The Mourinho Thread

This isn't about love or understanding the club, this is a results based business were in right now, we are in the shit. It's not about being a villain of the movie, and whilst it's quite clear the players have their fingers in their arses the buck stops with manager. As a team we have been found out, and I think with it comes that Jose's ideas/methods are outdated. I want to brush away a lot of things that are said in the press because they are all wankers, but in amongst all the hullabaloo and what is happening I'm quite inclined to agree that the players have just given up under Jose.

Something has to give now, and it won't be the players sacked, but we know who and why, that's the harsh reality of football.

Hi friend!

Yeah, I understand and, more or less, I agree with what you say. But we are trying to create a team for the next decade and IMO Jose is best for that. And to create a team for the next decade the most important thing is to keep the same manager and get an idea of club.

If we change now to place a manager like Capello, Mancini or Guus Hiddink that would be a mistake. If we want to make a big change maybe summer is the best time. But not now because the "bridges coaches" never works.

If we make good signings in January maybe we can turn this situation.

Although this situation is completely paranoid and frustrating ... I would understand any decision from the club.

Regards.

Hi friend!Yeah, I understand and, more or less, I agree with what you say. But we are trying to create a team for the next decade and IMO Jose is best for that. And to create a team for the next decade the most important thing is to keep the same manager and get an idea of club.If we change now to place a manager like Capello, Mancini or Guus Hiddink that would be a mistake. If we want to make a big change maybe summer is the best time. But not now because the "bridges coaches" never works.If we make good signings in January maybe we can turn this situation.

Although this situation is completely paranoid and frustrating ... I would understand any decision from the club.

Regards.

Imo he is the worst for that. With him £100 ms worth of young players will go down the drain. We talk about ake , solanke ect. But he simply won't play them.

If Mourinho gets the sack, can't believe it, but i can't stop it...

I think Capello wouldn't be too bad, especially short term.
The man is a proven winner and he won't take shit from any player, moreover he has a good relationship with John Terry.
He won't play pretty, but most likely we will end the season with a good shot at a cup, maybe CL, you never know.
The moaning around here will continue, because he isn't fancy enough and some people always know best, fun times ahead of us, no matter what's going to happen...

Mourinho's Scorched Earth approach it would again appear to be his downfall. In every country he manages in he burns all his bridges. Anyone who thinks Man United would take him now are frankly deluded. Is there anyone else he can piss off or get into a petty squabble with?. Will there be a clamour for Mourinho if he leaves us can't see it myself. He brings nothing but chaos and anarchy where ever he goes and lets not forget where we are in the league.

If he's not careful Mourinho will only start to be offered jobs in countries like Greece and Turkey where his type of one-upmanship will go down well. Portugal always would welcome him back club or country.

It's only a pipe dream because clubs and fans are impatient and any dip in performance is treated with the nuclear option. The Ferguson level of success might be fanciful for most, but it shouldn't be for big clubs with resources.

Clubs and fans a like can't demand longevity then throw in the towl when things get a bit rough

It's even more ludicrous if we go down the route of Ancelotti because we will have sacked our historically successful and supposed long term coach for a second time only to bring back another for a second stint. If you're going to have to re-enlist past coaches over and over then you might as well just stick with one of them.

It's a pipe dream because it's a rarity. You can't just want or wish someone to be capable of doing what Ferguson did.

Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan etc. all have booked succes for decades with a number of managers coming and going.

We sack him, Guardiola extend his contract with Bayern, Pellegrino leave City and they appoint Mourinho and we are fucked.

Big deal. After 2-3 seasons, he will be getting his P45 from City.

Mourinho seriously looks like a man in need of a sabbatical.

if he is to go....I hope the board offer only a 2 -3 year deal to a permenant replacement and only extend contracts in last year of a current one to a max of 2 years at a time.

Also I wonder if there is a case against Mourinho for a reduced severance due to bringing the club into disrepute etc etc

We sack him, Guardiola extend his contract with Bayern, Pellegrino leave City and they appoint Mourinho and we are fucked.

Good scenario.

Naive again. The top brass at City (Soriano, Begiristain etc) don't like or want Mourinho, the circus he creates or the football his teams' produce. The truth is after Mourinho's most recent meltdown, he's just not that much of an attractive option for Europe's elite.

As far as I'm concerned the board is the main culprit in this case. They let the Jose and the club down during the summer. Of-course he didn't help himself with being such a drama queen all the time but given the team was just a couple of signing away from greatness, the board's sin is much more unforgivable. They fucked us over with their complacency.

As for the next manager, as someone said earlier, anyone except, may be, Guardiola, will be a step down. Such a sad, sad situation we are in. :(

Imo he is the worst for that. With him £100 ms worth of young players will go down the drain. We talk about ake , solanke ect. But he simply won't play them.

Hi friend!

I totally agree with what you say about Jose and our policy of young players. In fact, I can not understand why Jose has not opted for some of our young players. That's being his big mistake.

Players like Ake (mainly) or Bamford could be in our first team. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek should be our main midfielder.

If Jose wants to change this situation, and have the support of the fans, he should bet more on young players and forget the "old school".

Even with bad results we would accept our situation in a better way if it means that we are building a Chelsea for the future.

Regards.

Perhaps , instead of offering the job to a 'big' name....they could offer it to an up and coming manager who has worked at big clubs and for big names but is now starting to make a name for himself.

Ladies and Gentleman...I give you not Brendan,

but

Paul Clement

;-)