The Mourinho Thread

So, I read that The Times have claimed that Mourinho is one "big" loss away from the sack. The idea from what I understand is to have a temporary manager until summer (the names I have heard are Hiddink and Ancelotti, although I cant see Carlo accepting such an offer for several reasons), and then get another one for the new season.

Im not sure whether it is Times or a less reliable source, but I read that the main candidates are Pep Guardiola and Diego Simeone.

How would people here feel about those two names? Guardiola has an excellent track record,but both his teams were already very, very good before him. I would personally prefer Simeone, I think he has the perfect combination of tactical knowledge and leadership skills that would ensure him success. He signed a new contract with Atletico recently, so I cant see him being cheap though. Sacking Mou and hiring Simeone could be an extremely expensive affair, but surely Chelsea were smart enough to include some kind of "minimum performance" clause in Mou's contract?

Barcelona weren't that good when Pep took over. In fact, they were in a similar position to us (squad quality size).

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/terrace-talk-chelsea--its-not-paranoia-if-they-are-out-to-get-you-361373.html

Trizia (who for those that dont know ..the chair of Chelsea Supporters Group ) has written her piece....link above

Makes some good points, but am sure those that don't know her and how much 'Chelsea' she is will slate her on this article, especially in last paragraph which I will copy and paste for those that dont want to read the whole article about Mourinho.

"That goes for the fans too. The support at West Ham was superb, but if you are one of the bed-wetters crying all over social media, do us all a favour, stay at home. We only need those with the stomach for a fight. Come on Chelsea!"

Barcelona weren't that good when Pep took over. In fact, they were in a similar position to us (squad quality size).

Yeah but Pep just like Klopp are attracted to team with history.

This is why the allure of Arsenal and the team that is laid out today would be a better appeal to him.

Why would he want to work with our board when Arsenal board is million times better?

This is why the allure of Arsenal and the team that is laid out today would be a better appeal to him.

Why would he want to work with our board when Arsenal board is million times better?

Doesn't Wenger have a contract for 2 more years?

I'm sorry, how exactly are the Arsenal board a million times better?

I am aware of that argument, but I disagree. Barcelona had some absolutely amazing players that had simply not hit their stride/stepped up/utilized properly before Pep came in. Credit to him for finding a system that worked, but to compare it with Chelsea would mean that we have some truly top world-class players that just need a different coach/system to be amazing. While neither of us are in a position to state whether this is the case, I have my doubts (not saying that Chelsea have bad players, but I dont believe us to have the equivalents of a prime/young Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Messi etc).

Having said that, I would be very happy if Pep came in. I just think that Simeone would feel like someone I would get behind easier.

I don't think Jose should get the sack because there simply isn't anyone else out there that is as good as or better than him. It'll be another era of the "manager revolving door" if the replacement isn't as good.. he will just get disposed of.. unless Ancelotti is interested in a second stint at the club.

Jose getting the sack is a stupid move anyway, even though it's blatantly obvious that his actions have caused the squad to slip under the cosh, leading to a lot of the players losing their form (and the doctor's job). Furthermore, every manager understands that change is the only way to turn a season around, because if what is being used isn't working, it needs to change!

Don't want it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised of it happening due to the above reasons.. it's all up to Roman at the end of the day. If Roman wants Jose to stay, he'll stay.. if Roman wants him to go because of the stupid things he's done to cause this depressing start to the season, then Jose will go. If Roman is serious about his commitment to Chelsea, he will do what is best for the club.

I am aware of that argument, but I disagree. Barcelona had some absolutely amazing players that had simply not hit their stride/stepped up/utilized properly before Pep came in. Credit to him for finding a system that worked, but to compare it with Chelsea would mean that we have some truly top world-class players that just need a different coach/system to be amazing. While neither of us are in a position to state whether this is the case, I have my doubts (not saying that Chelsea have bad players, but I dont believe us to have the equivalents of a prime/young Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Messi etc).

Having said that, I would be very happy if Pep came in. I just think that Simeone would feel like someone I would get behind easier.

It's true that Pep took the likes of Xavi, Iniesta etc. to the next level, but no one thought at the time that they were all elite, world class generational players in the making. It's easy to say in hindsight. Who knows, maybe Pep can elevate the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Zouma, Azpi, Courtois etc. (Just throwing some names out there) to the next level as well, whilst bringing through very talented youth players such as Boga, Musonda etc... And maybe give someone like RLC a proper breakthrough as well.

