The Mourinho Thread

I laughed so much when I read this initially, but after thinking about it long and hard - he would be OK as an interim.

Hazard = Suarez (ish)

Willian = Sturridge (ish)

JT = Gerrard (ish)

He managed to get Loserpool pretty close with a team on paper at least equal or worse than our current squad.

At least he tries to play attacking dynamic football. I'm sure he would have also learnt from that mistake against us where he just needed a draw.

I dunno though - there must be better options :)

I mean jesus I even praised the FSW during his tenure as he delivered a trophy! I would never have thought that! Somebody could have given me an infinite number of guesses and praising the FSW would have been nowhere on the radar!

Rodgers bores the life right out of me :(

he knows Chelsea, he knows the board, he knows the transfer policy, he knows the youth system, he has worked under big names, he has worked with big players and ego's...... perhaps a smidge too early, but he has all the right credentials.

Of course its unlikely, but wouldnt it be great to see Chelsea give an up and coming British person a chance?

It would be amazing and I would love it

I'm not being critical - just debating.

There's a big step from knowing and seeing to doing, how many times have you seen a number two fail - they know the players, the club etc and then it still doesn't work out for them.

I say it's probably too early - maybe another year or two yet. But, life is a risk and if he can, he should.

Would be great to have an English manager again :)

It would be amazing and I would love it

I'm not being critical - just debating.

There's a big step from knowing and seeing to doing, how many times have you seen a number two fail - they know the players, the club etc and then it still doesn't work out for them.

I say it's probably too early - maybe another year or two yet. But, life is a risk and if he can, he should.

Would be great to have an English manager again :)

nice to see we agree on something muzzie old boy

Are you guys really considering Rodgers? :D please no, if we go down that route just appoint JT as manager-player.

I do not want to appear or seem to be on the high ground looking down as a regular home/away match going supporter but if Mourinho goes it will take someone extraordinary with immediate impact of getting across to the fans to get the match support on board.

If a not so well known coach such as Paul Clement, Steve Holland or those of similar ilk with club connections were to take over.........they would be given a lot more time and be given more patience from the match day crowd than a high profile manager expected to deliver from day 1.

If Mourinho goes...I really hope the board take this matter into consideration

I'm still in favour of him taking the team forward for the time being. Result haven't really improved, but performances have. However, if we don't get out of the CL group stages (can't see that happening) or we don't start climbing the table swiftly after the break; he should be replaced by Hiddink until the summer.

I do not want to appear or seem to be on the high ground looking down as a regular home/away match going supporter but if Mourinho goes it will take someone extraordinary with immediate impact of getting across to the fans to get the match support on board.

If a not so well known coach such as Paul Clement, Steve Holland or those of similar ilk with club connections were to take over.........they would be given a lot more time and be given more patience from the match day crowd than a high profile manager expected to deliver from day 1.

If Mourinho goes...I really hope the board take this matter into consideration

Sadly i don't see that happening, not the supporters bit, but the appointing a not so well known coach. Or if it would happen it would be AVB all over again, run of bad results and he's gone as quick as he came.

I consider a miracle the fact that Mourinho hasn't been sacked yet, but when/if he's sacked, it's going to be because the board will want immediate results to climb up the table and cut our losses as much as possible, that is much more likely to happen with a well known coach than someone from league 2. (At least from a business point of view, of course a league 2 manager could be very well capable of that feat)

Also the moment when/if Mourinho is sacked i believe the board won't take into consideration towards who the fans are going to be more patient, as they would just keep José in the first place.

At the end of the day, it would be really nice to have an unknown coach, give him time, and see him build something out of this team, but in the eventuality of a sack that's just won't be an option in that moment, unless it's going to happen in the summer.

Rumors are that Rodger, RDM and Hiddink are all on our short list to replace Jose until the end of the season. Goodness me if there is any truth in this I don't know what to say, maybe the problem isn't mainly Jose after all but the board as well. If we get rid of Jose a good replacement needs to come in, not 3 managers that have been sacked from their respective jobs barely a few months ago.