The Mourinho Thread

Without getting into the second half of last season where we all know things were, shall we say, different from the first half, I think the beginning of this season was simply a snowball effect. There have been mistakes, poor decisions, bad performances, bad luck, and the momentum just made the problems bigger and bigger with every passing week. It's hard to stop momentum. To carry the snowball metaphor forward, there are two ways to stop that snowball, either it hits a brick wall, or it slowly runs out of snow. Hitting that brick wall could cause irreparable damage to the wall and it's foundations, or the wall could stand strong and have no ill effects. That brick wall is firing our manager. Could be good, could be bad, no guarantees. Letting that snowball roll and eventually run out of snow is a slower process. We can't expect a season that's been downright terrible to magically turn around. With all the issues piling on top of eachother, there are a whole bunch of layers of crap to peel off one by one before this thing gets turned around. I think of myself as a positive guy, some might even say naive, but I've been watching these last few games with a hopeful eye looking for positives. If you want to see positives, they are there to see. But if you are looking for negatives, you'll find them too. I prefer to see the snowball gradually slowing down and getting smaller. For anyone who wants to see it, this club is rallying around eachother and getting ready for a positive turn. Be part of the positivity and enjoy supporting this club. The members here will have no say whatsoever with what happens on the field, but we completely influence the mood here. We all get frustrated and we all want what's best for the club, but coming here and being grumpy 24/7 doesn't help anyone. If anything we should be able to come here and be happy for having a great group of people going through the same emotions and same difficulties as we are and help support eachother through this time. I choose to see this whole thing as turning around slowly but surely with Mourinho at the helm instead of barrelling down that mountain towards the point of no return.

2ptch1e.jpg

Whoever succeded in making this a legitimate rumour deserves a promotion.

Right now at this current state, we shouldn't be going for managers without PL experience. The English league is such a hard league to adapt to and with our current state, it's even worse. This is why I disagree with getting Simeone, Pep or any other non PL managers. Just look at Klopp for example, he is struggling already at Liverpool. But if this was the start of the season, I wouldn't have an issue of getting a manager from a foreign league.

Slutsky, on the other hand, is a very talented underrated manager. He has gotten the small club of CSKA to Quarters of CL twice, won CSKA the title many times with a squad not even worth the amount Hulk was bought for. Plus, he made Russia qualify for Euro 2016 from a very bad state Capello left them. With this being said, I wouldn't want someone with no PL experience at this moment of time. Though, I would like to see Slutsky in the PL one day.

Right now at this current state, we shouldn't be going for managers without PL experience. The English league is such a hard league to adapt to and with our current state, it's even worse. This is why I disagree with getting Simeone, Pep or any other non PL managers. Just look at Klopp for example, he is struggling already at Liverpool. But if this was the start of the season, I wouldn't have an issue of getting a manager from a foreign league.

Slutsky, on the other hand, is a very talented underrated manager. He has gotten the small club of CSKA to Quarters of CL twice, won CSKA the title many times with a squad not even worth the amount Hulk was bought for. Plus, he made Russia qualify for Euro 2016 from a very bad state Capello left them. With this being said, I wouldn't want someone with no PL experience at this moment of time. Though, I would like to see Slutsky in the PL one day.

what style do his teams play?

Kenedy, Traore, Baba, Zouma RB, Mikel, Remy.... hardly first 11.

Kenedy, Traore, Remy haven't even started? Zouma was RB at our last PL game so yes he is first 11 since Ivanovic is injured. Mikel started because Matic was suspended. Only Baba than .. one change and our best performer was dropped (Azpi) :)

Kenedy, Traore, Remy haven't even started? Zouma was RB at our last PL game so yes he is first 11 since Ivanovic is injured. Mikel started because Matic was suspended. Only Baba than .. one change and our best performer was dropped (Azpi) :)

Okay, if we are going merely by starting XI, then yes, only regulars Azpi and Fabregas were rested (not dropped as in punished). But for a big chunk of the game we played with what you can call a B-team, we finished with them and it almost paid off. When two premier league teams meet each other, it is a myth that everyone except Chelsea uses fringe and young players. For example Arsenal played against Sheffield Wed with only 4 non-regulars (some of em possibly playing due to injuries knowing arsenal) and still got shafted bad. We played Stoke at the Britannia and almost made it, Jose did good with team selection from what he had to select from.

Definitely think there would be backlash towards Roman if he sacks him again. Mostly because whoever got appointed afterwards would be a step down.

If it were the end of the season and Guardiola was appointed straight away I think everyone would accept it.

5000 fans were chanting his name last night and he is in heart of milions Chelsea fans around the world(except 50-100 here) + he is the best manager in this club