The Mourinho Thread

maybe the glass would be nearer to full if he hadn't got rid of Bertrand ,, Philipe Luis ,, Mata KDB Lukaku , Schurle and Salah . He would then have had genuine options.

Sorry but Jose could never have known that so many of his first team would lose form so rapidly.

I've now seen why he did not drop Ivanovic - simply because Baba was worse defensively at the beiginning of the season, because after weeks of adaption to the team he still looks no better than Iva did and I think that Mourinho decided he would rather cross his fingers and hope Iva would bounce back. I think now even he knows after injury it's simply out of the question and Baba getting match fitness will obviously help him adapt.

Dropped Terry but I think that it was more various outside factors that made him look worse, and restored to the starting lineup yesterday he looked solid once again, and covered for Baba well. Nearly scored too - he will be disappointed with the missed header. With Zouma (pace) next to him he still looks like what he did last season.

Matic was dropped but I think that the kick up the arse has renewed him - we looked more solid once he came on so hopefully he will kick on. His disappearance has also seen the re-emergence of Ramires, which is a positive.

Hazard has been dropped because he's been a passenger all season long and the negatives of his free role now outweigh the positives and it allows a more attacking fullback to play on that left side.

WHU away and Liverpool home will be the litmus test.

His favouritism of certain players let's him down, to be honest. We won't see a 4-3-3 of Matic and RLC, because Ramires has to be dropped. If he isn't then it is Cesc. While I am a huge Mourinho, I really fear he has lost himself in his general ego and self-belief.

Well you can go through my posts mate and i have never said Mourinho should be sacked. Has he made some questionable decisions this season on and off the field a definite yes. 100,000 members is a bit of an anomoly because a lot of those members are overseas and become members as there way of supporting the club knowing they'll rarely be able to attend games.

What's our hardcore support that would go every game through thick and thin i would say about 20-25,000. So you say if we were in a relegation battle people would pay going towards £100 for a Cat A game mate sorry but no way. The crowds would be down massively. If we did struggle cup games would no longer be subsidised so £70 for a Cat B game against Norwich. Mourinho's last game first time round 25,000 everyone paying full price against Rosenburg.

Sorry fella but the last paragraphs about José in my first post was not directed at you so apologies.

Yes that's true there are a fair number of foreign members that have memberships & won't attend but it will have little effect on attendences, as someone that has had a membership for donkeys I've had the unfortunate experience of trying to purchase tickets online & I can tell you that the last 5 years has become very difficult to acquire them & since we won the CL the tickets never get to the 'general sale' stage. There are 24,000 season ticket holders alone, nearly another 10,000 goes to corporate & away fans, that just leaves just about 10,000 tickets remaining for members, whilst I take your point about paying 80 quid to sit in the West stand upper is a valid one - cus I'd wouldn't pay it but trust me there are thousands that will & do.

Yes I remember Rosenburg only to well, midweek games are a little easier to get tickets & if there was a reduction in attendances through poor results/performances then I can see it having a small effect during these games, however weekend PL fixtures in ain't gonna happen, certainly not this season anyway.

true i guess, but it was a dodgy win vs a horrible side, useful , but doesn't change the situation. and mourinho never delivers the perfect team sheet. he gives you one thing, but takes away something you wanted also,

There is no perfect team sheet, mate. Just read the match day threads, everybody and their dog posts a different starting 11.

And there is genuinely no point in conversing in this thread anymore because any comment that doesn't amount to "José out" or "we were utter shite today" is met with bewilderment.

As has been said by others already; he played Baba, he played RLC, he put Dave in his natural position, he played Matic after his supposed dig the other week. We never looked uncomfortable, we won and we kept a clean sheet. But still, the usual clowns moan because we didn't come out and tear them to bits -- as if a team trying to get out of a slump were ever going to.

Any positives are waved away as luck. Clean sheet? Villa can't attack. Goals? Villa mistakes -- as if the ball was passed straight to Willian's foot and Costa didn't have to finish or that the only way you can touch for a deflection is to be in the area knocking on the door in the first place.

Nobody expects everybody on here to think the performance was great. Nobody thinks this win means we're back to the old ways. But this game had a squad shake up and a well needed clean sheet and a few goals. That's exactly what we needed in this moment and hopefully the team can kick on from here.

Folks on here need to seriously wind their necks in.

