The Mourinho Thread

Imo the only chance of him surviving after this weekend is IF WE BEAT Stoke convincingly like 3-0, I would imagine even a 1-0 scrappy win like today won't be enough to keep him here. Also he got the backing of the fans in the stadium so that is the only reason he is still in a job atm.

Saturday game will be telling and say it all, after the match we can draw conclusion from players's feeling toward him based on their peformance, in his supposedly 'must win' game let's see how they do, if we dominate Stoke by having like 10-15 shots then he might still be able to win them back, anything else and it is a lost cause and the trigger should be pulled imo.

I'm just relieved most of the posters on this forum don't go to games :P
The Bridge would be such a toxic and negative ground. Probably the visiting team would feel much more at home and relieved in spirit than our own lads. Oh, and José would get that Cola bottle on his head by someone shouting "You are done at the top level of the game go manage the MSL" accompanied by someone else "We don't enjoy your football, park your bus somewhere else, we read all about what's happening in the dressing room by the media!"
Was it pretty? Not the best performance, at times we looked good, at times we looked lost, collective performance was good. Do i care? Fuck that for now, we could go all the way to the final with own goals and free kicks, i would be delighted all the same, can't give a shit less for now about how "pretty" we play.
First we had a striker that didn't know where the back of the net was, now we have a striker who seem to have forgot where the box is, can't really complain about any other player, they looked up for it for the most part. Willian, Matic, Azpi, Zouma and Baba were all very good, i just can't be mad at Begovic and Hazard looked up to it when he came on, an upgrade over the Liverpool game and THAT penalty.
We've been here before 2 times, good performances with some lucky wins, i hope this one isn't followed by a total meltdown against stoke.
Whatever you guys say, you can't fault José for not trying to turning it around, he's tinkering with his starting XI almost every match now. I hope the board doesn't do anything stupid, he's here to stay for me. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Club, manager and everyone involved will come out of this stronger than ever, just hold on tight for a while.

oh... and

JOSE' MOURINHO...JOSE' MOURINHO....JOSE' MOURINHO!!!!

Yes, supporting Chelsea FC manager is also supporting our own club. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Now go on with the Mourinho worshippers bollocks.

It's a truly soccer/football inclusive phenomenon where the supporters will be enraged/angered/belligerent against the manager. From what I've witnessed in other sports people really don't care about the manager as much as a football fan does.

The Bridge would be such a toxic and negative ground. Probably the visiting team would feel much more at home and relieved in spirit than our own lads.

If they did and spoke out like they do on here....there would be a chance of a few taps round the chops from those standing near them.....however, I would bet, like all supporters coming for the first time to the Bridge, they would be bemused at whats going on around them, be as quiet as a mouse and get out their mobiles to take loads of pictures.

Thats after they have purchased a half n half scarf from the street vendors on Fulham Road ;-)

incredible support for mourinho tonight

if some of the players are not with him, i would investigate who the players are and show them who's the boss, either they show their football on the pitch or they are shown the exit door next season. Losing a great manager because of a physio? Hope Abramovich takes the wisest decision and listens to what the supporters want not what SOME of the players want.

The Bridge would be such a toxic and negative ground. Probably the visiting team would feel much more at home and relieved in spirit than our own lads. Oh, and José would get that Cola bottle on his head by someone shouting "You are done at the top level of the game go manage the MSL" accompanied by someone else "We don't enjoy your football, park your bus somewhere else, we read all about what's happening in the dressing room by the media!"

Was it pretty? Not the best performance, at times we looked good, at times we looked lost, collective performance was good. Do i care? Fuck that for now, we could go all the way to the final with own goals and free kicks, i would be delighted all the same, can't give a shit less for now about how "pretty" we play.

First we had a striker that didn't know where the back of the net was, now we have a striker who seem to have forgot where the box is, can't really complain about any other player, they looked up for it for the most part. Willian, Matic, Azpi, Zouma and Baba were all very good, i just can't be mad at Begovic and Hazard looked up to it when he came on, an upgrade over the Liverpool game and THAT penalty.

We've been here before 2 times, good performances with some lucky wins, i hope this one isn't followed by a total meltdown against stoke.

Whatever you guys say, you can't fault José for not trying to turning it around, he's tinkering with his starting XI almost every match now. I hope the board doesn't do anything stupid, he's here to stay for me. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Club, manager and everyone involved will come out of this stronger than ever, just hold on tight for a while.

oh... and

JOSE' MOURINHO...JOSE' MOURINHO....JOSE' MOURINHO!!!!

Yes, supporting Chelsea FC manager is also supporting our own club. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Now go on with the Mourinho worshippers bollocks.

Have you ever been to a football stadium? Comparing people behavior in an internet forum and in the stadium doesn't make any sense. Anyone who ever attended a football match would understand what I'm takling about.

Really don't understand why people keep throwing this argument.

I think that's great from the fans. The support was really great, but just like @Henrique, mentioned it does sounds like Mourinho knows his time is up.

It's a pity because I also don't see the worth of sacking right now.

Should just let the man finish the season and then see after that.

He is still going to be sacked after Stoke game hopefully, another game that was heading our usual frustating ending only for Willian to step up. Wouldn't surprise me if we draw Stoke on Sat, this win means nothing at all.

So negative.

I think that's great from the fans. The support was really great, but just like @Henrique, mentioned it does sounds like Mourinho knows his time is up.

It's a pity because I also don't see the worth of sacking right now.

Should just let the man finish the season and then see after that.

I disagree. He's gonna stick around.

Have you ever been to a football stadium? Comparing people behavior in an internet forum and in the stadium doesn't make any sense. Anyone who ever attended a football match would understand what I'm takling about.

Really don't understand why people keep throwing this argument.

I have been to a football stadium and seen how new supporters to a stadium react

Regardless of where I may stand on JM as CFC's long term manager, y'all gotta admit that was a special and sincere moment today.

No matter how shitty this season may end come May, he'll still be referred to as 'The Special One' in my book.

Dan Levene – ‏@danlevene

Not sure I've ever seen a show of support for a manager like the one from Chelsea fans for Jose Mourinho tonight. Can it make a difference?

Is he already backtracking from something he said just yesterday (or I'm mixing the names and he's not the one with the essay about Mou being fired next week?)? I don't think a professional club will change their mind because of something like that. It sounds pretty amateur, but still something I'd do - as I'm not a director or anything. :P

I'll tell you what. It touched me, it made me proud. I still believe he has to go at the end of the season (but I wouldn't mind giving him a second chance in a new season because I'm a girl, I'm emotional and that was pretty touching).

But when all those headlines about us have been so frigging negative, our support go there and just do that. not that media will give it as much attention as the circus they amplified, but Mourinho is right, seeing something like that is not normal, it's not common.

I don't think it's a cult as some have implied, I just think fans feel deeply connected to him and feel his connection to the club. I think they believe he can turn it around (I don't), I think they're trying to help to make things better (and I believe it will).

Ivanovic looked surprised by that and I think anyone would. I just hope the players don't feel 'jealous'. Mourinho is one to constantly advocate for fans to shout players' names in the stadium instead of his because he knows they need the motivation sometimes. So let's hope they won't feel like 'this guy is making mistake after mistake and they support him like that while they seem tempted to boo us when things go to worse or just go quiet when we need them to shout the loudest).

Anyway, what happened at Stamford Bridge today just shows that despite all the shit media and opposition fans say about us, the guys going to the Bridge are classy, special and have nothing with plastic stuff. I also believe they represent the majority of this club's support.

What intrigued me the most was how cryptic his answer to what the problems are.

Not that I expected him to answer it, he would never (no manager would), but when he said some of the problems he doesn't even want to touch?

I think one of the big detractors of our season is our pre-season. We made a test, it backfired hugely.

I also believe some of our players are resting on their laurels and some are just going through some terrible technical form.

