test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

I will say, one thing he said there must be true. That last season these same players must have just played out of their minds and WAY beyond their actual level. That's the only explanation to this season.

Same players, same manager, same formation, same tactics that breezed the league. That can't be down to the manager alone. The majority of the blame is still on the players in my eyes but José has done his damnedest to fuel the flames and cause unneeded friction. When it's clearly not working he just hasn't done anything about it.

Think the players are demonstrating on the pitch that they're tried of his abrasive personality and rudimentary tactics.

zolayes and bellion like this

But is he wrong though? It might harsh but it's certainly true. Beyond Terry, how many of them actually care playing for the club, for the fans? Heck, how many actually even care to play for their pride and personal ambition? Compare the players and leaders we had in the previous squad to the one we have now. So many look like they can't be bothered to play these days.

I feel sorry future Barca teams. Can you imagine their fans comparing the future teams with Barca of 2005 - 2020 (something like that) Barca? I can imagine words like leadership and love for the club popping up quite a few times.

Comparisons are futile in the end. But they are stealing a living right now, yeah.

Is there anyone out there that still thinks that he is going to bring Chelsea out of this and lead us on to greater things?

Apart from the Board ;)

Starman60 likes this

the people on here who recognised things were wrong ,, stood up to be counted .. they got a great deal of abuse on here ,, none more than Didier and lionsden

standing up and expressing unpopular views is NOT being a " kid " as you so insultingly term it . If you don't have proms why use the term .. you do have a cute av tho

Because I know what proms about? Look man, all I am saying is that we could use a little bit more positivity around here since the club is in a real mess and we are all down in the dumps. I don't agree with Barbara that the moaners need to be banned (if she did say it, I don't know) either. Expressing unpopular views is a-okay, but it does get a bit tiring after repetitive comments. I want to complain as well but I rather just step off the screen and get on with life. Anyway it doesn't matter, not trying to get into an arguments or offend people. What I know is that we are in a terrible position and the club needs to start taking action.

Peace.

DYC. and Kieran. like this

I still think he's here until the summer

The season is gone

Let's just scrap to 38 points (will be enough this season) to avoid relegation and see what the summer brings!

I still think if it was going to happen it would have happened by now...

bellion and Fernando like this

But is he wrong though? It might harsh but it's certainly true. Beyond Terry, how many of them actually care playing for the club, for the fans? Heck, how many actually even care to play for their pride and personal ambition? Compare the players and leaders we had in the previous squad to the one we have now. So many look like they can't be bothered to play these days.

You think the City or PSG players care about the fans or the club or whatever? No they don't but they'd still put five past us because they play better football

Running three times as fast and having 'heart' can't overcome shit tactics.

who still back his judgement after getting rid of Bertrand Lukaku Kdb Salah Schurrle ,, none fitted "his eye" or his ego . there are others still at the club and even

in the squad

There is only four players in this squad with a true winners mentality.

One has just got back from injury, one is in his twilight years, one is having trouble adapting to the league but is getting better lately and one is in the worst form of his career.

You think the City or PSG players care about the fans or the club or whatever? No they don't but they'd still put five past us because they play better football

Running three times as fast and having 'heart' can't overcome shit tactics.

You can talk about modern day fans for all you want but at the end of the day, ask any fan out there and he or she will tell that the least they want to see week in week out is commitment, desire and fight for the club. The team won't always win and/or perform well and that's fine but that's the least people want to see. The problem with us right now is that the players aren't showing those in the matches. They are just drifting through games and hoping for something to happen.

nullabletype, bellion and Jambo like this

What a disgraceful performance from a set of players who performed the way they did against Porto. Absolutely zero motivation in the way they played largely thanks to no chance of us not winning the league. Never been this ashamed.

But is he wrong? Yes, Mourinho has his faults and deserved to be criticized for them. People can hate him for all they want but one thing people can't deny is that he's emotionally attached to the club. How many players out there we can say feel the same way for the club, for us fans? Never mind Mourinho, how many feels the same as Terry does for us all? You can practically count on one hand the number of players who have actually shown the willingness to dig and fight for a result. And on the larger point, how many of them are even playing for their personal ambition and pride? Even when the likes of Lampard, Drogba etc had issues with managers and didn't like them in the past, they still showed the desire, commitment for the club. Can we say the same for the current group of players? It's like they all can't be bothered anymore and are just trying to get the manager sacked. If that's how they are going to behave, then this won't be like the last time we see our players dictate the manager's fate at the club.

Hummm, if I remeber Lampard and Drogba have been accused in the past of being just trying to get the manager sacked. Love is important but won't make you win matches, Terry has been an awful CB this season.

What Mourinho wanted with that quote was just try to change the focus from his terrible job this season to "lack of passion and commitment from players"

This whole caring thing is so arbitrary. How do you gauge levels of care? I respect the players, I believe every single one of them is professional and does their job to the best of their ability.

It no surprise that the fraud boils everything down to something so arbitrary. This is the way he thinks.

Peace., Henrique and bethos1 like this

But is he wrong? Yes, Mourinho has his faults and deserved to be criticized for them. People can hate him for all they want but one thing people can't deny is that he's emotionally attached to the club. How many players out there we can say feel the same way for the club, for us fans? Never mind Mourinho, how many feels the same as Terry does for us all? You can practically count on one hand the number of players who have actually shown the willingness to dig and fight for a result. And on the larger point, how many of them are even playing for their personal ambition and pride? Even when the likes of Lampard, Drogba etc had issues with managers and didn't like them in the past, they still showed the desire, commitment for the club. Can we say the same for the current group of players? It's like they all can't be bothered anymore and are just trying to get the manager sacked. If that's how they are going to behave, then this won't be like the last time we see our players dictate the manager's fate at the club.

I was working tonight on a property. They each earned tonight enough to buy a nice detached house, all multimillionaires, yet couldnt be bothered to applaud the fans that travelled all that way. Half arent fit to wear the shirt and can fuck the fuck off if they keep that attitude up.

Reddish-Blue, Jambo and hjperdeath like this