The Mourinho Thread

Missed your posts dude :) we always had a lively debate :)

3) I guess I didn't elaborate this enough, what's done is done, for me it's about our future stars not being integrated.

4) I do think he is short term, it's his us against them mentality - it doesn't have a long term effect. It works in the short term, but is unsustainable. His recent actions show he is losing control and a leader that loses control is one that loses respect quickly.

5) I posted something similar a while back. Either the Board need to come out and say he's here until the end of season, or remove him now. There's no middle ground it's black or white.

4. Thats highly subjective. He stayed short term in all his clubs but it wasnt because they were colapsing. Like I said, most of his clubs were left with good football and balanced squads. I dont disagree with your points of loss of leadership, lack of tactics and preparation, etc. Its all true. But its only true for this moment with Chelsea. Its not like its a pattern with Mourinho. The day his work didnt function would come and it is now (sad for us). But I definitely see him working long term in another club someday. They wont play flashy football but they will be competitive and not for only a couple of years.

5. I definitely agree with this, but unlike most I dont think it should be done publicly. Although we are fans the club has no obligation to give out official statements regarding internal affairs. So, I want the club to have an appointment with Jose and Roman and either sack him now during the break or assure him he is safe. But again, I dont think the club needs to release either another statement saying they back Jose. I would find that weak on our part...

It's not about being spoilt. It's about us being 16th place. Consistently losing with almost no improvements. We are not a small club that we once were anymore.

That´s why i´m humble enough to admit we were once a small club and we have overachieved in a way, the money injected by Roman helped a lot and i´m really proud of it of course and we are making history not relieving it, like Liverpool, Arsenal and co. throw at us every day, and i won´t allow myself to overreact to this situation, it´s not healthy for me and there´s more to life than football and i´m staying at this club for the loung haul no matter what happens in the future. Cheers

That´s why i´m humble enough to admit we were once a small club and we have overachieved in a way, the money injected by Roman helped a lot and i´m really proud of it of course and we are making history not relieving it, like Liverpool, Arsenal and co. throw at us every day, and i won´t allow myself to overreact to this situation, it´s not healthy for me and there´s more to life than football and i´m staying at this club for the loung haul no matter what happens in the future. Cheers

Nice post - yes we have come a long way! We should never forget that :)

Wish we had Jimmy and Eidur up front - loved those two! Or even Flo as Super sub :)

Yeah, today was the final nail of the coffin. Mourinho cannot sadly turn this around. He had over 10 PL games to pull us out and he has failed to do so. 3 losses in a row is just atrocious.

People here said we are just too good for relegation, but sorry guys, we are heading towards relegation as long Jose is in charge. It's the same old story I'm seeing game after game after game and nothing is changing for the greater good.

Costa, Fabregas, all the players he bought for last season are looking like quick fixes for that season. It really does.

I'm constantly fed up of people around telling me "HAVE FUN IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP! TROLOLOL" Time to move on now, before it is really really too late. I think it's even too late for top 4 now.

so what...lets have fun in the championship

Like i admitted few pages back, a lot of the wanting him to stay is emotion. Now i know he has won us 3 league titles and other cups, but he does have flaws. Would love him to stay, really would, but i'll admit that most of that is because he is Jose. If it were any other manager id want them out, 16th is fucking embarassing for the title winners of 5-6 months ago

Just my two cents

byeeeee...support the team whoever is in charge. If we can do it through Benitez we can do it through anyone

Well said that man!!!

I know we have argued in the past - but 100% back that statement.

I think it's probably just emotions though - I think Capello is also a bad choice lol ?

We are 16th!!! How much more time can we afford to give this man?

We are not getting relegated, that's for sure. The worst outcome would be to qualify for Europa league. I'd ratehr we stay out of europe for one year, get our act together and move on. One lousy year, it happens, we shouldn't overreact. The thing that scares me the most if having yet another manager that does not have the support of the fans/board Jose has and will get sacked sooner rather than later. The team and fans need unity, we need to stick together when it comes to hard times. We are spoilt. Players cant throw fits everytime they feel like primadonnas and same goes for Mourinho - he needs to learn how to handle his emotions (though, he is fooling the media and a lot of you guys with his dodgy interviews and keeping players off the radar), be more flexible. This is a learning curve for us all, we can't go the easy route everytime and spends stacks of money. We do not have the spine of players we used to, there is no authority in the dressing room. Terry's possibly last year, no Drogba to keep Costa working hard etc. I'm willing to go down this bumpy road if we must, but taking the easy route - enough of it.

I've actually voted differently in this poll and went with 'No'.

The reason I wanted Jose sacked about a month and a half ago was that at the time (I thought) top 4 finish was still salvageable. Obviously, that is no longer the case, so there is little motivation to sack him right now, imo.

Clearly still has to go at the end of the season, though, and the board has a lot of time to plan for everything so there can be no excuses.

Nice post - yes we have come a long way! We should never forget that :)

Wish we had Jimmy and Eidur up front - loved those two! Or even Flo as Super sub :)

Thanks :) the thing is, the club has been in this position in the past pre Roman era and that´s a thing this new generation of fans can´t come to terms with, bearing all the success Chelsea has achieved these past 12 years, that´s my view ;) Jimmy, Flo and Eidur were great and worked their asses off for the club, i feel really sorry that Jimmy and Flo didn´t achieve a lot more with this club, at least Eidur achieved it with Mourinho, then the bastard left for Barcelona and won everything in sight hehe

I've actually voted differently in this poll and went with 'No'.

The reason I wanted Jose sacked about a month and a half ago was that at the time (I thought) top 4 finish was still salvageable. Obviously, that is no longer the case, so there is little motivation to sack him right now, imo.

Clearly still has to go at the end of the season, though, and the board has a lot of time to plan for everything so there can be no excuses.

Even if that means facing relegation?

If he is going anywhere, really doubt its related to "fan support the other night". Fans are not spending up to 10m a year with Jose Mourinho, so its easy to chant is name right after the team score a goal, or at the end of the game when the team is winning. Instead of chanting "Jose Mourinho", at the end of Liverpool game the stadium was going home before the final whistle.

The commercial elements will play a big part

Up until now the club was stable at the top of the league and always had CL and associated revenues.

The books were on the way to being balanced and sustainable, stadium expansion happening and now this 16th, chances of CL gone and barring an absolute miracle no chance of winning it.

This will hurt the club financially.

However, it could force us to use our younger players and be more sustainable in the long run.

It's a delicate position... I can imagine some long hard discussions in the board room.

Heart says one thing, Head says another and wallet further complicates the matter!