The Mourinho Thread

:D welcome back CM

Nice one FB. Back for a lot longer this time hopefully mate. Getting to the stage when I'm getting fucked off with the game in its present form. But then we lose to the Marsh Men and then the Bin Dippers and the blood is pumping once again!

It's a fucking disgrace if it's even halfway true. Any players who do this to any manager, but particularly one with his pedigree, are arseholes. How dare they let the club and especially the supporters down like this. If they don't like the manager and style, then leave, it's very simple. Bet they were thinking about our negativity while taking their 500 selfies with the PL trophy after the Sunderland game. Cunts

Revealed: Jose Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo 'almost came to blows' at Real Madrid

With 10 minutes remaining, the coach very pointedly told Cristiano Ronaldo to track back. He also reprimanded him for hurriedly taking a throw-in that Mesut Özil was unable to control, allowing Valencia to break and provide the final fright of the match.

Mourinho, whose blood was no longer boiling by the time he reached the dressing room, reminded Cristiano of the reason for the instruction on the pitch: “If they get a goal against us…”

<_<

There is what the fans think is right ^^, how they define merit, and there is what every manager does.

I don't think the term 'merit' is very subjective here. Players are judged based on their form and performances on the pitch and if you are playing well, you deserve to start. If not, you don't. It's not rocket science.

At some point we ought to ask ourselves "do they know something we don't?" Which might explain why they get paid (a lot of money) to do all these "wrong" things. Without going into the myriad of details, they do watch these players, on and off the pitch in a daily basis, as opposed to any given Sunday.

If we're going to use that point in every debate, then we might as well not discuss anything at all since that's like an excuse for saying we don't know anything about football. Hence, we shouldn't talk about it because we aren't coaches etc. Even managers are humans and just like any human, they make mistakes, can be stubborn etc. I don't see how one can defend Mourinho for his continuous selection of Ivanovic (for instance) all season (until he got injured) really. His defending hasn't been anywhere good enough and he has cost us so many goals and yet, Mourinho's logic for playing him is because he is tall and that. Any other player who does that and we won't see them again for weeks/months.

If I had a dollar for every time a've head " can't possibly do any worse than [starter]..."

It may sound like a superficial thing to say but it's all about weighing the options and see who can at least do a decent job. Besides, it's extremely non-progressive to see Mourinho play a RB at LB and CB at RB all the time.

He has been tweaking and nothing has worked. Because the subs are worse than the starters, or at least at the same level (when in poor form). Some of these subs are playing at their limit whereas we know the starters can do better - as they've done before. So, naturally, the manager is trying to recover the form of the sure bets as opposed to bet on an unknown. I don't necessarily agree with everything Jose does, but I also don't find it as crazy or as prone to critique as most around here do.

He has tried to tweak things here and there and that I don't disagree but perhaps the problem here isn't that. Maybe it's more of a psychological or confidence issue. And it's not betting on an unknown but giving the players belief, putting faith in some of the others (getting them to put 110% effort can go a long way to compensate for a lack of quality). Man-management. Don't think Mourinho has really excelled in that, especially in this crisis. He seems more concerned about picking fights with everyone - people within the club, referees, journalists, managers etc.

Absolutely fascinating analysis from Carra, frank and Gary, they are so good at this.

Especially when it comes to Mikel and Ramires holding back so far to the point where they are hurting the defence rather than helping.