The Mourinho Thread

The problem is that he's telling the players to do what they want in attack. No attacking movement is practiced, no passing moves is practiced, all we do is pass the ball to hazard or fabregas and hope they do something. Then on top of all these players playing with their own individual mindset, the fullbacks are not allowed to go higher to provide width compared to other big teams.

It's like gathering players and telling them how to position themselves when defending but do what any of you want in attack. That's why we don't look like a team when attacking, no combination plays, nothing to look like we practiced any patterns.

Our poor defense this year has exposed this big flaw about Mourinho.

Like I said, new ideas, an attacking coach, anything to help the situation. It can't continue like this, or is Jose's stubbornness so large he cannot reach out?

I think we are more like to see Jose going the journey than anything changing on the football side of it.

If we're going to stop members from having discussion - yes, it's negative stuff at the moment but the members involved have also talked positive stuff before - then we will lose members fast, never mind the old ones quitting. It will be nice if people learn to ignore at times.

P.S. Don't need members to tell admins/mods how to do our jobs.

Well u are not God, you can make mistake as everyone, it's just my concerne anyway cheers.

For me he needs new ideas, he needs to get away from shackling players that create and allow them to express themselves more. Mourinho has stagnated for me, and that has transmitted to the players, as well as other teams cottoning on to exactly how we play. There is little variation to the playing style, it has become predictable and stale and with the league and managers as clever as they, it's very easy to see how to beat and frustrate us.

Jose needs a new approach.

Like I said, new ideas, an attacking coach, anything to help the situation. It can't continue like this, or is Jose's stubbornness so large he cannot reach out?

I think we are more like to see Jose going the journey than anything changing on the football side of it.

My thoughts exactly. He needs to change something and get rid of this siege mentality that he's implemented to the players and to the club as a whole. I feel that the players have lost interest in him, they're nowadays going into games like it's the Battle of Waterloo. Football is not war, let the players enjoy the beautiful game.

What's the most frustrating thing with Jose Mourinho is the way he prepares his games. Regardless of what team he's managing and what players he has at his disposal, he's always looking to cancel out his opponents and play by their weakness, rather than imposing his own style. This is one thing I admire about Guardiola, no matter it is Real Madrid, Dortmund, Paris or some minor league minnows, he is always playing proactive football, by the strengths of his own players.

With this current Mourinho attacking style, it can only be very successful if he had players who could make things happen on their own, create chances individually. People like hazard of last season, Douglas Costa, one on one dribblers or a striker like drogba who lampard had to just lift the ball up to and Drogba did the rest.

Unfortunately for Mourinho, this team have lack of dribbling fullbacks, and only one good dribbling one on one winger in hazard. He's tried salah, cuadrado, Willian, schurlle, and now watching Yarmolenko looking for more individual dribblers to balance his attacking tactics.

Finding players who are experts in dribbling to help his individualistic tactics is hard to find unfortunately for Mourinho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11162027/Pep-Guardiola-I-can-imagine-becoming-Manchester-United-manager-and-emulating-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

I think he might go to United after one year break. I don't like how his teams play anyway.

I don't like Mourinho either but I have to accept that he is the best among our options.

Tiki Taka or play with one-touch style, or in other words, Guardiola's style, is an offensive Catenaccio which is as boring as the defensive Catenaccio.

I remember when Guardiola coached Barcelona all matches, all, were boring boring boring.

I do not want to see that cheap philosopher in our bench. And in Germany Guardiola is not being a great coach because he is doing with Bayer Munich what Bayern Munich has been doing for years.

In fact, Guardiola has lost with Real Madrid (twice), Barcelona, Manchester City, Arsenal, Borrussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg ...