind the manager and they don't want to fall from grace with them before that.

I wonder ... We're probably restricting ourself to Diego Simeone. It's almost impossible to see Guardiola taking over after Jose. I think it's necessity to be smooth period before that.

We'll see.