I just think it's very difficult to tell, and a lot easier to say you disagree when you look at it in hindsight. However, you could easily be right - definitely not disagreeing with the premise of your argument.

because you said the whole ball must cross the line at all times, so if it doesn't and it's given against us I'm bringing that picture up and your quote. Because it's one rule for us and one for others and to think you agree with the refs and goaline technology baffles me.

You still believe Jose's gospel I see, us vs the world mentality isn't it. Haha cannot believe you are even going to suggest conspiracy theories against TECHNOLOGY. Btw the technology isn't biased so even if the whole of the ball is 1mm over the line it will be given as a goal for or against us so I don't think you will be bringing that up ever unless technology stop working.

I think Roman and the board will give him until the end of the season unless we are facing definite relegation. Im sure there is a clause in his contract that stipulates only a minimal payout if he does not qualify for Europe.

We will finish outside the top 6 and he will leave by mutual consent with Roman lining up Pep as the next manager. Jose will probably than go on a year sabbatical out of the game.

Are you really a chelsea fan or just a ref fan?

_86309312_nogoal1.jpg

Look at the ball and look at the line... now tell me that's a no goal or we shouldn't be pissed?

What??? This is what I don't get. First off yes I am a Chelsea fan, that has nothing to do with this. I am looking at the ball and the line and it is clearly not over it. How is this even a question?

Side note (not directly aimed at you): I don't post that often, but am on here most days. And I tired of seeing so many people question if someone is a fan or not. You have no right to question that.

Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

Just because they don't follow your exact "fan rules/law" and defend everything the manager, players, or club does, does not mean you're not a fan.

Just because someone has never been to a game, whether that is by choice or they haven't been able to, doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Just because you are from a certain country, does not mean you're not a fan or less of a fan.

Just because you became a fan of the club because of a certain player, doesn't make you any less of a fan.

It does not matter why you became a fan, even if you did it because of the success we have had recently. It doesn't matter if you're the type of fan that goes to games and watches, but doesn't do any chants or singing. Some people just don't like to be loud when they watch games.

None of that matters. Everybody has a different way of being a fan. It doesn't matter how you became a fan of this great club, what matters is we're all fans. We have different opinions and views, and different stories of how we became fans. None of it makes any fan better than another. Just supporting and wanting what is best for the club we love.

I think Roman and the board will give him until the end of the season unless we are facing definite relegation. Im sure there is a clause in his contract that stipulates only a minimal payout if he does not qualify for Europe.

We will finish outside the top 6 and he will leave by mutual consent with Roman lining up Pep as the next manager. Jose will probably than go on a year sabbatical out of the game.

As you seem to know what is in his contract, will there also be clauses that could be classified as breaches of contract such as bringing the club into disrepute etc which could in turn mean a severence in pay less than full contracted amount?

because you said the whole ball must cross the line at all times, so if it doesn't and it's given against us I'm bringing that picture up and your quote. Because it's one rule for us and one for others and to think you agree with the refs and goaline technology baffles me.

You do understand that the WHOLE ball has to cross the line right? And you do see that the WHOLE ball didn't cross the line? How anyone can see the shot and still think it's a goal is what baffles me.

Side note (not directly aimed at you): I don't post that often, but am on here most days. And I tired of seeing so many people question if someone is a fan or not. You have no right to question that.

Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

Just because they don't follow your exact "fan rules/law" and defend everything the manager, players, or club does, does not mean you're not a fan.

Just because someone has never been to a game, whether that is by choice or they haven't been able to, doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Just because you are from a certain country, does not mean you're not a fan or less of a fan.

Just because you became a fan of the club because of a certain player, doesn't make you any less of a fan.

It does not matter why you became a fan, even if you did it because of the success we have had recently. It doesn't matter if you're the type of fan that goes to games and watches, but doesn't do any chants or singing. Some people just don't like to be loud when they watch games.

None of that matters. Everybody has a different way of being a fan. It doesn't matter how you became a fan of this great club, what matters is we're all fans. We have different opinions and views, and different stories of how we became fans. None of it makes any fan better than another. Just supporting and wanting what is best for the club we love.

phew..!!!!! glad I am a supporter and not a fan then ;-)