The Mourinho Thread

2004-2007? ok, nothing to say... it a waste of time!

Why not? You said Klopp had 6 years before his team imploded completely, with Jose, you can consider the number of years he's been with the club and this is the first time we're in this kind of rut.

The ending of his first spell in 2008 wasn't as bad as people would like to think, Jose lost the board not the players.

But I do agree with notion that he has to be backed 100% or just immediately let go. He's achieved so much with us, I don't give a toss about the 30mil pay-off coming out of the club's pocket.

Why not? You said Klopp had 6 years before his team imploded completely, with Jose, you can consider the number of years he's been with the club and this is the first time we're in this kind of rut.

The ending of his first spell in 2008 wasn't as bad as people would like to think, Jose lost the board not the players.

But I do agree with notion that he has to be backed 100% or just immediately let go. He's achieved so much with us, I don't give a toss about the 30mil pay-off coming out of the club's pocket.

I agree with notion that he has to be backed 100% or just immediately let go. But i disagree with your speech about mou's time simply becouse his time is broken

It's simple. I'll use Borussia Monchegladbach example from Squawka tweet.

Gladbach in the Bundesliga under Lucien Favre this season: LLLLL

Gladbach in the Bundesliga under André Schubert this season: WWWWWW

And long term ? Calmness around the club, happiness in and around the squad, positive football, players not alienated, youth integration maybe ? Maybe we could even develop pattern of play and offensive organisation.

I wonder if Scubert can maintain this sucess at least for two years, Its fair to say that a change in manager can change our season to the better but even the next manager takes the job tommorow, the best scenario would be a top 4 finish, for me, I think its better to stick with Mourinho, and go for the title next year.About Hapiness & positive football, Mourinho will never give you that, he gives titles, but in return fans definetly should accept his mentality on and off the football pitch.

Also, thanks for the funny comments, its hard to smile in these times :)

We are not losing games just because of 'the referee or incidents or lack of concentration in crucial moments' as Jose keeps claiming. No, the reality is that our performance on the pitch is just awful. Yes, we do not deserve better than the relegation zone.

The problem started beginning of the year. It was not fixed. We were just lucky. We've bought a lot of medium quality players ... no one is on pitch. Like Liverpool, say 4 players for 20m£ each - real worth is around 10m£ - instead of buying one player 80 m£ or two players 40m£ each. Stupid strategy.

You guys really believe our team is one of the best in the PL? Be serious. Where are the leaders? We had in the past Terry, Lampard, and Drogba. They were real leaders. Terry is now just good to play in the MLS. The only one who is meeting my expectations is Willian. Who else?

And with a manager that is more interested in fighting the FA, blaming everyone except himself, it will never improve, not to say the disgrace for the club. Jose is a Calimero. What a lesson he was given by Klopp: 'I am the normal one'. Besides, why does he stick to 4-2-3-1? Why not playing Remy along with Costa?

Jose must go. Problem is: who can replace him right now?

Please expand on your point that he is ''one of us''. I'm not quite sure what he's said to earn that title with the exception of coming out with it in his first Press conference back here.

Well I can think if a few things.

he defends the club practically like a fan. People want to moan that he always says the wrong things for a professional manager but won't accept that it's synonymous with him wearing his heart on his sleeve - like a fan does. Carlo, AVB, RDM, Benitez and Hiddink wouldn't speak about the FA'S consistency. Regardless of how far you agree only a fool will turn his back on how Mourinho gets fined for one interview while Wenger gets away with worse. Fans appreciate a manager who speaks out.

every loss hits him like a fan. He's dejected, his face is the same as any blues fan after a defeat - your average manager simply takes it as a disappointing day.

out of all the clubs he had, he could never stop talking about us. People getting butthurt about one comment on Inter should imagine what they and Madrid fans felt like having our name mentioned as much as he did.

how many fans and managers have a relationship like most blues have with Jose? How many slap the club crest on their chest when they win? How many managers get teary when 40,000 chant his name on the first day of a season?

The list goes on. Its funny when doubters want to have a good discussion on the pros and cons on him staying, yet when the Yes camp turn they eye on the bad it seems the no camp are just as stubborn to turn there eyes from the good.

This is part of an article from a bloke called Janan Ganesh. He's wrote an autobiography about George Osbourne so he's probably a Tory so i automatically have no time for him. Anyway make your own minds up and please don't have a pop at me if you do or don't agree with it. This was before the Liverpool game.

And now Chelsea’s meltdown. It has no recent precedent in a major league and Mourinho’s reputation might fray with it. His wars with the world are increasingly hard to pass off as clever diversionary gambits. His impatience with flair players looks, for the first time, self-defeating: Kevin de Bruyne, whom he released in 2014, now lights up Manchester City as a £55m maestro.

If Chelsea recover — starting this weekend against Liverpool — Mourinho remains on a trajectory to all-time greatness, along with perhaps only Italy’s Carlo Ancelotti and the Spaniard Pep Guardiola of his generation. But if his tenure ends in another stink, his CV may take on a less flattering cast.

Is he a serial winner or a short-termist incapable of building things to last? Does he prize a team ethic or is he plain stumped by lone visionaries such as Hazard and de Bruyne? And these ­trophies — does he not win them with clubs that would be winning them ­anyway? These questions would have been impudent six months ago. ­Managers are always fighting for their jobs. Mourinho is fighting for his place in ­history