The Mourinho Thread

post what you want I can't delete your posts

No you cant. Then again I dont just randomly post "Zolayes is a troll". Probably why I'm a mod and you're not.

You always look for a personal argument, now back on topic.

1. BT Sport footage of Mourinho and his staff was shown to a lip-reader, who believes JM said the following (via Mail)

CSw5SiJW4AA_qdj.png
    3 retweets4 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

bloody lip readers....just great...ask John Terry

To me its a total simplification, an unproven statement, and doing Mourinho a diservice in glibly stating 'he got rid'.

Most of these decisions are made by a team of several CFC staff especially Mr Emanalo. Mourinho would have some input, granted. Conversely, it is common knowledge, for instance, Jose was vehemently opposed to the selling of Cech. Who's to say he didnt feel similarly about one, or several of the players you've mentioned ?

I have to agree with the simplification. It's not like Mourinho has final say on transfers out of the club.

Also in reference to the examples used by Zolayes...KDB wanted to be a first-team player so he left, same with Bertrand, same with Lukaku.

I just wish we would sign quality players from within the EPL...rather than spending 25+ million on guys like Cuadrado, Pedro..

I have to agree with the simplification. It's not like Mourinho has final say on transfers out of the club.

Also in reference to the examples used by Zolayes...KDB wanted to be a first-team player so he left, same with Bertrand, same with Lukaku.

I just wish we would sign quality players from within the EPL...rather than spending 25+ million on guys like Cuadrado, Pedro..

Is KdB worse than Cesc or Ramires ,,, is Bertrand worse than baba ,, Is Lukaku worse than Falcao ???

Should Mou stay here long term, I literaly demand better football. Not total football, but watchable interesting balanced football. Where defenders defend; attackers attack and players play as team.

I love Mou for all he done for us, but seeing football from some other teams or ours from past and compare it to what we play for past three years under Mou (except for start of last season), I cant go by fact, how can we play so bad with all those players? Even if we get back on top, I sure hope we dont do that with more and more defensive displays. Sure those win trophies, but we go waay too defensive. Take look at barca, bayern etc. They won things but didnt park the bus in 90% of games.

Big big change of play. Not sure Mou can do that. Not sure who else can. We are in big big mess right now in football and non football releated things.

I agree with this 100%. Part of the reason we are even discussing Mourinho's future is the brand of football that he plays.

Is he a great manager? Of course

Is he a Chelsea legend? Again, of course.

But, the brand of football he employs is dreadful. The only thing that makes it acceptable is the trophy haul that comes in at the end of the season. If we're going to lose, can we please see some sexy football at least?

Also, I'm not sure that Ancelotti is the answer. I think he's class and I really like him. However, his attacking football only lasted for a little over a season. The reason Torres was brought in was because we couldn't score anymore and relied on set pieces and errors (sort of like now). That's how I remember it at least, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

The reality is that this team has been in decline for a long time now. We were fortunate to win the CL, and the squad needed an overhaul. We brought in Hazard and Oscar that summer. Next season, we didn't make it out of the group stages of the CL. Mourinho has come in and given the team a shot in the arm. 2nd, then champs, but we're kind of back to where we were headed before he got here.

In consideration of that, would another manager do better? I'm not sure. The only thing I know is that I'd like to be entertained for 2 hours every Saturday. Pragmatic football was entertaining only because it put us 1 step closer to the trophy every week. Without that, I'd like to see some of our world class attacking talent show us what they've got.

Is KdB worse than Cesc or Ramires ,,, is Bertrand worse than baba ,, Is Lukaku worse than Falcao ???

It's not about being worse than our current players.

if the player doesn't want to stay, what can you do?

It's not about being worse than our current players.

if the player doesn't want to stay, what can you do?

Those players just didn't want to leave. It is lack of foresight from our club and the manager. I bet KDB, Lukaku, Bertrand each one of them where highly talked about players and we failed to develop them and give them enough chances for them to prove their worth.

If that kind of players was played with Ferguson Van Gaal or even Wenger that man will stay on the bench and got kick out of the club in next market that the way they treat a kid that don't wanna play with them.

No matter how big star he is how important he was with that attitude

Club that proud of their history will never let that kind of player stay in the team.

If you unhappy with your manager go to him an ask for transfer request

Don't be a rat and ruin the club down because of you don't wanna play anymore

That the way of a man and professional do.

And any fans that agree with that rat ruining the club that the real fanboy not a club support.

