The Mourinho Thread

Jose, first and foremost, has to come to terms with the fact that, on a number of occasions during this calendar year, he has got it wrong. If he is to keep his job then he will need to start accepting his share of the blame. I'm not suggesting coming out in the media, the media can go fuck themselves. But within the confines of the club, his approach has to change. Team selection, tactically, motivationally, the lot.

If you think back to interviews in the past with the former spine of the team, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, they all used to state how deep an impact he had on them and they would have run through walls if he wanted them to, that's clearly not the case anymore with the current crop.

Selection wise, in my opinion, Mikel should have went years ago and shouldn't be considered for selection, Loftus-Cheek ahead of him every time. Fabregas further up the pitch because it's plain for all to see that he is NOT defensively minded. Costa is a liability, he offered nothing against Victimpool, nothing, and has been non-existent this season.

Agree wholeheartedly and before this turned into a forum war (which we are all guilty of :( - mea culpa) - these where the exact points being raised.

I have stated I want Jose gone - not because I don't appreciate what he has done for us a club - but because the current Jose IS NOT the Jose I remember. What we have is a bitter, twisted individual that lacks charisma, lacks foresight and doesn't really want to change anything.

The difference to his first stint is that we had players with big personalities - proven winners - and they got it! The world has changed, the players are more sensitive? now and the 'siege' mentality doesn't appear to work. Therefore he needs to adapt.

That's the issue for me - he is not adapting in a positive way - he's getting more negative and blowing up everything - almost like a scorched earth policy!

The club have been great TBH - they have stuck by him - he cannot fault them - so now he needs to drop the chip on his shoulder and knuckle down and figure this out!

If the team are complaining that the football they play is shit - ask them how they want to play and 'compromise' - life is all about compromise !!! Get the players to invest in the system and share the rewards - don't sulk and throw them under the bus.

There will be times when the players can attack as they want and times when Classic Mou park the bus tactics are applicable - be a little more relaxed and try this shit out. Not transfer list anybody who dares to question your approach. He's a football manager - not Stalin!

So that's my 2p on the subject.

If he can change - I would love him to stay, if he can't - I'm sorry but I will be glad to see the back of him !

Agree wholeheartedly and before this turned into a forum war (which we are all guilty of :( - mea culpa) - these where the exact points being raised.

I have stated I want Jose gone - not because I don't appreciate what he has done for us a club - but because the current Jose IS NOT the Jose I remember. What we have is a bitter, twisted individual that lacks charisma, lacks foresight and doesn't really want to change anything.

The difference to his first stint is that we had players with big personalities - proven winners - and they got it! The world has changed, the players are more sensitive? now and the 'siege' mentality doesn't appear to work. Therefore he needs to adapt.

That's the issue for me - he is not adapting in a positive way - he's getting more negative and blowing up everything - almost like a scorched earth policy!

The club have been great TBH - they have stuck by him - he cannot fault them - so now he needs to drop the chip on his shoulder and knuckle down and figure this out!

If the team are complaining that the football they play is shit - ask them how they want to play and 'compromise' - life is all about compromise !!! Get the players to invest in the system and share the rewards - don't sulk and throw them under the bus.

There will be times when the players can attack as they want and times when Classic Mou park the bus tactics are applicable - be a little more relaxed and try this shit out. Not transfer list anybody who dares to question your approach. He's a football manager - not Stalin!

So that's my 2p on the subject.

If he can change - I would love him to stay, if he can't - I'm sorry but I will be glad to see the back of him !

Completely agree mate.

Did you not know mourinhos style before he was hired?! Did it change!? Mourning never played a balanced team in his career.

Prob of Mikel and Ramires isn't their brains at least not on the pitch :) they just make a very poor midfield - every other top club has better. Their technique isn't good enough for this level and That's on Jose as he values strength and discipline over technique.

Yeah but he had changed remember :)

Yeah those guys, especially Ramires try hard - but are ultimately ineffective in those positions. We need upgrades or let's not use the fucking 4-2-3-1 system when we don't have the personnel :)

Today we have Champions-League matches, but all the Dailymail is going on about are Chelsea, Mourinho and Hazard.

They care so much, they want him gone and a lot of guys are jumping on the bandwagon.
The situation is bizarre, but staying by his side is really upsetting the newspapers, absolutely loving it.
They know when Mourinho is gone Chelsea will become half the force they once were, better chances for winning something for the likes of Arsenal or Pool, but not going to happen any time soon, Abramovich would have fired Mourinho already if he wanted him gone.
Let's stick together and steamroll Kiev. :D

Today we have Champions-League matches, but all the Dailymail is going on about are Chelsea, Mourinho and Hazard.

They care so much, they want him gone and a lot of guys are jumping on the bandwagon.

The situation is bizarre, but staying by his side is really upsetting the newspapers, absolutely loving it.

They know when Mourinho is gone Chelsea will become half the force they once were, better chances for winning something for the likes of Arsenal or Pool, but not going to happen any time soon, Abramovich would have fired Mourinho already if he wanted him gone.

Erm. I don't think teams are currently scared of playing us :)

The media are paid to write bollocks - why even reference them?

