The Mourinho Thread

The Question is who do you bring in if you sack mourniho. Mouronho is one of the best managers tactically in the world yet this season we have been a farce. Personally i wouldn't sack him, as the players clearly need a rocket up thier arse. Also if he has "los the dressing room" which i doubt is anywhere close to the extent people will want you to believe, the bigger problem we have is players so up themselves they won't play their best because of a manager. And if thats the case we are deeply screwed whatever we do on the Mourinho front.

I don't think there deliberately sabotaging results, but if players are suffering emotionally, mentally or with relationships with colleges or anything it's not something that can be switched off, trust me i know that as much as anyone.

Indeed and relationships are like vases - once broken, they can be glued back together, but it is never the same and the cracks still exist :(

It's just so fucking sad and pathetic we have ended up here - that's my biggest annoyance!!!! Hasn't either party learnt anything?

The board were complacent. Simple as that really.

To be fair a little bit, while we all could see there are problems with this squad, no one would have expected us to be suffering this badly. Even if we're not challenging for the title, you would think we would at least be in the top half rather than the bottom half of the table right now.

This is such a defining week for our club. Its crazy how this season has gone and it seems to all come down to this weeks two games. If we beat Kiev and lose to Stoke is that enough? Not for me. And probably not enough for Roman and the higher ups.

I am not looking forward to watching either but I will because I will continue to support the team whoever the manager is, I expect the players to play with professionalism also.

Christ.

Indeed and relationships are like vases - once broken, they can be glued back together, but it is never the same and the cracks still exist :(

It's just so fucking sad and pathetic we have ended up here - that's my biggest annoyance!!!! Hasn't either party learnt anything?

Both wanted to try the long term route, but it hasn't worked out. I wouldn't even mind a 3rd spell for a couple of years before he retires, as much as I think its probably best for him to leave now, it would be a shame if Mous last ever action for Chelsea was this shit storm after everything we have achieved together.

If the 'getting stronger by the day' rumours of Hazard and his mates being the ones who would rather lose than win for the manager....... the sell them as soon as possible and use the funds to bring in your Pogba's, Griezmans or whoever is flavour of the month.

I like Mourinho ( but he annoys me sometimes especially this season) and he is not my favourite Chelsea manager, but all I have wanted for many years and I go back way before Abramovich is continuity.

A manager who we stick with win, lose or draw who is given time to develop the squad he inherits and bring youth through over several years ( which actually takes a bit of time ) plus not be under pressure to win either the PL or CL every year, and develops a good understanding with the board over potential transfers ( in and out)

With that, once that manager decides after a 5 -10 year legacy to retire/move to another club/ become international manager I would like one of the staff be promoted within having been groomed for the job.

It still works nowadays with some big clubs and in the past it was successful even in this country.

Mourinho and his current staff are the ones that are in place and in my eyes, if they were to be replaced we would be taking big steps backwards.

Would it bother me if we didnt win a thing and finished mid table.....certainly not.

Would it bother me if we spunked a load of money on a new manager and staff plus a shedload of new players to suit new manager.... yes, but its not my money.

Could we survive a year or more without CL football.....most probably, with the TV money, the huge recently signed sponsorship deals plus Abramovich and a bit of creative accounting...we are comfortable.

So, if there are players not wanting to win for Mourinho....then I dont care who they are, what their status is or how many......get rid as soon as possible.

If they stay and a new manager comes in....would they do the same if they get upset???

A player who would rather lose than win for ANY manager is letting the club and the fans down.

Some years I pay over 4k a season to watch this team home/away and around Europe and what hurts me more than any TV rant, sending off, penalty miss, etc etc etc is to hear about and/or see a player not trying or willing to lose rather than win. Its a massive let down and I dont care if relations between him and the manager aint great..............PLAY FOR US...the support...match going and worldwide tv.

At least when there was player power before, they still gave it all for the fans

Is Mourinho the right man??

