The Mourinho Thread

Except at Spartak Moscow, where he lasted only 6 months.

Yeah. Russia is a graveyard. I won't discount his achievements as a manager because of one bad spell in Russia of all places.

Rudi Garcia and Pochettino are also interesting names. There are many others I can name, but the board needs to do its job.

Would anyone take Ronald Koeman if we got rid of Mourinho? Curious.

I would, but it seems the club is not willing to risk. Just see the Abramovichs record: Mourinho, hired after winning the UCL with Porto, Scolari, hired after winning WC with Brazil and after a good run with Portugal, Ancelotti, hired because of his "UCL manager" status, then the lazy solution: Jose Mourinho again.

The club tried Grant, AVB and RDB, all bad experiments, so I'm not sure if the club is willing to give a guy like Koeman a chance, but for me there is a big difference between Koeman and the other 3.

Grant was never a coach. AVB had a decent record with Porto, but portuguese league is not PL, and there is a differencet between Mourinho and AVB: in 2004 Mourinho just won UCL with Porto, while in 2011 AVB won Europa League. RDM should never been named permanent coach. Koeman already understand PL and Southampton is playing decent football.

C'mon Tomo. Are you like always going to dismiss managers/coaches because of one bad job in their careers? Granted, some aren't/won't be good but not all are bad.

well everyone seems to be wanting to dismiss Mourinho because of 1 'so far' bad season.......so why not

rubbish....unless you could look into the future reference transfer dealings

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict what you call rubbish. You honestly thought the way we finished last season,(form wise) and our transfer dealings that we would pose any sort of threat retaining our title? Analyse everything and it's shows absolutely zero surprise.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict what you call rubbish. You honestly thought the way we finished last season,(form wise) and our transfer dealings that we would pose any sort of threat retaining our title? Analyse everything and it's shows absolutely zero surprise.

I did. I thought it was completely justifiable to say we did what needed to be done in the second half of the season and that these players knew how to perform under pressure. We may not have lit the league on fire, but the players knew what needed to be done and got it done.

We didn't sign anyone of outstanding value, but we didn't get markedly worse over the summer.

look back at the pre season posts on here ,, and many saw this coming .. of course they ridiculed then

I thought we would take a few steps backward,but I have never seen a collapse like this, this is truly historic. I have never seen anything like this really, it is amazing to think this exact team breezed to the title now we genuinely look like a regulation side.

Seriously amazing foresight and analysis to anyone who predicted this.

As long as it [his antics, poor tactics and strategies] doesn't continue into next season, I'm fine with him staying. One terrible season is excusable at a stretch but two back-to-back is not.

I fully agree with you.

But someone in the club has to seriously man up and tell him to get his act together.

At the moment it's way over the top!

Maybe that's why he likes Costa so much because he acts the same way during and short after a game. That tarnishes the relationship with the referees.

He should be allowed a bad season, even if it means a season without UCL.

Apart from his antics, the substitution of Fabregas shows me that he knows the problems.

It's going to be one hell of a next week.

look back at the pre season posts on here ,, and many saw this coming .. of course they ridiculed then

Who predicted this? I know there were many (me included) that thought this season would be a bit of a let down but I don't think even Lionsden and Mr Blue Guy would have predicted this.

This shouldn't be called a bad season (so far). We are 15th in the league, lost 5 out of 10 PL games, no signs of improvement, negative football, Mourinho losing his mind on and off the pitch, almost every player underperforming, seeing Mourinho, Costa, Matic etc. getting sent off and fined.

"Bad" is seriously an understatement. We are sinking faster than what David Moyes has done for United. If action isn't taken quickly, forget top 4 and CL and forget us winning anything this season. My Gooner dad even felt sorry for me yesterday telling me Mourinho is leading us to relegation.

urm...I said it was a bad season so far. Nothing has changed...its bad

read my post again...i said you couldnt have predicted transfer dealings in July