The Mourinho Thread

Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport can't get enough of Jose Mourinho and that's been the case since he was manager at Inter Milan. Mourinho is highly thought of in Italy and, should the manager part company with Chelsea, then a return to Inter at some stage would be look to be an attractive option, albeit one which Roberto Mancini currently stands in the way of.

In their 'Extra Time' supplement on Tuesday, Gazzetta dello Sport split Chelsea players into those for and against Mourinho's continuation at the Premier League club. It's likely to be educated guesswork but they've gone to the extent of designing a nice little graphic, which is more than most have been bothered to do.

The Horsemen of Mourinho's Chelsea Apocalypse are named as Oscar, Nemanja Matic, Radamel Falcao, Cesar Azpilicueta and Branislav Ivanovic. Gazzetta's reasoning is a mixture of form, and how Mourinho has been treating those players.

On the Chelsea manager's side are Thibaut Courtois, Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa, John Obi Mikel, Ramires, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Kurt Zouma and Asmir Begovic.

We know who would win in a fight, even with the big Serbians apparently against Mourinho.

The Serbian press made a point at the end of the international break of saying that Matic is a very placid character, loyal, and simply not the type to cause trouble, so the perception of him could be wrong.

Eden Hazard and Willian are among a third group of Chelsea players said to not be too fussed either way.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/the-five-anti-mourinho-players-at-chelsea-named-along-with-his-su

So controversial :clap:

FYI before now I considered you one of the best posters on here. But your insistence in protecting anti-Chelsea journalism and instead attacking me when I didn't say a word about you, has me reconsidering.

Same here mate. Can´t believe you are buying the anti-Chelsea thing. Reconsidering my thoughts on you, specially because you said the journalisms are abusing freedom of speech in those reports, and a long as you believe anti-Jose is anti-Chelsea I don´t consider you a good poster.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10054395/chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho8217s-quotes-in-full-ahead-of-dynamo-kiev

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was in defiant mood ahead of his side’s crucial Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev.

The pressure on Mourinho intensified further following the 3-1 home defeat to Liverpool at the weekend and condemned Chelsea to their ninth loss in 17 matches in all competitions this season.

Former Chelsea forward Tony Cascarino said on Monday the Portuguese is facing the "biggest week of his career" so far and would not be the club's manager if he loses his next two matches against Kiev and Stoke City.

Question: Will you get time to turn things round? Have you spoken to Roman Abramovich since Saturday? How long do you have?

Mourinho: "I don't have to answer you if I was with Roman or not. I have four years. In this case, three years and seven months, or something like that."

Q: It has been reported that some of players would rather lose than win for you. One particular player apparently said this. Have you lost the support of some players?

Mourinho: "Look, I think it's a very sad accusation because you are accusing the players, or more than one player - I don't know what you report - of dishonesty. If I accuse you of being dishonest, a dishonest journalist, I think you'd be very upset and probably you'd take legal action. So I think it's a question for the players, not for me."

Q: How have the players responded since defeat on Saturday? Are you sure they are still responding still to your methods?

Mourinho: "Yes. Giving their best every minute of every training session. Giving solidarity in between all of us. Fantastic personal relationship. Very good professional relationship. Training always in the limits of the quality and the effort. And always with the strong desire to win the next match, which is what we're going to try and do tomorrow."

Q: There has been so much speculation as to why the form is so different to last season, same bunch of players, different results...

Mourinho: "Same manager."

Q: Do you know why the results are so different this season?

Mourinho: "Yes, I know. No (I can't tell you) because I'll be here a long time. It's a combination of factors. Some of them I can't, I don't even want to touch them. And yes I know."

Q: Are they all football related?

Mourinho: "Everything is football related, right. We don't want to blame social or political problems in some corner of the globe, you don't want to blame these aspects or bring these aspects to football problems. So everything is football related, of course."

Q: Difficult period for the club and you...

Mourinho: "And the players."

Q: Are you going to be a better coach for this?

Mourinho: "I try to be every day. Not because of this. I try to be every day. If I'd only become a better coach because of bad results, then I'd be a very bad coach because, in the last 15 years, I'd never have improved. But I try and improve every day, analyse every detail of my work every day, preparing sessions, discussing after sessions, preparing matches, analysing matches. That's what I do every day.

Q: This is a new experience for you, such a long period of negative results...

Mourinho: Yes. This is new for me. That's why I'm a good one. If I was a bad one it would come before. Yesterday a friend sent me some quotes of my press conference after the Champions League final in May 2004. I'd completely forgotten about it. In May 2004 in the Champions League press conference I said that, one day in my career, bad results would come. I said that in 2004 after winning the Champions League final with Porto. One day the bad results will come and I'll face the bad results with the same honesty and dignity that I'm facing now I am European champion. May 2004. So, 11 years later, I resisted well to the nature of my job and the nature of football. 11 years waiting for this. It took time, but it's come in a moment when I'm stable and strong to face it."

Q: Alvaro Arbeloa said you were like a bullet-proof vest for players. Are you taking too many bullets at the moment?

Mourinho: "For my players I'll do everything. I always do it. I'm not going to change."

