The Mourinho Thread

Or any past interim managers. And we are not talking about stability, don't change the subject. You claimed that an interim manager is going to "damage" us and won't make our current problems disappear, when in the past, this never happened to us. You're just predicting it, which far I'm concerned it's no better than a bet.

how is that changing the subject? that is one of the reason why it will do more damage to us because of the lack if stability!

anyone who would want to be an Interim Manager at Chelsea will only be doing it to enhance their CV! they would probably go all out for the FA Cup, to make them look good and not care about what them leave the next manager with!

keeping Jose is the best thing for us in the long term!

Just get him out

We're 15th in the table - playing atrocious football

The January transfer thread is hilarious - what player in their right fucking mind would come here with no CL football and to play for a team as shit as ours currently is.

The manager is losing the plot every 5 minutes

People need to wake up and smell the coffee - all this romantic bollocks that Jose is one of us blah blah is reserved exclusively for children's magazines - it counts for fuck all on the pitch

His refusal to integrate youth is yet another continual problem.

You might all be happy to sit around whilsy this guy destroys our club - because he's the special one - but I'm not - I want him gone now and literally any half decent manager to come in and take over as an interim

I don't give a fuck if it costs £30 million to kick him out - that's cheap compared to the long term damage

History has happened - he did well - but football is volatile like the stock market - past performance is no indication of future performance and he has run his course.

We are an absolute laughing stock

I am glad our board is not as emotional and unstable as you!

OMG people are still defending Jose's youth integration

My God it's indefensible - HE DOES NOT INTEGRATE YOUTH

The guy is just full of shit

As for stability - yeah stable at the bottom of the table - no thanks!!!

He is NOT a long term manager a two season wonder and then get rid of him.

He cannot build a legacy - he's not a good enough manager, short termist approach only.

Get rid ASAP

is there a doctor in the house....this guy is having a seizure/ cardiac arrest and memory loss

OMG people are still defending Jose's youth integration

My God it's indefensible - HE DOES NOT INTEGRATE YOUTH

The guy is just full of shit

As for stability - yeah stable at the bottom of the table - no thanks!!!

He is NOT a long term manager a two season wonder and then get rid of him.

He cannot build a legacy - he's not a good enough manager, short termist approach only.

Get rid ASAP

stable at the bottom of the table??? sorry but last time i checked there was 28 games to play and 84 points still up for grabs, if you think we will finish bottom half then its you who needs to get a grip!

2 season wonder??? is that why in his 3rd season at Chelsea in his first spell he won us the League Cup, FA, Cup and was a penalty shoot out away from a CL Final. Yeah such a 2 season wonder. :rolleyes:

Stability can be seen in a number of ways. Stability can be seen as Arsene Wenger. Stability can be seen us getting relegated because we are keeping Mourinho as he is losing the plot.

The introduction of youth is very VERY little here. Let's be honest. The reason why we are seeing Baba more lately is because Ivanovic is injured. If he wasn't, Baba will have NO game time. And where was RLC against Stoke? Because we are out of the COC, we'll be seeing Kenedy and Traore much much less because Jose won't "risk" them as we are 11 points or so behind the leaders.

you still don't get it do you.

Bringing in new or interim manager would set our youth policy back years just as this season and the next couple of years we could at last be onto something special with them.

Integrating youth into a trophy winning side takes time and stability.

Even Wenger struggles with it nowadays ...result the other night with 4 youngsters.

With regards to ages of players ....we have quite a young team out some matches anyway.

What we going to do? replace a 22-24 year old with a 18/20 year old?

We know that players like JT, Ivan etc etc are possibly coming to the end of their Chelsea careers and they go down as natural wastage to be replaced.

But I bet if we move on players (and thats any player) posters like you will be shouting from the rooftops asking for stellar signings...then a few weeks later complain about integrating youth.

Its about balance and the slow approach Mourinho has with the young uns is ok by giving one or two at a time a sniff of the action.

I don't think so. Not if that youth player has potential. RLC is gold, he won't be ignored especially when our first team players are below average. Mourinho has favourites, the interim does not. That's why Fabregas is an untouchable regardless even if he sits on the pitch like a lemon.

"Trophy winning side..." We are NOT a trophy winning side now. We are a relegation side. He has to change it up! And no, criticising the players to the media isn't the best way. Blaming on everything but himself isn't the best way.

This is the perfect time to integrate youth because we aren't winning, and he's not even doing that properly. Plays RLC for 50 minutes, and he is never seen again until like 10 matches later.

And about stellar signings, that all depends. If we are keeping Mourinho, certainly because he doesn't trust the youth enough. Anybody else that isnt Mourinho, personally it has be a world-class player and not a potential one for me to start singing (and that's if we are not replacing an already good youth player).

Since when are we not a trophy winning side?????

When I last looked we were still in 3 competitions and won a couple in the last 12 months.

Ref RLC...he is having the odd chance...playing well sometimes, playing naively at other times.

You are now going round in circles and clutching at straws ref a new or interim manager and not even making sense.

So I think we had better agree to disagree and leave it that

Making a youth argument for keeping Mourinho?

That is hilarious

Its not just about Mourinho...its about stability at any major trophy winning club.

I give you Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB, RDM, Benitez as reasons why the youth academy blueprint that was developed and planned by Mourinho, Brendan Rogers and the other staff with funding from Roman hasnt developed into a steady stream into 1st team action.

At last the club are onto something special with a few of them and it needs one manager to stay put for several years to see that through.

Its not just about Mourinho...its about stability at any major trophy winning club.

I give you Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB, RDM, Benitez as reasons why the youth academy blueprint that was developed and planned by Mourinho, Brendan Rogers and the other staff with funding from Roman hasnt developed into a steady stream into 1st team action.

At last the club are onto something special with a few of them and it needs one manager to stay put for several years to see that through.

This.

Although it would be nice to see José give some more trust to the kids. I'm particularly frustrated with him about Rlc. His run of first team football lasted only 45 minutes, should get more than that.

The Spanish press is obsessed with Jose Mourinho. They can not live without talking about Jose.

I would love to see us winning Champions League at the end of the season and see how Real Madrid fans (the worst in the world) supplicate to see Jose with them again.
I know that now everything around Jose looks like a shit, but if anyone deserves our trust that man is Jose.

LOL guys you should check out the video in that article. It's about Klopp v Mourinho. One Loserpool pundit was speaking bullocks and got called out on it in the end. :lol:

That's hardly a surprise. All their pundits except Marcotti, Honigstein, Lowe etc are BS.

This.

Although it would be nice to see José give some more trust to the kids. I'm particularly frustrated with him about Rlc. His run of first team football lasted only 45 minutes, should get more than that.

yup...but he did get starts v Maccabi and Walsall.

Not sure what his best position is yet....lets hope Mourinho sees enough of him to develop into a Yaya Toure type where he can excel as a DM or a number 10.

yup...but he did get starts v Maccabi and Walsall.

Not sure what his best position is yet....lets hope Mourinho sees enough of him to develop into a Yaya Toure type where he can excel as a DM or a number 10.

Or maybe just a sheer natural central midfielder? He's shown all the qualities to be a perfect midfielder for the future, (Number 8 esq) and a 4-2-3-1 isn't going to help him develop into a position that is natural for him.

4-3-3 is what we should be looking for.

Dear Roman,

Please accept my apologies if addressing you as Roman instead of Mr Abramovich seems a bit too familiar but I’m not alone in considering you as one of us, one of the Chelsea FC family.

I’m writing this letter in an open format in the hope that you will be made aware of it and the respect that you command amongst the millions of fans of OUR club.

I am not an astute businessman. I am not a successful entrepreneur. I am however like you, a fan. I am one of the millions that are affected by your decisions, not so much financially, but emotionally, we are equal.

When we lose we both hurt. We both rage at perceived injustices against OUR club. We both celebrate wildly when we win. The mood of both our families is affected by the results of the previous 90 minutes OUR players have achieved on the pitch.

I know we are not alone in these emotions, and there is another person who shares our pain and happiness just as much as us, and that person is Jose Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho, your employee, your manager is very much like us. He “gets” Chelsea FC, he understands us, he loves us, indeed as he has declared, he is one of us.

Sky launches retro arcade-inspired Box Set game

Sky invites you to chomp through Box Set after Box Set to celebrate that every episode ever of their biggest shows are now available.

Promoted by Sky Box Sets

In this era football is of course a business.

In days gone by it didn’t matter if a team went through a slump in form. It didn’t matter if a club was trophy-less for a season because the financial demands weren’t as great. These days it has all changed. Money demands success, success brings more money, more money demands even more success, and the so the vicious circle continues.

In the midst of this vicious circle there is one commodity that all too frequently gets overlooked: loyalty.

Loyalty (as I’m sure you are all too aware) is a rarity in football. Loyalty to the club, loyalty to the owner’s principles, and loyalty to the fans.

In business it is similar, but with one major difference when it comes to the elite performers. If a top trader starts making some bad decisions after years of success, successful businesses make allowances, whether it be with a leave of absence so that the star can recharge their batteries, or by offering emotional support. In short, an elite performer will be supported, not sacked.

In the above scenario I am of course referring to Jose Mourinho.

Jose IS Chelsea FC’s elite performer when it comes to managers. The stats alone support this with an impressive seven trophies in five and a half years of combined service.

During Jose’s absence:

The other eight managers achieved six trophies in five and a half years.

OUR club became known as the rich managers graveyard for five and a half years.

OUR club became known as a place for managers to earn quick mega money, and with the players at their disposal, potentially boost their personal CV.

OUR club became a laughing stock when we even had to hire the loathsome interim manager Rafa Benitez. Benitez, the man who hated Chelsea FC, took your money and used OUR players, and OUR club as a stepping stone to what he considered a bigger and better job.

THAT HURT.

As a fan that must have hurt you too. As a business owner you did what had to be done in the short term to achieve the long term goal of success.

Everyone makes mistakes, it’s what defines us as human beings. Without mistakes we wouldn’t appreciate the good things we do achieve.

I’m sure that Chelsea FC’s transfer targets during this close season weren’t what we ended up with.

I’m sure that nobody at Chelsea FC envisaged the scenario where at least two of our top performing players from last season would be allowed to start this season overweight and unfit.

There’s no doubt that Jose has made mistakes and I’m sure in private Jose admits those mistakes, as we all do. Let’s face it, none of us go shouting from the rooftops about them, but successful people reflect in private and learn from those very mistakes.

Jose Mourinho is a successful manager.

Passionate? Yes.

Contentious? Yes.

Outspoken? Yes.

Annoying? Yes.

However, above all else I have seen the effect that Jose Mourinho has on us as fans.

He unites us.

What other club could take thousands of fans on a wet Tuesday night to Stoke City after the poor start that we have endured to the season? What other club’s fans would respond to the team going a goal down by chanting their manager’s name continuously in a show of support? What other club’s fans would applaud their team and manager off the pitch after yet another disappointing defeat?

That is the Jose effect.

Chelsea FC are extremely privileged to be in the position of having you as a passionate owner, Jose as a passionate manager, and John Terry as a passionate captain. I cannot think of any other club in the world where the 3 people fans mostly connect with are all so equally passionate about their club.

Surely it makes excellent business and footballing sense to ensure that the three most successful people in the history of OUR club stay strong and loyal to each other and ride out this “perfect storm” that we are temporarily going through.

I will end this with a reminder of how just 5 months ago we all celebrated together on the streets of West London with a couple of pictures I took at the time.

Fans at Eel Brook Common

Champions

Scenes like this will come again. The millions of Chelsea FC fans worldwide believe that, we know that you believe it too, and pray that you believe Jose Mourinho is still the right man to achieve the success we all so desperately crave.

Yours Sincerely on behalf of the world wide Chelsea Family,

Lee Fraser.

Sits back...gets the popcorn out and watch them crawl out from under their rocks to slate the article

Or maybe just a sheer natural central midfielder? He's shown all the qualities to be a perfect midfielder for the future, (Number 8 esq) and a 4-2-3-1 isn't going to help him develop into a position that is natural for him.

4-3-3 is what we should be looking for.

with you.....my only issue is that is he the one or is he ready to have a system and team built around him?

England u21 think he is special and I hope Mourinho thinks so too....but of course we have others fighting to be the same. Mourinho ( if he stays) will have to make a tough choice with RLC by the end of the season. Lets hope its one where he can be the future of Chelsea and possibly future captain