The Mourinho Thread

Absolutely this. All the teams he's managed since leaving porto have been public enemy number one from chelsea to inter to madrid. To further buttress your point on the impact a manager can have on the popularity of a team. Our popularity was the highest it's been in the Roman era under Ancelotti. even despite winning the double (most neutral fans and even some bitter rivals) found us much more likeable and the media and FA significantly eased up on the "bias" at the time.

Yes this is true, there was a good feel back then.

Then the second season happen and he got canned because something like that would never happened to Mourinho......

Fast forward it has happened and even worse. But now we are backing Mourinho....

Absolutely this. All the teams he's managed since leaving porto have been public enemy number one from chelsea to inter to madrid. To further buttress your point on the impact a manager can have on the popularity of a team. Our popularity was the highest it's been in the Roman era under Ancelotti. even despite winning the double (The theory is always they hate us because of our success) most neutral fans and even some bitter rivals found us much more likeable and the media and FA significantly eased up on their "bias" at the time.

can you show us the figures showing the height of our popularity under Carlo compared to other times. Would make good reading and interesting to know where you get these bonafide facts and figures from.

Thanks in advance

P.S. ooooh yes...forget the reason why I posted.

Its because I think ( but have no figures to prove it ) that as a whole we were more popular with other clubs fans under Ranieri and Romans 1st season when other clubs and supporters didnt really know what had hit them and we were not winning PL titles at the time and not a big threat in their eyes.

But back to you saying we were more popular back then than now....I bet our fanbase has grown considerably since then adding to our popularity and worldwide income so sod what anyone else i.e other club fans and neutrals think

Ofcourse this is the type of response I expected. biased to the core. Apparently the English FA, Spanish and Italian media and FA all have an agenda against him and his teams. It's just so happens that the controversy that seems to follow him around every club he goes are not his fault and the whole world are out to get poor old jose.

so one minute you scoff at the fact that the FA have bias ( above) and then (below) the next you say that they eased up on it at a certain time.

make your mind up fella

most neutral fans and even some bitter rivals found us much more likeable and the media and FA significantly eased up on their "bias" at the time.

can you show us the figures showing the height of our popularity under Carlo compared to other times. Would make good reading and interesting to know where you get these bonafide facts and figures from.

Thanks in advance

P.S. ooooh yes...forget the reason why I posted.

Its because I think ( but have no figures to prove it ) that as a whole we were more popular with other clubs fans under Ranieri and Romans 1st season when other clubs and supporters didnt really know what had hit them and we were not winning PL titles at the time and not a big threat in their eyes.

But back to you saying we were more popular back then than now....I bet our fanbase has grown considerably since then adding to our popularity and worldwide income so sod what anyone else i.e other club fans and neutrals think

Actually I want to feel proud of the Club I have supported in good times and bad for over 30 years . Under Mourinho I feel constantly ashamed. Some fans want trophies at any price.

I would rather have our pride and dignity back ..

Actually I want to feel proud of the Club I have supported in good times and bad for over 30 years . Under Mourinho I feel constantly ashamed. Some fans want trophies at any price.

I would rather have our pride and dignity back ..

dunno where you popped up from and posted a reply that had nothing to do with my post but grow a pair.

Seems you are more worried about what other fans think of us....who gives a flying toss what they they and the media think, but if you are taken in by all their comments and stories...then more fool you.

Plenty of pride and dignity amongst the support.

But back on point...a good presser from him and good to know he is contesting the FA fine

dunno where you poped up from but grow a pair.

Plenty of pride and dignity amongst the support.

But back on point...a good presser from him and good to know he is contesting the FA fine

I dont see any dignity in you .. And dont mistake arrogance for dignity ..Now try to grow a few brain cells .. Seems your brains are in you balls. Oh you popped up when we won the PL

last May ,,, Wonder if you will last long ?

Some Spanish website -puntidarena ? saying all out rebellion has broken out at SB. Almost certainly bollocks, but anyway....I am sure every member of every other squad in the Premier League loves their manager and there's rainbows & puppies at every training session

I think we'd be more worried if things were really great and happy behind the scenes, given the recent performances and results

Some Spanish website -puntidarena ? saying all out rebellion has broken out at SB. Almost certainly bollocks, but anyway....I am sure every member of every other squad in the Premier League loves their manager and there's rainbows & puppies at every training session

I think we'd be more worried if things were really great and happy behind the scenes, given the recent performances and results

Well sadly they have (Press) been given plenty of ammunition this season.

So like Hollywood sequels - the stories get constantly churned out.

I'm annoyed with the club for allowing Mou to appeal - in the long run this will backfire. Every good General knows that sometimes you have to concede the odd battle here and there to win the War. All this will do is force the FA's hand. No way will they back down now.

Arghh lets just hope the main talking is done on the pitch tomorrow - sick of the circus sideshow.

Pulis defended Mourinho today after the Chelseamanager branded his punishment 'an absolute disgrace'.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470451/Tony-Pulis-money-FA-Jose-Mourinho

Doesn't matter if they're buddies or not. At least someone outside of the club is publicly defending Mourinho.