The board should have thought about this 3 years ago whilst he was at Madrid and the sounded him out whilst Benitez was here .........but whatever they are thinking now whether its Mourinho or not, I hope they stick by the promise of building for the future and more continuity

I don't think there deliberately sabotaging results, but if players are suffering emotionally, mentally or with relationships with colleges or anything it's not something that can be switched off, trust me i know that as much as anyone.

The Cycling guruDave Berresford worked on the principle that tiny % improvements in a number of areas led to overall great improvements in performances and results .

His work tranfsormed British cycling from third rate to the Worlds best ... IMO the reverse principle also applies several small deteriorations leads to a major decline.

Lack of rotation causing burn and fatigue.

poor preaseason planning

lack of encouragement of young players

dreadful transfer window

I think as Peace said earlier the signs were there last year .. we are fans not professionals ,, But looking at the success of Southampton with their lack of resources

WHY did our Manager and management fail so badly .

I read an article in The Times I think talking of the lack of use of consultants in football .

It is true as well Jose chooses his assistants but they are hardly impartial . I wish we had someone like George Graham or even Souness acting in an advisory role

Rather than sack Mourinho, a better option to me, seeing as we all know his skills,would be a player clear out of the under performers.

Rebuild in January as much as possible with hungry players. I dont want to keep harking back to Ferguson, but it is relevant as almost everyone was saying we need continuity when we'd sacked about 8.

Ferguson was allowed to build 3 complete squads during his tenure. Players who joined wanted to give their best - because of the status of Ferguson, mainly because he was Man Utd personified, and that was because of his length of legendary service.Theres no reason if we get through this without a rash sacking

and avoiding the Stamford Bridge revolving door, why Mourinho cant become a similar talisman.

Agreed, but they are supposed to be professionals. If you have a problem with the manager, go tell him. If he doesn't listen, go tell the board, the owner, whatever. But if you compromise the club's result in order to make the manager leave, then you are a traitor and you should be expelled as soon as possible from any club, not only Chelsea FC. There's no man bigger than the club, and that includes those "sensitive" pricks.

and if the board, the owner, whatever don't listen? What do you do?

the managers responsible for laying down the foundations for our success in the last 10 years were Hoddle , Gullit and RANIERI,,,

I would bring Ranieri back with Hoddle as Director of Football and Gullit and Zola in charge of the Academy

please no i cant stand glenn hoddle

The Cycling guruDave Berresford worked on the principle that tiny % improvements in a number of areas led to overall great improvements in performances and results .

His work tranfsormed British cycling from third rate to the Worlds best ... IMO the reverse principle also applies several small deteriorations leads to a major decline.

Lack of rotation causing burn and fatigue.

poor preaseason planning

lack of encouragement of young players

dreadful transfer window

I think as Peace said earlier the signs were there last year .. we are fans not professionals ,, But looking at the success of Southampton with their lack of resources

WHY did our Manager and management fail so badly .

I read an article in The Times I think talking of the lack of use of consultants in football .

It is true as well Jose chooses his assistants but they are hardly impartial . I wish we had someone like George Graham or even Souness acting in an advisory role

Tbh I kind of like our system with the assistants, we usually have a club assistant and the manager chooses one for himself, which gives both parties a sense of stability when there's parting company.

And I may be alone but I didn't think there were that big signs of this last season, we just played the footy in the first half and got it done in the second, Fergie had many of these type of seasons in reverse, I never thought we wouldn't win whereas now we can have Bournemouth at home next up and I'd strongly fear defeat.

Rather than sack Mourinho, a better option to me, seeing as we all know his skills,would be a player clear out of the under performers.

Rebuild in January as much as possible with hungry players. I dont want to keep harking back to Ferguson, but it is relevant as almost everyone was saying we need continuity when we'd sacked about 8.

Ferguson was allowed to build 3 complete squads during his tenure. Players who joined wanted to give their best - because of the status of Ferguson, mainly because he was Man Utd personified, and that was because of his length of legendary service.Theres no reason if we get through this without a rash sacking

and avoiding the Stamford Bridge revolving door, why Mourinho cant become a similar talisman.

ferguson probably gave chances to the academy boys , and didn't play hoofball