The Mourinho Thread

Hazard to be benched more until he's a "team player" for Jose's Chelsea. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-says-eden-hazard-6652824

Interesting development. wonder where that's headed.

How do you like being expected to carrying the team that is so inept at attacking and always the one to be kicked by the opposition? Will your knees hold out? Better in Spain or Paris?

He said in his PC that he didn't play Eden because of tactics because we've been conceding too many goals lately, all in the same breath.

Surely, he could be lying and probably trying to protect a possible injury and stuff, but if it's true, my goodness, he might think it worked and we're fucked.

No real surprise at all. I said in an earlier post that the only reason Mourinho kept using Azpilicueta on the left and not anyone else, was because of Hazard.

Tbh, today I was expecting him to continue with Cesar on the left and keep Zouma on the right, but he opted to go for having 2 natural full-backs and was even willing to drop Hazard as well.

I'm pretty sure he has no plans of playing BOTH Baba and Hazard on the left flank, and tbh we would get crushed on that wing right now. Baba is only settling in, and Hazard is not in the best form.

So we finally got to see what Mou's answer was to this crisis:

Remove the last bit of creativity from our team and go even more defensive.

This guy is just a portuguese Tony Pulis but with a bigger ego and a bigger budget.

We were in the process of building a team who could win things by playing more attacking and entertaining football and he singlehandedly killed it just to win a league title in the short term

Hazard to be benched more until he's a "team player" for Jose's Chelsea. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-says-eden-hazard-6652824

Interesting development. wonder where that's headed.

How do you like being expected to carrying the team that is so inept at attacking and always the one to be kicked by the opposition? Will your knees hold out? Better in Spain or Paris?

Now Eden shouldn't be free from criticism or from being benched but this makes no sense.

1) If he can't fit in a player like eden against Villa at home because he's concerned about conceding goals, well...

2) If it's about sending a message to Hazard (which is what i feel it is all about), the timing seems wrong, two weeks after his last chelsea game, on the back of his best performance of the season (albeit for the NT).

3) Having Hazard defend more, is not going to help us that much. We need him to carry us forward. Having him track back more is only going to hold him back from it more.

4) And now these comments... Sheesh. He's never criticized anyone by name like this before (besides Carneiro lol). I mean questioning his attitude, threatening to drop him completely... It may have worked after the Atleti game, but it' different now. All of the team is underperforming (not you Willian :heart: ), so why is he singled out like that. Besides Jose is not in as strong as a position as back then, far from it, no matter what the board and the players are saying.

People asked for Baba, got Baba.

- asked for RLC, got RLC.

- wanted Zouma, is a fixed starter now.

- complained Jose kept playing Falcao because of his ego, Falcao is dropped from the bench vs Porto and Villa.

- complained that Jose never drops untouchables, dropped Cahill, Oscar, HAZARD, MATIC, TERRY.

- a clean sheet, got one.

- a win with 2 goals difference, got one.

But still, zero praise for the changes, all you can here on this forum is moan moan moan and moan, the glass is always half empty on here.

All you guys will focus on is Cesc and Ivanovic not being dropped, exactly what Jose asked for in the summer and didn't get: defender and midfielder.

All other guys has decent replacements, who is Cesc's replacement? Oscar? Is he creative? No we don't have other play makers.

Ivanovic is the only guy that should've been dropped earlier but who is his replacement? Baba? Not 100% ready yet. If we got Marquinhos/Stones or kept Filipe Ivanovic would already been dropped long time ago.

true i guess, but it was a dodgy win vs a horrible side, useful , but doesn't change the situation. and mourinho never delivers the perfect team sheet. he gives you one thing, but takes away something you wanted also,

true i guess, but it was a dodgy win vs a horrible side, useful , but doesn't change the situation. and mourinho never delivers the perfect team sheet. he gives you one thing, but takes away something you wanted also,

Yeah true but shouldn't he at least get some praise for trying to change things?

Hazard under performed whole season, deservedly dropped despite being our best player.

We don't have 2 Azpi's, otherwise 50% of our problems would've been solved. We don't have a decent back up for Cesc, without him we go back to 2013-14, a team without creativity from midfield that relies on Hazard or a counter attack.

