The Mourinho Thread

Maybe a role like RDM or the continously rumoured Zola, where we are giving them a grooming role as a coach for possible employments elsewhere would/could be a nice thing to see the group incorporate. Imagine the like of Lampard, Drogba or Terry teaching the youth the Chelsea way :)

There are some legends out there, but i want the best coaches for the youth, not the best ex players.

If you were a great player means jack shit, when we're talking about educating young prospects.

Thierry Henry was a great player, but as pundit he is really bad, i think we're talking about Championship level as a pundit.

That can also be said about the coaching ability from some of the former world-class players.

The former Bayern Munich player "Mehmet Scholl" recently hit out at the new generation of the so called "laptop coaches" and "class winner coaches".

Ex players feeling the heat and that's a good thing, nowadays football isn't only about balls and huge will, no it's a lot more strategic, you need to know how to use your brain.

Lamps, Terry, Drogs will always be welcome at our club, but they have to compete with other guys (academics) for the job.

Or you should rather say that he almost won a league with only 1 world class player? Look at his Swansea spell, they played some fantastic football. His Liverpool side scored 30 more goals than Chelsea in 2013-2014 season. I don't rate him as a bad manager just because he couldn't make it up to TOP4 with players like Marković, Henderson, Lucas, Lallana...

Maybe he is a good coach (friend of Mourinho) but not so good when we're talking about buying the right players for the team.

Swansea was really good, nowadays it's not looking so good for them, i like their style of play, but Gomis is a poor mans Bony.

Jack Cork, happy that he made it, deserves it. :getin:

Maybe he is a good coach (friend of Mourinho) but not so good when we're talking about buying the right players for the team.

Swansea was really good, nowadays it's not looking so good for them, i like their style of play, but Gomis is a poor mans Bony.

Jack Cork, happy that he made it, deserves it. :getin:

Mate - Swansea is a pretty grim place, how they can even afford the majority of players is beyond me. Wales accounts for a huge portion of our social welfare since the mines were closed. I'm surprised they can even afford Gomis. What chance do Swansea have when a big club comes knocking? Absolutely none.

Rodgers at Chelsea will never happen

Mourinho would have been gone already if he was going

This season is now all about how we can win our next game and try to finish as high in the table as possible. If that means 17th then that's what it is.

No players sold in Jan and no players bought either - this squad needs to stick around until the summer when wholesale changes need to be made.

Am I pleased about the prospect of this? Absolutely fucking not!

Those however are the cards we have been dealt and we need to bluff it out and hope others fold...

Mate - Swansea is a pretty grim place, how they can even afford the majority of players is beyond me. Wales accounts for a huge portion of our social welfare since the mines were closed. I'm surprised they can even afford Gomis. What chance do Swansea have when a big club comes knocking? Absolutely none.

Rodgers at Chelsea will never happen

Mourinho would have been gone already if he was going

This season is now all about how we can win our next game and try to finish as high in the table as possible. If that means 17th then that's what it is.

No players sold in Jan and no players bought either - this squad needs to stick around until the summer when wholesale changes need to be made.

Am I pleased about the prospect of this? Absolutely fucking not!

Those however are the cards we have been dealt and we need to bluff it out and hope others fold...

I think the big money coming in from the Premier-League sets Swansea up for good.

They have a lot more money than most teams of the german league or your austrian league get. :D

Overall, i think Swansea has regressed in their style of play, too many hoofballs in the direction of Gomis, that's not a nice change of play.

If Chelsea goes big in january means, will Jose still be in charge?

If so, i think we will go guns blazing for John Stones and other hot prospects, they won't fuck around anymore, we'll get at least one good player.

Will that lead us to better times in the future?

Don't know, but i think you're way too pessimistic.

We have lost a lot of times during this early spell, but now we have a short break and after that easier games than before are coming,

so we should really climb in the table and get some confindence back.

Then we'll see.

Easier games? United, Spurs, Porto, Leicester are easier games?

International breaks means jack, as proven from the last 2 breaks, we still play shit.

Anyway, I made my mind up. This team will not reach that Chelsea standard until at least Jan or when Jose is sacked. Something is wrong in the dressing room, and Chelsea are doing their best not to leak it out to us.

Because if there is a complete unity with the players and the manager we wouldn't be 16th place.

I agree 100% that something is wrong, something is very wrong :(

But the fact he's still here whilst other managers would have been sacked by now makes me wonder just how big this problem is.

Yes, I should probably be more loyal, yes Jose has delivered trophies. but the club is as aimless now as it was when he was sacked first time around. If anything it's worse.

Maybe the club will give him 3 years to stamp a footballing identity on the club, God knows we need it. But if it's the type of football we are currently witnessing for almost a year, that will be the greatest mistake ever.

Why was Senna (who won less than Schumacher) more celebrated and respected? Because he had style and flair, I think Schumacher is the better driver and in his day was an absolute machine, yes he won, but it was a kinda boring winning... Maybe that's enough for some people to be boring 'winners', maybe I am over indulgent and spoilt for wanting more? I don't know, all I know is we currently suck and come the next game, if we lose, I just don't know where we go from there...

Telegraph, Guardian and BBC report that Mourinho is safe.

Daily Mirror? Fuck that!

Rodger's seen in London, he's gonna get Chelsea job !

Journalism at it's finest :rolleyes:

Typical English media, isn't it? We are trying to back the manager in a bad moment but they are trying to 'sack' him by writing rumours every single day. And if we sack him, they will then moan about us not giving managers a chance and being too trigger happy when things go wrong.

Or you should rather say that he almost won a league with only 1 world class player? Look at his Swansea spell, they played some fantastic football. His Liverpool side scored 30 more goals than Chelsea in 2013-2014 season. I don't rate him as a bad manager just because he couldn't make it up to TOP4 with players like Marković, Henderson, Lucas, Lallana...

His teams play decent football but cannot defend to save their lives.

Voodoo from visit Thailand recode

1996 Champion Milan visited .... Next season finished 11th

Real Madrid Galacticos visited ... Next season finished 4th Carlos Queiros got sacked

2013 Barcelona visited .... Next season lost champ to RM Got only 1 cup for whole season

1989 Man Utd with Ferguson visited ... Next season Finished 13th got only Fa cup

1997 Man Utd with Ferguson again visited ... Next season Finished 2nd after lead 10 points

2001 Man Utd with Ferguson again lol .... Finished 2nd again lol

2013 Man Utd with Moyes .... As you all see lol

Liverpool that gerrade slipped that pre season they visit Thailand

Newcastle visited ... Next season from battled for champion and Euro they need to survive for relegation until now

Middlesbrough visited ... Next season with Juninho, Ravanelli they relegation lol

If you guys remember

Chelsea visited with AVB ... Next season Slump in league AVB got sacked tons of problems

We got RDM, He can expiate sin and take UCL with amazing luck

Some in Thailand say because RDM that season look really like Monk, ROFL

c0ff5c5697eabfb25afec64fdcebe9c2.jpg

Team needs to be drilled, absolutely drilled on attacking play. Clueless when we attack.

It's a problem no doubt but really how many teams are actually well drilled in an attacking sense? Out of the big boys in this league only really City are.

Arsenal are powerless against tactically astute sides, Tottenham and United are even more clueless on the attack as we are, they just get away with it due to their defence whereas we haven't had that luxury this season.

There's a reason a lot of managers build a solid foundation and let the rest take care of itself, because nine times out of ten that's the formula for success.

It's a problem no doubt but really how many teams are actually well drilled in an attacking sense? Out of the big boys in this league only really City are.

Arsenal are powerless against tactically astute sides, Tottenham and United are even more clueless on the attack as we are, they just get away with it due to their defence whereas we haven't had that luxury this season.

There's a reason a lot of managers build a solid foundation and let the rest take care of itself, because nine times out of ten that's the formula for success.

