The Mourinho Thread

United, City, Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid and PSG. In the event that Mourinho is indeed sacked, I absolutely don't see him being wanted by any of these clubs for various and different reasons. Anywhere he goes from Chelsea will be a step down. Monaco and Inter being the most likely options.

If Mourinho gets sacked here, his ability to manage long term will be exposed for all to see, but he's still the best around in getting instant success, want that and Jose is you're man, it might even get him a 3rd spellhere before he retires.

If Mourinho gets sacked here, his ability to manage long term will be exposed for all to see, but he's still the best around in getting instant success, want that and Jose is you're man, it might even get him a 3rd spellhere before he retires.

Instant success. I don't even know what that means anymore. Two league titles and a couple of small cups in his last two clubs. A lot of underwhelming campaigns in Europe in-between. That instant success is no more better or worse than what a Guardiola, Ancelotti, Conte and Simeone have achieved at their respective clubs in recent years. I don't see how he's the "best around".

For me, it's only a desperate big club that I see going after him from this point on. I absolutely don't see him back here for a 3rd time. That will be tragic.

I haven't given up, not at all. I have long since given up on Mourinho, admittedly, I never supported his return, but I will never give up on Chelsea. I'm very optimistic about the additions of Pedro and Kenedy for instance.

There is cause for optimism. Contrary to what writers like Martin Samuel will have us believe, this is a very, very good squad. Easily one of the top 2 strongest sides in the country, if not the strongest. What we need is just a central midfielder and another right back as back up for Azpilicueta if Ivanovic is sold. That way we have Rahman & Ake as LB options and Azpi and another RB as RB options. We also need a new CB. JT's days. at the very highest echelon of centre-backs might be numbered. Zouma & Cahill are not enough. I'm also not that enthused about the idea of Ivanovic returning to his original position at centre-back to add as back-up. He's been an amazing servant, but he is past his prime. Our board also needs to be more sensible and realistic. Witsel, Schneiderlin and Alderweireld were available last summer, but we spent all our time chasing Pogba and Stones. That was really, really stupid.

I agree we seriously need to reform our defensive tactics to play a high line and building the play from back..IMO we need a CB , RB and a midfielder to make this squad highly competitve

Hes usually right, but quite often spouts bollocks.

If there was substance to this, you'd think it would be in the broadsheets, rather than an article on eurospurt..

Hes usually right, but quite often spouts bollocks.

If there was substance to this, you'd think it would be in the broadsheets, rather than an article on eurospurt..

Don't shoot the messenger mate :D

He does have good info about the Chels, so I wouldn't be surprised if its true. Honestly doubt Mour can turn it around, because for every positive there are three negatives lately. Would love if he proves us all wrong though, just can't see it.

Instant success. I don't even know what that means anymore. Two league titles and a couple of small cups in his last two clubs. A lot of underwhelming campaigns in Europe in-between. That instant success is no more better or worse than what a Guardiola, Ancelotti, Conte and Simeone have achieved at their respective clubs in recent years. I don't see how he's the "best around".

For me, it's only a desperate big club that I see going after him from this point on. I absolutely don't see him back here for a 3rd time. That will be tragic.

League success within a year at most two, he's done that at every club, if you are at the top domestically but need to makethe jump in Europe, Jose is proven in that (Inter or Porto), if you are 2nd/3rd best in the league and want to eclipse the best team, he in Jose (knocked Arsenals invincible and Peps Barca off their perch). Arsenal themselves are a team that could be tempted by Jose, if Wenger leaves without a league title since 2004 a club like Arsenal will want to end that drought soon, Jose will nearly guarentee one.

Also I can see him here for a 3rd time, he won't want his last moment at this club to be this shitstrorm and unlike this time, we will know its only for a couple of years, so unless we have found "our Fergie" by then, I can definitely see it happening.

Mourinho getting fired after Stoke game actually makes sense. There is a two week brake and the new guy can get to know the team and so on. Mourinho will probably go to Monaco.

It's sad it has to finish like that. At least to me.

Why on Earth would he go to Monaco? Tiny, insignificant club with a tiny stadium, in a poor league with no chance of eclipsing PSG, and on top of all that their owner has sold off all their best players and pulled his money out.

Why on Earth would he go to Monaco? Tiny, insignificant club with a tiny stadium, in a poor league with no chance of eclipsing PSG, and on top of all that their owner has sold off all their best players and pulled his money out.

Because who wouldn't go to Monaco? As a player or as a manager. Great place to live in & shitload of money.

Because who wouldn't go to Monaco? As a player or as a manager. Great place to live in & shitload of money.

It's a place for rich people to retire or earn one last fat pay day. Mourinho's ego and ability are far, FAR too huge to be wasted there.

If we sack him he'll be at another big club within a year or two.

"A lot of underwhelming European campaigns" when the man has reached CL semi-final 5 times and won it once in his last 6 seasons :lol: :lol: :lol:

People will do/say anything to serve their agendas nowadays won't they ?

Anything under a CL final with Real is an underwhelming campaign.

I never typed that. What I was trying to communicate was Mourinho isn't going to leave Chelsea and expect to see big clubs lining up for his signature. He's going to have to humble himself and settle for something smaller, at least initially. He will come out of this mess looking worse than ever and quite frankly, pretty overrated.

You're wrong IMO. Look at Ancelotti, his league record is frankly abysmal yet he's the most likely candidate to take over Chelsea ! He recently managed Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid, 3 of the very top clubs. If not Chelsea then there are rumours that he's going to take Bayern after Pep. Big jobs are always waiting for such successful manager.

Rafa Benitez is managing Real Madrid now ! Was previously at Chelsea even though he was 'done' at this level.

For Jose he has big job offer until he retires after such successful last 12 years.