The Mourinho Thread

This is all very depressing. Looks like Jose is out at the weekend regardless and so begins the managerial merry-go-round again for CFC. I am gutted, I wanted this to work so badly, and to last a long time. My dad's going to be super smug now because even when Jose came back he felt like it was going to end in tears again.

I'd agree with one poster above, I think the deal for the next interim (PLEASE NOT CAPELLO) is done and dusted. I'd wager it's Carlo Ancelotti, possibly Hiddink.

Hold onto your hats this is gonna be a fun week.

No, it's not the wrong point. You can't preach about selecting players on merit (which Mourinho has done a lot since returning) and then do the opposite by continuing to select certain players even when they are performing poorly. Considering Ivanovic has done fuck all this season, Baba Rahman can't possibly do any worse than him. Yes, the latter has been shaky but he hasn't cost us any goals as far as I can remember and on top of that, how do you expect Baba Rahman to improve if he doesn't get opportunities to impress and adapt to the physicality of English football? Regarding Fabregas, I do agree with you but till a certain extent. Our options aren't exactly great but you can always look for alternatives, tweak things a little bit in the team, try something different.

100% agree.

As for the bolded part, it isn't JM repertoire.

sacking jose would not instantly change our situation..IMO anyone other than Guardiola is a step down from mourinho..even if the new manager is appointed if he loses some matches people will be calling his head..i am sure everyone here have been through that..the board needs to decide the philosophy first...attacking football or defensive football,youth integration etc...Then should appoint the manager based on that philosophy...

https://twitter.com/chelstransfer/status/661135901460926464

This is an example of the BS the media is posting about the club.

If Jose is the problem for everything why would Costa and Hazard want to leave after he's gone?

perhaps in the clubs eyes....Mourinho isnt the problem for everything

For there is another way of looking at this debacle — although it won't have occurred to those secretly revelling in Mourinho's downfall. It's not him, it's them. It isn't Mourinho who is the obvious underperformer, but his team. Who has the true c.v. of substance here? Nemanja Matic, for instance, with his one fine season in English football, or Mourinho's eight national titles and three European trophies across four countries?

Sat in the Stamford Bridge stand, his Major League Soccer season at an end, was Frank Lampard. Now there was a player. He didn't just have one great year, or a good half-season, like Cesc Fabregas. Time after time, campaign after campaign, Lampard delivered for Chelsea. He must have viewed this shadow of a team with quiet despair.

Absolutely spot on ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

No 'emergency press conferences' (as some social media trolls have alluded to), just a simple statement put out via the official club website thanking him for his efforts, but talking about the 'regrettable' nature of recent results. Lunchtime on Sunday, given previous conduct.

So it is done. The decision is made. Barring some Lazarus-like resurrection, it is over. Fans, who bought into the idea that Mourinho's return would commence some golden era criminally cut short the first time, will find this incredibly difficult to accept. Such emotional baggage has been invested in the belief that this man was the panacea. At times, that belief has felt almost religious. And certainly defying logic or evidence.