The thing is - Jose is not blameless as your post suggests - he 'was' one of the best managers last season, this season he is probably the 'worst' manager in the EPL. He and the Team need to sort their differences out and get playing again or our future games will only end one way - in defeat :(

Maybe the story just wasnt true? Football fans are such an easy prey its quite hilarious the things most people in here believe...

I'd very much like to think it's not true, and that the media are just being their usual cuntish self. But I do think sadly that there is something solid behind this.

Erm. I don't think teams are currently scared of playing us :)

The media are paid to write bollocks - why even reference them?

The thing is - Jose is not blameless as your post suggests - he 'was' one of the best managers last season, this season he is probably the 'worst' manager in the EPL. He and the Team need to sort their differences out and get playing again or our future games will only end one way - in defeat :(

We play bad, really bad, and yes, Mourinho did make some mistakes, i agree with you.

But on the other side, we are the current Champions, so a bad spell must be allowed.

United, Arsenal, City, Pool, they all would have loved to win the league, but they didn't.

At the moment, we're at rock bottom, but it can only get better, not worse.

One thing shouldn't happen in the future, entering the private room of the referee and picking up a fight, that's not okay.

I don't think that Jose is currently one of the "worst" managers, he tries different things, because of that, he isn't becoming a bad

manager, he is still the same guy as last season, only more adapting to losing, but not for long.

The media should comply with objectivity and impartiality.

They have lost their way with Chelsea and Jose, especially the tabloids, no matter what you think about them,

they influence the opinions of a lot of people and what they are doing is wrong.

I agree. But some thing has to change... whether it is the manager or his way of doing things, it's Jose's choice. He has to make a decision ASAP

EXCLUSIVE: Jose Mourinho will be sacked if Chelsea fans turn against him

CHELSEA'S fans are keeping Jose Mourinho in his job - for now.

Billionaire owner Roman Abramovich knows his under-fire manager still has the supporters behind him.

That has helped convince him to stick with the 52-year-old despite the champions' woeful form which has seen them pick up just 11 points from 10 Premier League games this season.

But if fans begin to turn against Mourinho following another poor display, against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League tomorrow, it could spark his axing.

There was even more woe for Mourinho today when he was hit with a stadium ban by the FA and left facing legal action from former team doctor Eva Carneiro.

But he has been told that as long as he keeps the fans on side his job is safe.

A source close to Abramovich said last night: "Roman's well aware the supporters are still behind Jose and if he was to sack him it would a very unpopular decision with most of them.

"Honestly nobody knows what he will do and how long he will let this go on.

"But if the fans start to turn against Jose it will make it a whole lot easier for him to get rid of him."

Supporters sang Mourinho's name throughout Saturday's 3-1 home defeat by Liverpool and there were no boos at the final whistle, despite a third loss in seven days.

Yesterday Starsport revealed how Abramovich was anguishing over how long he can let the Chelsea crisis go on before he dumps Mourinho.

Mourinho's problems mounted today with his ban and a £40,000 fine after being sent off last month at West Ham for using abusive language towards referee Jon Moss.

He will be banned for Saturday's trip to Stoke.

Earlier in the day it was revealed he is to be the subject of an individual legal claim from Carneiro.

That comes in addition to the action she is bringing against the club for constructive dismissal.

Legal papers are set to be served this week.

It means Mourinho will have to appear in person at an employment tribunal unless the case is settled first.

Under employment law, an individual can be personally liable for damages if victimisation or discrimination can be proved.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/473478/Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Eva-Carneiro-Roman-Abramovich

If Mourinho's worshippers are really the main reason why he hasn't been sacked as suggested by the article, I now want him to stay more than ever just to see how long it will take for even them to get fed up with his antics/football. And no, I don't believe he can change himself and turn things around.

the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one. It is not due to a mere lack of good luck we're where we are. That's the single most troubling thing about our situation. People are blinded by their affection for Jose to see there is actually an error to be corrected in his approach as a manager.

I agree. But some thing has to change... whether it is the manager or his way of doing things, it's Jose's choice. He has to make a decision ASAP

Some decisions took a lot a lot of time, maybe Hazard, Fabregas and Ivanovic (before his injury) could have been benched earlier.

But now, he is more ruthless, Matic, Hazard, Fabregas they are all feeling the heat now,

their place has been put under the microscope.

In my point of the view, the overall style of play is evolving and getting better, yes, the setbacks aren't over yet, sometimes they hit us very hard. I prefer to look at the positive aspects and getting a draw against Newcastle after being 2 down or taking the lead against Pool isn't so bad.

Yes, the player's mentality hasn't been fully restored yet, but we're getting there.

Long story short:

Mourinho does make the necessary changes at least now, the team is getting better at scoring goals, yes, the organisation needs to get better quickly, but overall i can see clear signs of improvement.

What else could you expect?

More controll and a constant killing spree, but i cut Mourinho some slack, because we aren't talking about a machine, which you simply can turn on or off.

If we're that bad during boxing day, the outcome will be different, then we have to analyse the situation very carefully and maybe Mourinho should get the sack then.

But we aren't there yet, therefore i continue with my support and trust towards the players and Mourinho.