The Mourinho Thread

I still voted "no", but at this point no one can fix this damage, so sacking him tomorrow won't help anything, but he still must leave at the end of the season. He is responsible for the current unbalanced and weak squad, and perhaps another manager doesn't deserve this calvary.

Best time to sack him and bring another manager is at the end of the season, that will avoid the negative talk in the press impacting the perforances "Chelsea are bad guys because are firing managers again", and will also avoid another Rafael Benitez like appointment.

I still voted "no", but at this point no one can fix this damage, so sacking him tomorrow won't help anything, but he still must leave at the end of the season. He is responsible for the current unbalanced and weak squad, and perhaps another manager doesn't deserve this calvary.

Best time to sack him and bring another manager is at the end of the season, that will avoid the negative talk in the press impacting the perforances "Chelsea are bad guys because are firing managers again", and will also avoid another Rafael Benitez like appointment.

I agree with you here, I think if he's going to go it will be the end of the season. I can see us finishing above mid table, with the odd good performance, but nothing that will be enough to keep him here long term.

January panic buy mode will be in effect I think too, but the price inflation and lack of world class options makes that problematic.

If I were to guess I'd say the wheels are already in motion in terms of getting a summer replacement. We just don't know it yet.

The fact he has stayed this long has convinced me that he will not be sacked until either a.) the end of the season, or b.) it becomes mathematically impossible to qualify for the CL.

The latter needs a monster run of wins, and utd, city, arsenal, liverpool to have awful runs of form.

He traded Mata, Lukaku and KDB for a Capital One and league title, is this worth it we might have to ask ourselves when Lukaku earn his 50m transfer to PSG or KDB is included in World 11 in a couple of years.

KDB yes but Mata has been bang average since early 2013.