Q: Happy to take more bullets if need be?

Mourinho: "Yes."

Q: How much do you still count on Radamel Falcao after delivering for many years for so many clubs in different circumstances?

Mourinho: "Falcao had, today, an important injury. Not so important as the ones he had previously, but an important muscular injury and he will be out for a few weeks, so there's no point speaking about him. Just to give you this sad news."

Q: How easy is self-reflection for you? And what do you need to do differently to be a better manager?

Mourinho: "To do what I did all my life. Which is to study and, in my case, it's difficult to study from others. When you reach my level, it's difficult to learn from others. You have to learn from yourself, with your own experiences, day by day, analysing your work like we do. That's why I have a staff of assistants to discuss every detail of our job. I learn with it day by day, with the experiences which come every day."

Q: People comment on your personality and the way you interact with other people being one of the things that you could potentially change. How does that affect you?

Mourinho: "It doesn't affect me."

Q: You've had 11 years to prepare for this bad run, and you said you're strong and stable. Why do you think results are not turning around? We were expecting this to be a blip but this is going on and on and on. You said you were working hard to turn it around but it just doesn't seem to be turning the ship around. Why do you think that is? It makes me think the football problems are quite big...

Mourinho: "I don't want to say much more. I told your colleague already it's a combination of factors. It's not one reason. One reason would be easy to fix. It's not one reason. It's a combination of factors. I don't want to say more than that."

Q: You said you always knew at some point in your career there would be a blip and that when that came you would have to handle it with dignity. Do you think you have handled this slump in form in a dignified fashion? There was another FA punishment yesterday, the interview after the match at the weekend. Jamie Carragher said on television he thinks there is paranoia...

Mourinho: "You know the way I am going to show my dignity in this moment? Is not to answer you. That's how I will show my dignity."

Q: It has been claimed that the players have asked you to play in a different way... is that true?

Mourinho: "No."

Q: At least in public you come off as a guy who is very confident in his own ability. With this run and the start to the season, do you feel personally that you've lost any of that confidence?

Mourinho: "No."

Q: Can you expand on that?

Mourinho: "You asked me yes or no, I answered you 'no'. No. You asked me yes or no, and I tell you no."

Q: Is there any updated team news? What do you think of Chelsea's chances of qualifying top from the group?

Mourinho: "I think Chelsea will finish first in this group. I think, if you don't finish first, we'll finish second. But I'm completely convinced we are going to qualify, and I think first. I think first. But the reality is that the game tomorrow is not even a game we have to win. Because a draw tomorrow, with two victories in the last two matches, we would qualify. No doubt, because Dynamo have to play against Porto and they both cannot win the same match. So even this match is not a must win. It's a must not lose, but not a must win. So our situation in the Champions League is not phenomenal, but it's absolutely normal situation. We have an important game tomorrow, but, I repeat, it's not a game we need to win like, for example, in a knockout match. I'm convinced we can finish first. That's what I think. If not first, then second."

Q: You talked about your friend earlier. Are you able to say who that friend was? Sir Alex Ferguson went through runs like this, you are very close to him - have you had any messages of support from him?

Mourinho: "Look, my friend is not a football person. And I'm not going to tell you which football people called me or sent me SMS because that would be unfair with some of them who I might forget. So it's better not to say. I've had messages from friends. Some are football people. Some are not. But I don't have to (tell you)."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Same here mate. Can´t believe you are buying the anti-Chelsea thing. Reconsidering my thoughts on you, specially because you said the journalisms are abusing freedom of speech in those reports, and a long as you believe anti-Jose is anti-Chelsea I don´t consider you a good poster.

anti-Jose is anti-Chelsea as long as he is a Chelsea manager, you don't need to contest that line of thought as it is my view only. I can't follow your logic, but if you consider that puke by eurosport a well-thought report then that's fine.. I guess. And also my point on freedom of speech abuse was exampled by, but not limited to that particular story. Look at it in general, on global reach and not only football. Anyway, I won't be dragging this discussion any further as I have the feeling it won't lead us anywhere meaningful, only more stress and negativity. Shit day as it is already I will try to relax instead. Good day to you :tophat:

He can smile all he likes and lick each of their arses, it wouldn't make a difference.

And seriously, this forum might as well be called TalkPR the way some people get on. He's a football manager, not a business executive. He doesn't need PR training and no amount of it would get the press off his case.

Yeah a football manager paraded in full view of the World.

Of course he needs media training - he's the public image of the club

At present that's a bitter, twisted, moody, miserable cunt.

Some image we have right now...

Did you actually hear what he said about that ? :)

Don't be surprised that you don't get his point if you don't bother to listening and actually understanding it.

I got his point

Sigh

He could have made it without bringing up he was European Champion blah blah

Always what he has done - nothing about what he IS GOING to do (which is more important) :) :)

If he smile you will told he care shxx about the situation ...

See that's where my view differs

Acting like a twat shows you are rattled - putting a smile on and being 'cool' shows you ain't bothered what they write

Journos are like sharks - won't stop until they kill and right now they smell blood

He could have handled the PC so much better than he did.