We won because we were better than them and seized upon their mistake for the 1st. Willian still had to intercept and Costa still had to get into position.

We controlled that match comfortably and shut the game down 2nd half

We can barely create a chance, if we didn't get those lucky goals I doubt we would've scored.

maybe the glass would be nearer to full if he hadn't got rid of Bertrand ,, Philipe Luis ,, Mata KDB Lukaku , Schurle and Salah . He would then have had genuine options.

FFP is one of the reasons we got rid of them, we've been a ''sell before buy ''club for some time. Jose isn't in full control of the transfers.

For example, in the 2013-14 season we started the season without a new quality striker, Eto'o was a stopgap and cheap signing. Not typical Jose to start a season without a top top striker.

This summer the club was in a rush to sell Luis before losing value (nearing 30), but was very slow with the Baba deal.

He preferred Luiz over Mikel as DM, and Luiz over Lampard as CM, why did he sell him? FFP.

Mata got more minutes than Schurrle, but the club got a huge offer so he was sold, FFP.

Lukaku didn't want to be back up and we got a huge sum for him, again FFP was deciding factor.

KDB and Salah didn't get chances. Schurrle was loved by Jose but still got sold. Again FFP.

FFP is one of the reasons we got rid of them, we've been a ''sell before buy ''club for some time. Jose isn't in full control of the transfers.

For example, in the 2013-14 season we started the season without a new quality striker, Eto'o was a stopgap and cheap signing. Not typical Jose to start a season without a top top striker.

This summer the club was in a rush to sell Luis before losing value (nearing 30), but was very slow with the Baba deal.

He preferred Luiz over Mikel as DM, and Luiz over Lampard as CM, why did he sell him? FFP.

Mata got more minutes than Schurrle, but the club got a huge offer so he was sold, FFP.

Lukaku didn't want to be back up and we got a huge sum for him, again FFP was deciding factor.

KDB and Salah didn't get chances. Schurrle was loved by Jose but still got sold. Again FFP.

FFP argument doesnt hold water when you see the spending of the Manchester Clubs .. He got rid of players he didnt value and we are paying a high price for that .

FFP argument doesnt hold water when you see the spending of the Manchester Clubs .. He got rid of players he didnt value and we are paying a high price for that .

United is a big brand and has the biggest revenue, City is a cheat and is being sponsored by their own owners.

Chelsea...you and I have complained together this summer for the lack of activity.. I don't know why the club is so tight..the new stadium would cost 500+60 million pounds..maybe that's why.

But the fact is last year we sold KDB, Lukaku, Luiz, Mata, Ba, Schurrle to get Cuadrado, Cesc, Matic, Diego Costa, Remy and Filipe. 1 out 1 in policy. This summer we had no major sale, and suddenly we haven't improved our weaknesses. Coincidence? Many rumors, Jose himself (hinted) and Rob Beasley (cunt but reliable) said that Jose was told that he needed to sell before he could buy. This changed in the last weeks after the 3-0 thrashings, but it was already too late.

KDB, Mata, Salah, Cuadrado, Shurrle... Hazard? How long will Pedro last? And what about Kenedy and Traore, such promising players but I fear for their future cause Mourinho propably is a pathological serial killer of the attacking midfield. It's getting ridiculous, he's become a caricature of himself.

I see your point, but then again, I think we were the only serious title contender of the past 2-3 years to take FFP seriously. UEFA have given City a slap on the wrist in terms of a small fine and a capped squad of 21 as opposed to the full 25 for European competition. But what have we gained out of it? Okay, some pretty good business and a couple of trophies, but I feel that if we'd have shown the same financial commitment that United and City did in the transfer window, we'd be in the top four at present without too many concerns. Instead, we did exactly what City did last summer and have been spectacularly overtaken. We are fortunate that, despite our shortcomings, the gap is "only" 10 points, and with 29 games remaining that is not an insurmountable divide*.

* I'd like to point out we have no realistic chance of winning the title at this stage (though, let's be positive, put a run together, and who knows?), but my point is that if we can regroup we can at least attain a top four finish and close the gap to a more respectable distance.