The Mourinho Thread

"Jose Mourinho's job at Chelsea 'not under threat'

Last Updated: 31/10/15 6:32pm

Jose Mourinho's position as Chelsea manager is not under immediate threat, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

Chelsea lost for the sixth time in 11 Premier League games, beaten 3-1 by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Despite the defeat, there are no talks, according to Sky sources, taking place within the club's hierarchy regarding the manager's future, and that the Portuguese is "planning as usual" for Wednesday's Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev."

That speaks loud about the current situation of the club. Mediocrity took over. Mourinho receiving a contract extention, when there was still 2 years left, because he won the PL, Pedro and Falcao as biggest signings of the summer transfer window, Mikel still starting a PL game for Chelsea and Terry+Cahill as CB partnership, all of those things are an indication the club is not thinking about big things anymore.

The club is set to follow the Arsenal pattern in the coming years, grabbing FA and League Cups in the process.

Chelsea's Portuguese coach, Jose Mourinho, said goodbye to the coaching staff immediately after the departure of the team from "Stamford Bridge". Chelsea Footballers dont know yet that their coach has resigned.

According To dailyfootballblog.com, interim Chelsea Manager may be former manager of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers.

http://chelseablues.ru/news/mourinju_poproshhalsja_s_trenerskim_shtabom/2015-10-31-24254

10 months? But why didn't the board help him to fix the issues in the summer?

The playes dropped in form and we had the same points as City on 1 January, but still this "bad" manager lead us to the double. I doubt any other manager could change things so quickly and still end the season with 2 trophies.

A EPL+COC double is still a double. Would not change anything on here though, the moaners will still moan.

I really admire you, always staying in this thread, no matter how disrespectful they get.

Top qualities, hope you can keep up the good work.

I'm still on the fence with Jose atm. Part of me is just like end this now before it gets even worse and then the the other part is Jose is prob the only guy that can save us lol.

I do feel for him with his dad being very ill, I do wonder why he aint been given time off to deal with it.

That's one thing I can't understand. Jose is the LAST man that can save us tbh. His methods have no effect on players. They're not SUPER, HIPER motivated anymore and actual tactic and quality is showed.

He would have to change 180° to make an impact on the team. Unless we're going to sign 5 top players ready to be super motivated for the next 2 seasons. That would work.

BTW I'm sure not the only one that thinks players are actually giving shit but simply playing with no clear idea ? Bar Hazard of course I see everyone putting effort. They defend, defend and then what ? Attack ? How, when, what exactly we should be doing ? They don't know what and how they should play, that's the biggest problem.

Today is a terribly sad day. This is a damn nightmare that seems to never going to end. Right now we have a mental block difficult to reverse. Today I am really sad, almost without knowing what to say.

IMO Jose is being mistaken with their approach on the pitch, but Jose is part of the problem, not our only problem. IMO our club is showing a sign of maturity by supporting Jose (or not saking him) because the small teams are accustomed to using a different manager each season after a crisis of results.

I wish Jose could forget the stupid press and he would return to be "The Special One" and return the mind that he had last season.

I know I'm not very objective about Jose, but I agree with Jose when he says that "we are at a crucial moment in our history." Look for another manager in the middle of the season can only worsen our situation.

Again, support Jose is a sign of maturity as a TOP club.

But Jose is highly wrong with their approaches.

1. We can not play with Mikel - Ramires in midfield because in this way is impossible to create football.

2. We have to play with more creative players. Jose has to find some way to improve the connection between our defense and our forwards.

3. Zouma is one of the centre-back with more future in the world and he can not play anymore as right-back because it is unnatural.

4. Jose must forget about the "old school" and bet on players who want to "conquer the world"

5. Ruben Loftus-Cheek should have more opportunities because maybe it is kind of players we need to inject new blood into our midfield. If RLC would be our main midfielder until the end of the season I'm sure that this would be our best decision in the entire season.

What worries me most is to see how Jose not seem to know how to handle this situation.

But Roman also has his share of guilt. Jose said we needed several signings last summer and we did not do any great signing. in January Roman must make several signings to not finish the season outside the Top 4, which would be a big blow to our project.

About the players IMO they are trying to solve our situation (as Jose or Roman) but they did not find a way to fix our mental block. But I have no doubt about the commitment of the players or Jose. Everyone can see our frustration on their faces.

All top teams in England have made huge investments in TOP players last summer due to the contract for the TV rights. We have the money to make a big investment in January and start signing players to change our situation.

IMO to change our situation we need some changes.

Betting on creative players on our midfield to connect our defense and our attack because right now we are a broken team.

2. Ruben Loftus-Cheek as our main midfielder. We need new blood in our midfield with someone who wants to conquer the world. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the guy.

3. Recover Matic players like (he was the best defensive midfielder in the world last season) or Hazard.

4. Make a revolution in our starting eleven with players like Baba - RLC - Oscar (although he is a failure ...) - Pedro Rodriguez .... because we need new faces.

5. Someone (Jose) should talk to Diego Costa for him to forget the role of "bad guy" and that Diego turns his focus on football. Only on football.

6. Start making our wish list for the January transfer market with players like.

A. Right-Back. Fabinho (Monaco).

B. Centre Back (one). 1. John Stones (Everton). 2. Americ Laporte (Athletic Club).

C. A total midfielder. William Carvalho (Sporting Clube de Portugal).

D. creative midfielders (at least two). 1. Gundogan (Borussia Dortmund). 2. Bernardo Silva (Monaco).

E. A TOP PLAYER. Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund).

F. A forward.

As I always say, I do not say that we have to sign all these players, but IMO they should be the backbone of our wish list for the January transfer market.

Or we react fast or the season will be very long.

chelseaheart.gif

Regards to ALL.

I really need someone here to explain me what are the positives if José resigns, short and long term ones, because I feel that the poll should be just 'José IN', but I dont know, can someone change my mind ?

The big negative is that player power returns to the club.

Ever since that Newcastle game, I've thought to myself "Anything but a win here and Mourinho will definitely be gone" before every single match. Weeks later, I'm in awe as to how he has managed not to get sacked after all those results. It's amazing, really. Including that game in Newcastle we've won just 1(!) out of our last 8 games.