FFP is one of the reasons we got rid of them, we've been a ''sell before buy ''club for some time. Jose isn't in full control of the transfers.

For example, in the 2013-14 season we started the season without a new quality striker, Eto'o was a stopgap and cheap signing. Not typical Jose to start a season without a top top striker.

This summer the club was in a rush to sell Luis before losing value (nearing 30), but was very slow with the Baba deal.

He preferred Luiz over Mikel as DM, and Luiz over Lampard as CM, why did he sell him? FFP.

Mata got more minutes than Schurrle, but the club got a huge offer so he was sold, FFP.

Lukaku didn't want to be back up and we got a huge sum for him, again FFP was deciding factor.

KDB and Salah didn't get chances. Schurrle was loved by Jose but still got sold. Again FFP.

FFP only makes sense if your getting a net profit. In the case of Schurrle, we wasted all that transfer money on Cuadrado who looked out of his depth in the EPL

(I do agree about the rest of the transfers but not Schurrle)

I was backing him to stay until the end of the season but his comments yesterday about Eden are unforgiveable. I truly hope that he gets the sack ASAP.

Dont get me wrong Im not exactly loving Mourinho right now, but to sack a manager who rightly criticises a player is idiocy. If Hazard leaves one day this forum will be left with true fans of the club.

Dont get me wrong Im not exactly loving Mourinho right now, but to sack a manager who rightly criticises a player is idiocy. If Hazard leaves one day this forum will be left with true fans of the club.

When Mourinho leaves the true fans of the club will still be here,

And I will be here still SUPPORTING THE CLUB. If Hazard leaves then Jose truly destroyed this club. I want us to prevent the inevitable that's why I changed my opinion mate.

Why do people freak out about a player potentially leaving? We'll get close to 100m for him and obviously replace him accordingly. It's not that serious.

Yes look at liverpool and tottenham. Look at how succesful we ve been searching for a second winger.

Mourinho did drop Hazard against Porto a few weeks ago. Main issue here is the reason why he was dropped rather than he was dropped.

Dropping him for that game was ridiculous. I mean I know he wanted more defensive work but he could have said that to him on the side and told him to work on it. Villa are a team that should be concerned on defending our best player. It shouldn't have to be Hazard doing the other way around. Judging by Mourinho's words it seems it will continue as well with Hazard being on the bench. Just.... :rant:

Sorry fella but the last paragraphs about José in my first post was not directed at you so apologies.

Yes that's true there are a fair number of foreign members that have memberships & won't attend but it will have little effect on attendences, as someone that has had a membership for donkeys I've had the unfortunate experience of trying to purchase tickets online & I can tell you that the last 5 years has become very difficult to acquire them & since we won the CL the tickets never get to the 'general sale' stage. There are 24,000 season ticket holders alone, nearly another 10,000 goes to corporate & away fans, that just leaves just about 10,000 tickets remaining for members, whilst I take your point about paying 80 quid to sit in the West stand upper is a valid one - cus I'd wouldn't pay it but trust me there are thousands that will & do.

Yes I remember Rosenburg only to well, midweek games are a little easier to get tickets & if there was a reduction in attendances through poor results/performances then I can see it having a small effect during these games, however weekend PL fixtures in ain't gonna happen, certainly not this season anyway.

Excellent post mate.

Chelsea win overshadowed by Jose Mourinho's choice to drop Eden Hazard

Nail. On. Head.

This is a massive understatement but Mourinho really does baffle people with the things he say. We won yesterday - our first win in nearly a month IIRC - and he could have just let that be the headline. But no. He had to go and criticize Hazard for his lack of defensive work when asked why he was on the bench. Could have just said he was rested, he's been playing poorly (which is true) etc but instead, he had to cause some sort of controversy and give the media ammunition to write negative stories about the club.

Some might argue that he's challenging Hazard to improve himself but he really could have just done that by talking him to privately. There's no need to say those things in the public! I'm not optimistic that Hazard will stay with us for a long time but if we lose him because he cannot stand Mourinho's constant criticism about his defending - which is mostly unfair when you see the likes of Ivanovic, Fabregas etc have gotten away with it - then Mourinho seriously has plenty to answer. We have a player with the potential to be the best in the world but he's being criticized and held back from becoming better because of defensive work. :doh:

I will be super pissed if we lose Hazard. We have lost couple of good players on the same ground.

What's with Mourinho ? Is he trying to get Hazard out in the January window ?