The Mourinho Thread

I wouldn't complain if we ever got Pep, but one word I wouldn't associate with that man is class.

He's got a clean image and is universally respected is what I'm saying. He reminds me of Wenger in terms of how he's perceived. Unlike José who you either love or hate, you almost never hear anything negative from anyone about him.

I just want to see us approach games like a club with the talent we have should. Set out to dominate the ball and relentlessly attack teams. Having a solid defense these days is secondary. Defend with attack. That's what Pep can bring.

Even at our absolute best under José we won't get great football. Tired of being jealous watching City, Arsenal, and even United these days playing football light years better than ours in attack.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one shaking my head when Koeman described us a couple of weeks back. He was spot on and it's embarrassing with the squad we have.

Chelsea plan for Jose Mourinho exit with Carlo Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink waiting in the wings to take Stamford Bridge hotseat

Chelsea are reviewing Jose Mourinho's position just three weeks after publicly backing the Portuguese

The Blues have endured a miserable start to the season, losing five of their opening 10 Premier League fixtures

Carlos Ancelotti is understood to be interested in a return to Stamford Bridge while Guus Hiddink could be an option

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola and Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone may be available in the summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3289107/Chelsea-plan-Jose-Mourinho-exit-Carlo-Ancelotti-Guus-Hiddink-waiting-wings-Stamford-Bridge-hotseat.html

Let's not believe the lazy journos

I think if Mou was gonna be gone - it would have happened already.

Unless the club are waiting to see what the FA say. If Mou gets a stadium ban - I could well see a case for breach of contract, as he is not able to fulfil his managerial obligations - through disciplinary action

It's like you work for a company, but get put on curfew - you can't go to work - so your employer terminates your employment for breach. You are not entitled to any recompense - except for any work already accrued.

The same situation could (and probably should) be applied to Mourinho. Big call though for the club. Would be better if Mou just resigns.

Such a shit situation all round - we have turned into the McLaren of Football :(

Not sure. It seems his position deteriorated. I remember even after Southampton defeat papers like DM were reporting his job was never in question, are now reporting he is on the brink.

Jose won't be fired nor leave... It's the media getting pissed off because he walked out of the stadium and not to their interviews so they can ask him about the two goals we should have had or why he was sent to the directors box, and then he would answer and get a fine by the FA.

So they need to make up crap to get their readers and to piss him and us off. Mourinho will turn us around he has no choice to change the team since Ivanovic is out (sadly not for much longer) so he can find the form and get us back on track. But it takes time the players who get £200,000+ a week aren't fully performing and as the players themselves say... it's their fault and not the manager.

Come'on guys we are strong we're the blues and the champions, and they aren't!

What were the two goals we should of had, Cesc and?

Im not pointing we should change the coach because it would destabilize our board once again, but take a look what change can a different coach bring. Borussia Monchengladbach lost first five games in BL, changed coach, won the next 5.

I love Mou for all he has done to us, but sometimes I cant get pass the fact that he might be limiting our team potential with his defensive and old tactics. Sure sure the PL is different than other leagues, but take a look at Cuadrado, Salah, KDB, Mata etc who couldnt get game under Mou, but are shining elsewhere; KDB, Mata in the same league for a different club even.

When Mou was speaking of long term plan, bringing youth, creating team for next 10 years, I have feeling he done quite opposite. Sure our team has age on their side, and many will only reach peak in couple years, but very possible, our best young players wont even be here when they reach peak, while older ones have already peaked or are in stage of rapid decline.

Iva for example is the man for today. He has experience and old school play on his side, but he is already declining and will soon be out, our our defense will keep conceding. Mou only sees what is the best for team right now, but if he actualy thought of our future, he would put Azpi on right and bring top LB for left side and actualy play him. Or at least, that should be done this summer, but Mou keeps playing Iva. That is a big sign of lacking the vision right there.

Whatever happens, Im behind whoever is at the club, be it Mou or someone else. But I hope we fix things before it gets even worse.

Right now Blanc, Alegri, Mou are three coaches that have teams who can achieve alot alot more, but they are not capable of doing it.

Fabregas and Zouma's header, it was 1/5 of the ball outside if you pause the game but from first glance and from a line's man eye should have be counted.

Mate the league employs goal line technology, referees don't make the decision based on what they see.

Fabregas and Zouma's header, it was 1/5 of the ball outside if you pause the game but from first glance and from a line's man eye should have be counted.

So since the right call (no goal) was made, just because from first glance it looked like it was in, we should have scored?

I don't get that. It didn't go in, so no, it should not be a goal.

Pep would struggle in the Premier League especially with a team like Chelsea. Just look at his recored against the top 6 in the Bundesliga, it's awful. He would struggle against the increasing quality of the middle table teams here. Unless he has a world class squad his a no go.

Agreed.

So does Carlo. Sacked twice? no way jose, carlo said.

Pep would struggle in the Premier League especially with a team like Chelsea. Just look at his recored against the top 6 in the Bundesliga, it's awful. He would struggle against the increasing quality of the middle table teams here. Unless he has a world class squad his a no go.

Can you show me his record against the top six since he came to Bayern ? I'm curious.

i dont like pep one bit.

but even if he is 1-Dimensional, with no adaptation, if he can at the least, give us some identity, make us score a goal on an actual attacking play rather than willian free kicks and set pieces, and if he can integrate the massive pool of talented youth that we have (RLC, musonda, solanke, baker, boga, baba, zouma, pasalic) or even a couple of them, then i will be happy.