Of course, I put a lot of over Mourinho's shoulders. He's showed his limitations to drill the attack, he's now seeing how lucky we got with our defense the last two years (that was the only thing I was able to foresee, that sooner or later we were going to get caught simply because we were quiet lucky in the past regarding that and relied a lot in miracles by our keepers).

Do I believe the report of someone saying they'd rather lose than win for Mourinho? No way in hell. But I do believe maybe a couple of players are quite unhappy under him. But if there was any player power going on, I think the answer from the stands today was enough for them to rethink about it. It's sort of unprecedented for a manager with the results - but especially displays in the pitch and issues and drama off the pitch - that Mourinho has to receive this kind of support. The players (some of them) might be especially brilliant people, but they're completely capable of understanding what happened today.

That's why I believe things will get better. When you don't want to play for your manager and you see the supporters answering like that, the board answering like they did with the statement, you just accept defeat and try to cut your losses. A new manager wouldn't put a lot of money on some players giving how bad they've been playing. That also wouldn't help their fees and interest from other clubs. So yeah, maybe the much needed change will come because fans promoted it, instead of players and manager - who are the main culprits.

Just finished watching the match. Don't know if Mourinho is staying or going, but as long as he is the manager I will keep discussing the football aspect of his career. I said yesterday it seems Chelsea became a non football club, and before the match the talk was Terry/Savage and now is mourinho getting emotional due to fans support.

I don't know if the squad is incredibly limited, or if Mourinho just runned out of ideas. The team followed the same pattern of other matches. 1st half the team looked decent, creating some small chances. 2nd half Dynamo started to like the game as the stadium completely muted. Dynamo scores, its 1-1, people watching the game live probably thought "same old shit", 4 minutes later the William scored from a free kick.

For the whole game this team lacked dynamism, intensity and energy. It has been like that for quite a long time,

The fact different players are playing in different positions game after game doesn't help, since it will take time before the team looks solid again. For now I would keep Hazard sitting on the bench, and insist with Oscar, William, Ramires and Matic.

Actually I don't see this team going nowhere, and perhaps I'm not suppa optmistic, but I don't see how firing Mourinho will make the team finishing in the top 4, for me this team won't be playing UCL next season. This team needs some new players in winter and an overhaul in the summer.

the team is limited in some positions and some players aren't showing what they are capable of, because they don't want to, not with Mourinho anyway.

Sacking Mourinho wont solve anything, this man last season gave us the premier league and the league cup titles with this same team. It's obviously not his fault. The players aren't with him.

Just finished watching the match. Don't know if Mourinho is staying or going, but as long as he is the manager I will keep discussing the football aspect of his career. I said yesterday it seems Chelsea became a non football club, and before the match the talk was Terry/Savage and now is mourinho getting emotional due to fans support.

I don't know if the squad is incredibly limited, or if Mourinho just runned out of ideas. The team followed the same pattern of other matches. 1st half the team looked decent, creating some small chances. 2nd half Dynamo started to like the game as the stadium completely muted. Dynamo scores, its 1-1, people watching the game live probably thought "same old shit", 4 minutes later the William scored from a free kick.

For the whole game this team lacked dynamism, intensity and energy. It has been like that for quite a long time,

The fact different players are playing in different positions game after game doesn't help, since it will take time before the team looks solid again. For now I would keep Hazard sitting on the bench, and insist with Oscar, William, Ramires and Matic.

Actually I don't see this team going nowhere, and perhaps I'm not suppa optmistic, but I don't see how firing Mourinho will make the team finishing in the top 4, for me this team won't be playing UCL next season. This team needs some new players in winter and an overhaul in the summer.

Totally agree with this part of your post. Firing Mourinho now would be a mistake as no manager out there can come in right away and guarantee a top-4 finish this season.

Maybe not having UCL next season is a good thing for Chelsea. It gives the club an opportunity to sell the deadwood and maybe start giving chances to 1-2 youngsters off the bench.

Our fans are great no matter what people say and they deserve the best football and trophies.

Jose always knew that there won't be any protests like he would face if he was coaching a Serie A or La Liga team.

On the other hand Roman also knows that there won't be any protests if he sacks him after Stoke City game.