Unless you are Guardiola who uses a completely different system where attacking play is also defending.

surely arsenal are too. and they are the top 2, so we should follow them to some extent

Jose Must Shave His Head!!!

soccer-jose-mourinho-file-photo-2-390x28

Voodoo from visit Thailand recode

1996 Champion Milan visited .... Next season finished 11th

Real Madrid Galacticos visited ... Next season finished 4th Carlos Queiros got sacked

2013 Barcelona visited .... Next season lost champ to RM Got only 1 cup for whole season

1989 Man Utd with Ferguson visited ... Next season Finished 13th got only Fa cup

1997 Man Utd with Ferguson again visited ... Next season Finished 2nd after lead 10 points

2001 Man Utd with Ferguson again lol .... Finished 2nd again lol

2013 Man Utd with Moyes .... As you all see lol

Liverpool that gerrade slipped that pre season they visit Thailand

Newcastle visited ... Next season from battled for champion and Euro they need to survive for relegation until now

Middlesbrough visited ... Next season with Juninho, Ravanelli they relegation lol

If you guys remember

Chelsea visited with AVB ... Next season Slump in league AVB got sacked tons of problems

We got RDM, He can expiate sin and take UCL with amazing luck

Some in Thailand say because RDM that season look really like Monk, ROFL

c0ff5c5697eabfb25afec64fdcebe9c2.jpg

Our offensive animation from the start of last year would team them to pieces, and it pretty much did, given that we wasted a lot and didn't finish them off at the Bridge.

Our pressing destroyed humiliated them in Wenger's 1000th.

You're using the wrong example.

Mourinho can make a team play high pressing offensive football, proved it in the past, just needs the players to be in good shape physically and mentally, which is pretty much necessary for all coaches around the world.

Last year the pre-season was too intense, excellent first 6 months, tired players after that.

This year the pre-season was a joke, awful physical and mental condition which translated in the start of the season, accumulation of factors, the defeats made it worse more and more.

We don't have the players Real have to ask why we don't play like them ( even with those players, a joke of a coach like Benitez can make them play absolutely awful ).

Bayern have excellent pre-seasons and 6 weeks breaks during the season. ( not gonna talk about the quality of their players either... )

Barcelona have had Messi for a long time now, Guardiola made them play that kind of football but Leo saved their asses way too much even in that period, when he has been injured, they have guys like Suarez and mostly Neymar doing wonders now...

Arsenal are a bad example, their philosophy never got them anywhere near granted success these recent years, so until they win the league again, bad example.

We don't have the attractivity ( and thus the quality of the players ) of the BRB, they are miles ahead, that's what we aspire for, but it's way too hard.

The only example I can discuss is City, they have a hell of a squad at the moment, we pretty much left them for dead when they weren't this strong last year.

Their offensive play can also easily be countered, even when they are at the top of their game, you see teams coming and smashing them at the Etihad ( don't bring our example, we are nowhere near the top of our game, so yeah, we get smashed by everyone ).

Never gonna state enough how squad quality is important in the PL and European football in general, just look at Bayern last year, you'd think a club with that squad wouldn't struggle, and they did ( at some extent ).

Ferguson done that for nearly two decades, always had monstre squads, and utility players whom he would play instead of starters and still get the same result with more or less the same display.

Mourinho can do high pressing game and """"beautiful"""" football, he just needs the right assets at his disposal, he isn't a Ferguson, he doesn't have Messi, nor the squad of Man city or those supersquads of the BRB right now, the pre-season is the defining problem ( not the only one, obviously, but that's what started this shit storm), he tried a light one to have fresher players for the second part of the season and avoid the problems of last year, he ended up with a bunch of lazy guys who reported back to preparation out of condition, it's everyone's fault, José, the players for their laziness in the summer, the board for not investing in a squad that needed it. :)

There you go, it's like you heard him talking now, this is the "accumulation of factors" that he implies when asked "What has gone wrong at Chelsea José ?" :)

he needs to stop relying on the likes of ramires , oscar.

and selling mata , kdb - without bringing in genuine CAM talent.

and utilise musonda ect. he's had chances to make this squad a lot better.

until we get to january , and he can buy players, he has to make use of the young, talented, energetic ones. dragging our heels with ramires is unacceptable.

That's the point, people expect us to play Barcelona football with 50% Hazard Matic Fabregas Oscar or with the likes of RLC.

I don't, just want my team to grind out results at the moment, I think we have what it takes, but it hasn't been exactly going our way even when we played good so we're gonna see..

As i said before, I really expect us to step it up after the break, all the reasons to suggest the opposite are gone, including bad luck.