Those players just didn't want to leave. It is lack of foresight from our club and the manager. I bet KDB, Lukaku, Bertrand each one of them where highly talked about players and we failed to develop them and give them enough chances for them to prove their worth.

All of them want to play in a regular first team squad every week

They don't want a chance to rotation they want to be in FIRST XI

This was from LUKAKU and BERTRAND

For KVB it's from jose and he can't guarantee that at that moment.

At that time we have A.Cole Roman fav Torres and Mata Lampard

Can we really guarantee the position for that 3 kids?

There are lots of examples of players who were moved on because of playing time, but, from a rational point of view, maybe they should have been kept.

Ibra left Barcelona, and he was proven world class talent at the time, but Guardiola and he didn't see eye to eye.

Could Man Utd use Pogba? He left on a free, and his next transfer fee will be close to 100M Euros.

I'd love to have De Bruyne, Bertrand, Salah, and Cuadrado right now, but these things happen. It's not just Jose. To be fair to him, those players don't exactly fit his play style. I wish our play style was different because those players are all tearing it up, but that's a different argument.

All of them want to play in a regular first team squad every week

They don't want a chance to rotation they want to be in FIRST XI

This was from LUKAKU and BERTRAND

For KVB it's from jose and he can't guarantee that at that moment.

At that time we have A.Cole Roman fav Torres and Mata Lampard

Can we really guarantee the position for that 3 kids?

Everyone would want starting 11 but that wasn't the actual problem. the real problem was they weren't even given chance as part of rotation policy to begin with and thats what lead them to believe that they wouldn't be given a starting 11 position. Lukaku I bet would have been happy had he been 2nd choice which wasn't really too much of asking since we had Ba , Torres, and I forget whom the third one was but out of those three Lukaku would have certainly been a much better player.

Also the players left because the club didn't go as much as to promise them spot in the rotation squad let alone starting 11. When a club doesn't keep faith in you there is little sense is staying back and going on loan to useless teams. If I recollect correctly everyone in here were saying that Lukaku at 19 could be the next Drogba( has pace, strength....). I am saddened to say that we get the best young gen players with promise and turn them into average players or normal players by sending them on loan spells like forever. Same with Lucas Piazon touted as the next Kaka, everyone here were so excited for him, he did show alot of promise in the youth team, couple of useless loan spells and now everyone here say that he is average at best. Josh Mcechran another youngster touted to be our next Lampard wasted, Kakuta,.. the list just goes on.

PS: personally I don't follow any of the young players in other leagues/clubs and its all what I gather from this forum.

Just a little confession. I understand the points made by many such as Styles and lionsden about how we are sacrificing many qualities, such as our style of play and youth integration in exhange for sentimentality, and most of the points they and others make are perfectly valid. We are not seeing any semblance of a footballing philosophy or too many young players breaking into the first team, but to me and I mean this strictly from a personal perspsective, qualities such as those are secondary when it comes to Chelsea.

Yes, given a choice, I would love for us to play the football with slick passing and plenty of possession as opposed to counter attack, as well as integrate the team with real potential such as De Bryune or RLC, but there are somethings that go beyond that. Soul. I don't come from England, and am not born a Chelsea fan, but I've become a fan by watching the best that Chelsea had to offer, from the quality of Zola, the exploits of Drogba, Lampard and Terry, the double with Carlo (who can forget the 103 goal season?), RDM and his CL win, the list goes on..its these memories that make me keep coming back for more.

If I just wanted to support a team or a club that had all the footballing qualities that almost eveyone desires from a team, then there are many other clubs that check those boxes.

Yes, in the end, football is a results business and sentimentality cannot come in the way for too long, and it won't in this case either. However Mourinho is a part of the history and those memories that I talked about earlier, and I'm hesitant to let it go on a whim.

If it were Branislav, it would work out fine to just dump the player and the manager.

Would be sad if the player were revealed and it were Cesc TBH because I think he can still be a great player under the correct manager. He wants to play quick-passing football, dynamic, attacking. Jose doesn't allow it to evolve.

The whole thing stinks. Thanks Jose M.

No future.

Not to be too pedantic about it, but Cesc and dynamism don't go too well together. But yes, there are certain systems where he would do very well. But we just don't have the players for such systems, imo.

I agree with your point of view. I was trying to say that once a player becomes frustrated at lack of opportunity, it's hard to convince them to stay

The manager should have handled the situation better through a proper rotation policy but he chose his favourites, and now we have no quality depth within the first-team squad :rant: