The Mourinho Thread

You can't seriously be comparing City dropping to 3rd with us sitting 15th in the table in November! Moyes' united came close but we've managed to out do them. There's no two ways about it, we're in phenomenally deep shit! I'm sorry, but it's pure denial if we don't realize that.

Yes we are 15th but a couple of wins & we are in the top 10, 9 points off 4th place is nothing at this stage.

I was stating that their poor run cost them the title & despite loud noises coming from various outlets their board backed their manager & didn't go trigger happy, the facts speak for themselves that City's board have given Pelligrino a massive boost by splashing the cash.....again, what did José get this summer bar a one out one in policy & a couple of 2m signings that he didn't want & lets not forget they also had the brainwave of letting Cech go to a rival against his better judgement, so a world of difference for the 2 managers.

Its kin well October not April, things can change very quickly & there is time for that to happen & if it does there is going to be a lot of red faces on here, if it doesn't then I pressume sooner rather than later the detractors on here will get their wish......

Yes we are 15th but a couple of wins & we are in the top 10, 9 points off 4th place is nothing at this stage.

I was stating that their poor run cost them the title & despite loud noises coming from various outlets their board backed their manager & didn't go trigger happy, the facts speak for themselves that City's board have given Pelligrino a massive boost by splashing the cash.....again, what did José get this summer bar a one out one in policy & a couple of 2m signings that he didn't want & lets not forget they also had the brainwave of letting Cech go to a rival against his better judgement, so a world of difference for the 2 managers.

Its kin well October not April, things can change very quickly & there is time for that to happen & if it does there is going to be a lot of red faces on here, if it doesn't then I pressume sooner rather than later the detractors on here will get their wish......

The thing is it is 3 months and the 'run' shows no sign of stopping. When do we call it a day? when we are 30 points off 4th place going into New Year? Even if we go on a run of 10 straight wins now until New Year we will only be there and there about the 4th place by then, now that is talking about a perfect run which is improbable as it stands.

The thing is it is 3 months and the 'run' shows no sign of stopping. When do we call it a day? when we are 30 points off 4th place going into New Year? Even if we go on a run of 10 straight wins now until New Year we will only be there and there about the 4th place by then, now that is talking about a perfect run which is improbable as it stands.

Actually fella, IMHO we have been playing better recently, nothing like where we should be but an improvement, lady luck is certainly not on our side, stonewall pens against Porto & Kiev should of left us with a far easier task of qualifying in the CL, pundits were saying we were the better side against West Ham despite having 10 men & Butland was the man of the match for Stoke the other night, it ain't much but there is s glimmer of hope that the players are starting to find their feet.

How long do we wait? Well I can't answer that - Roman will! I've already said that I couldn't care less if we have a bad season or not - it was bound to happen at some stage, sometimes you have to go backwards before going forwards so I hope this is the case for us in the future.

It's not just where we are, but that we completely deserve to be there. Yes if we can put together 3-4 consecutive wins the situation would look differently, but as I said to Tomo, there has been absolutely no sign of that and that is the main problem.

Also, it's pretty easy to put all the positives on Jose and all the negatives on the board, but remember that Jose did 'splash' on Cuadrado and Pedro and the board was willing to 'splash' big time on Stones. Also it was Jose who did not want to go for a desperately needed fullback (in addition to Baba) and insisted on Falcao; both of those are biting us in the ass right now.

You've just said it yourself 'our form was just too good' you see all too quickly forgotten isn't it? Its transparent that we are in a rut but let's just throw José to the lions cus its all his fault, not the players nor the board......

Now I'm not going to go and Google Citys poor run but I know they lost to Burnley in that poor spell & deservedly so but whatever, that loss of form lost them the title, no? They then recovered after said poor spell & managed to get second - some patience from their board & fans unlike some on here, so with 28 kin well games left why is it impossible in so many peoples thinking that we won't turn it around?

But we have been poor. City during this stage last season had some convincing results. They were not shambolic like we have been right now. We would do very well to get anywhere near the points City accumulated last season.

so why answer ??? obviously you do.

Anyway what did you think of the presser today?

Handled them well I thought

if games could be won in pressers... we would undoubtedly be the best in the world. fortunately games are played as well as won on the field.

You can't seriously be comparing City dropping to 3rd with us sitting 15th in the table in November! Moyes' united came close but we've managed to out do them. There's no two ways about it, we're in phenomenally deep shit! I'm sorry, but it's pure denial if we don't realize that.

least moyes had more of a excuse,being out of depth sorta thing.this who knows what's going on.no spark n forgot how to play it seems

It's not just where we are, but that we completely deserve to be there. Yes if we can put together 3-4 consecutive wins the situation would look differently, but as I said to Tomo, there has been absolutely no sign of that and that is the main problem.

Also, it's pretty easy to put all the positives on Jose and all the negatives on the board, but remember that Jose did 'splash' on Cuadrado and Pedro and the board was willing to 'splash' big time on Stones. Also it was Jose who did not want to go for a desperately needed fullback (in addition to Baba) and insisted on Falcao; both of those are biting us in the ass right now.

Not sure if they are positives just stating a defence that gets very easy over looked.

Cuadrado was bought last season (Pedro a like for like replacement) reports today are suggesting Emanelo is now under pressure cus Cuadrado along with Baba & a few others were his choices & could face the axe over his poor recruitment. When you compare our activities to City who despite having a very strong squad went out & splashed serious money on strengthening it, then its easy to see why Jose has the hump!

As for Stones, yes agreed but how late did they leave it before declaring their interest, unlike last season when the board were brilliant in their transfer dealings - done & dusted by July.

No idea on Falcao but I concur with you about a full back, trust me, just because I'm playing devils advocate doesn't mean I haven't been critical of Jose this season however having supported the club for 25 years when were shite it will take much more than a current poor spell for me to throw Jose under his bus!

But we have been poor. City during this stage last season had some convincing results. They were not shambolic like we have been right now. We would do very well to get anywhere near the points City accumulated last season.

I haven't said we haven't been poor - it would be extremely arrogant of me to say otherwise, however there are some fundamental reasons why it's not all José fault & I've stated those already. As Tomo has rightly pointed out their run wasn't as bad but because their poor run of results wasn't at the start of the season it wasn't seized on by the media & secondly as I already said their manager was given the time to get them playing again - perhaps if their board were hasty at the time & made a change to their managerial position then who knows they might not of remained in the top four?

if games could be won in pressers... we would undoubtedly be the best in the world. fortunately games are played as well as won on the field.

disagree actually...because normally a load of negative stuff gets reported from them.

It was decent and straightforward today bar a couple of poor attempts by journo's to get Mourinho to say something controversial.

Injuries update

Costa and Pedro latest

Ramires contract

A bit about Jurgen Klopp, liverpool and Man Utd

and club not received anything ref Eva.

nice and simple and straight to the point