The Mourinho Thread

I don't know if you guys followed Madrid under Jose. But do you remember how bad Modric was under him? I remember the press saying Luka was one of the biggest flops in La Liga history. Then Carlo came in and turned him into the best CM in europe.

That's why I feel the blame for the KDB saga should be laid squarely on him. He's not flexible enough as a manager to work with players that have a certain profile. Ancelotti and Rafa managed to make a pivot of Modric and Kroos work. Something I feel Mou can't do.

Harsh. What teams?. I know there's Milan but Milan was destroyed by the suits, the men/women running the club. There's no denying that now because they're worse off than ever. They even asked/begged him to come back and he was smart to turn them down.

Chelsea sacked him before there was any chance for him to make an impact on the squad. And that squad was old.

Imo they looked horrible post 2005, I know they won the CL in 07 but they didn't have the same aura about them they had previous, and with us, he kept picking the same underperforming ageing players, and because of their age, they stagnated to the point they completely lost it, I know he didn't get dealt a great hand, but he had no excuse for ignoring a clearly ready Sturridge and to some extent Bertrand while Anelka and Cole were stinking Stamford Bridge out.

In hindsight the best thing that could have happened is if Mou left after the 2007 cup final and Carlo took over that summer for 3 years, our squad in 2007 was perfect for him.

Harsh. What teams?. I know there's Milan but Milan was destroyed by the suits, the men/women running the club. There's no denying that now because they're worse off than ever. They even asked/begged him to come back and he was smart to turn them down.

Chelsea sacked him before there was any chance for him to make an impact on the squad. And that squad was old.

All though His singing of Torres Set the club back a lot.

I don't know if you guys followed Madrid under Jose. But do you remember how bad Modric was under him? I remember the press saying Luka was one of the biggest flops in La Liga history. Then Carlo came in and turned him into the best CM in europe.

Annie Clark is too hot, I can barely concentrate slagging off Mou.

This has been said over a million of times but Mourinho's need to create controversy at every opportunity is pathetic and embarrassing. Allegedly blasting the referee at HT and getting sent to the stands (when the players desperately need the manager) and now not speaking to the media at all? To divert the attention away from a poor result/performance is one thing but this has become an obsession for him. We are already having a hard time as it is on the pitch and we don't need any stupid drama off it. It's so freaking tiresome!

No surprise that after the Eva debacle things went crazy. All season he's acting embarrassing for our club.. He's got the media against his person but meanwhile also the players imo

• We need stability. The board have backed him and it would be easy to press the panic button.

Stability with Mourinho was always going to be impossible. Controversy upon controversy follows him wherever he goes. He drains his players, club and even fans to the point of exhaustion. His expiry date is 2 seasons, not even the 3 that many like to say. For a manager who is advertised (or who advertises himself) as a tactical genius, he is very limited tactically. He is also an egomaniac. If we wanted stability, we should have gone for someone else initially.

• Who else can we bring in? Ancelotti wouldn't want to come back after getting the sack for finishing 1st and 2nd in his two seasons. There's really no-one better available right now.

Hiddink at least as an interim manager is not a bad idea. Then in the summer, the board and the owner can come to a decision for a permanent manager who has a history of some kind of longevity and who can actually make use of the youth team. A project the owner has poured literally 100's of millions of pounds of his own money into.

• How much can we really blame him? He wasn't backed by the board in the transfer window. Instead of signing Pogba and Stones and keeping Cech, like he wanted to, we signed Stoke's number one, replaced a club legend with a failure and signed Michael fucking Hector to solve our defensive crisis. Pedro aside, we failed in the transfer window. We learnt nothing from City's implosion last season because they, similarly, did not strengthen.

This is a terrible argument. We are actually at least as strong, if not stronger than were last season. Who have we actually lost that did anything really relevant for us last season? Cech was a reserve goalkeeper. Filipe Luis was a reserve left-back. Drogba was 38 and only had so much to give us. This season, we've signed Pedro, one of the best wingers in the world. He started like a house on fire, but he quickly sank into the mediocrity that surrounded him like all our players this season.

15th. That's our league position. Some implosion.

• See things out til the end of the season and see where we are. Other managers may be available - Pep, an yone? - and that way we're not burdened by another interim manager the same way we have been in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013. When you put it like that, it shows how embarrassingly quick we are to fire managers.

See out till the end of the season? Chelsea Football Club is a world renowned multi-million pound organisation. I'll rather be "embarrassed" (like other clubs don't hire and fire managers) than see this club take 10 steps back. We can't put Mourinho's interests and what others think of us ahead of reality.

• He's the best manager in the club's history and has earned the right to dig us out of this mess.

Irrelevant. This line has been parroted over and over since Mourinho came out with his ego-driven proclamation. And by the same token, he's been our worst manager in the Roman era this season and one of the worst in modern times (if you think about it).

Sure, they didn't produce much on the pitch, but don't underestimate the leadership that they may have provided. There isn't anyone in the locker room currently stepping up to a leader position. Considering Terry is still there, that's worrying to me.

Seriously, how does Mourinho expect us to win games by playing Zouma at RB and Azpi at LB. It has defensively set up written all over it. Zouma is fast but is not good enough on the ball to offer a threat going forward. Azpi is a RB playing at LB. Says it all. He still thinks playing this kind of bullshit is fine. Do it one game against Kiev when you want a point fair enough but constantly planning to do that is ridiculous. Had enough of his boring tactics. I could accept it last season when it was effective but now we cannot attack nor can we defend.

Imo they looked horrible post 2005, I know they won the CL in 07 but they didn't have the same aura about them they had previous, and with us, he kept picking the same underperforming ageing players, and because of their age, they stagnated to the point they completely lost it, I know he didn't get dealt a great hand, but he had no excuse for ignoring a clearly ready Sturridge and to some extent Bertrand while Anelka and Cole were stinking Stamford Bridge out.

In hindsight the best thing that could have happened is if Mou left after the 2007 cup final and Carlo took over that summer for 3 years, our squad in 2007 was perfect for him.

Calciopoli.

I'm not saying he did a perfect job but branding him as manager that leaves disasters behind, to the point of needing years of rebuilding is incredibly harsh. I know you're not a fan of Ancelotti but a bit of nuance wouldn't hurt.

All though His singing of Torres Set the club back a lot.

Torres' signing wasn't crazy. It turned out to be a gigantic flop but the thought process behind the signing wasn't dumb. Sheva's signing was just as bad but the club dealt with him much better.

Honestly, words cant express how upset I am. Our players, especially Matic now, hazard, Fabregas have been so bad. All our outfield players have been woeful. I can't blame Mourinho for this. A manager does not have control over the players. We need to start from scratch either January or next summer, and start to change things. Mourinho, yes he is going down a downward spiral but honestly who is going to replace him at this current moment? There's nobody and frankly I have faith Mourinho will start changing things eventually.

For me its really really simple, when Mou was hired again, the ultimate question wasnt if he'll win again or not, it was if he can have sustainable success at one club, that was the only big question mark, and we have the answer, it isnt necessary to point out Mou's defects, we all knew them way back in 2013, for me at least, the only thing that matter now isnt the club position or players mentality, these can be fixed by changing the managers and the players next summer, the real concern is that Mourinho is an unsustainable coach, a top top coach, but not made for this Chelsea, this is the boards biggest mistake since at least three years.Bigger than hiring Rafa, or firing Carlo or buying Torres :)

Hire Pep !