The Mourinho Thread

Needs to keep his mouth shut, forget what other managers say and do and focus on the team. One winner in all this, the FA, every single time. Things are bad enough right now, just get the players fired up FFS.

The worse part of this whole thing is it wasn't a penalty and the referee's decision was right. While Southampton themselves had two stonewall penalties that should have been given and we got away with them. Makes zero sense for what he said to Sky Sports.

It's embarrassing from Mourinho honestly. Very embarrassing. If you're going to criticise the ref, at least make sense out of it and make good points.

Because of his stupid actions, the team doesn't have Mourinho for one game. First Costa, now Mourinho. We are punishing ourselves.

Calm down mate, relax. It's not that bad.

The worse part of this whole thing is it wasn't a penalty and the referee's decision was right. While Southampton themselves had two stonewall penalties that should have been given and we got away with them. Makes zero sense for what he said to Sky Sports.

It's embarrassing from Mourinho honestly. Very embarrassing. If you're going to criticise the ref, at least make sense out of it and make good points.

Because of his stupid actions, the team doesn't have Mourinho for one game. First Costa, now Mourinho. We are punishing ourselves.

So what game havent we got him for????

What Soton could have got is totally irrelevant.

Leave that to their manager to say something which he definately would have done if they lost.

Jose was just talking about decisions that benefit Chelsea and rightly so.

He has taken one for the team but at least got his point out there.

Posters who say he should spend more time focusing on the team rather than make crass comments after being asked a question are being ridiculous. Its not as if he spends hours on thinking up an answer to a potential question....it takes seconds out of his day

Excuse me? What valid point was he trying to make? I must have missed something during the interview.

It's even more ridiculous that people are actually defending Mourinho for embarrassing himself.

I guess he's referring to the complaints José was making all of last season. Didn't we have some ridiculous stat about the longest premier league run without a penalty and the most penalties not given or some such?

But I don't see how that is irrelevant to what happened against Southampton, especially when the referee was correct in the first place.

In the end, the penalty cry was Mourinho's attempt to distract us from seeing the real picture about how Chelsea performed. How does a penalty shout that wasn't given, deflate Chelsea? These players are suppose to be professionals, they have played the highest level of football for years. Heck, we were champions last season. It's a silly excuse.

While some people will laugh when I say this, but I hope this is the last we see Mourinho behave like this. It's not doing us any favours.

I agree it was the wrong comment to make at the time because it wasn't a penalty whilst the Southampton ones were. Whether he saw it or not or genuinely disagrees only Mourinho knows. I don't know that it was a deflection tactic though as his following rant went in to great detail about he and the squad being in a bad place, I think he was open about that. I think his overarching point was fair but ultimately devalued by the timing. I do agree with him in general though, I think referees try their best to put their mark on our games, not out of a bias but just to show who's boss. However, that means when they make a wrong decision, and they make plenty, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm also sympathetic towards his feelings on the FA because as it has been pointed out, Wenger's comments after our game went unpunished. José is a serial offender but that's irrelevant, the FA need to be consistent or rightly called out.

His comments don't do us any favours but I don't think they have a particularly negative effect either. He gets fined, the papers write about it, the FA pat themselves on the back and the world moves on.

Excuse me? What valid point was he trying to make? I must have missed something during the interview.

It's even more ridiculous that people are actually defending Mourinho for embarrassing himself.

you should read the Giles Smith column on main website....he has got it about right.

Well when you challenge the FA to punish you.-"if they want to punish me it is no problem" and when you also admit to punishable offense-" I am probably going to be punished for this"

Not sure how anyone expected a different outcome.

think everyone expected a fine and possibly a touchline ban...no one including you expected a suspended stadium ban

But I don't see how that is relevant to what happened against Southampton, especially when the referee was correct in the first place.

In the end, the penalty cry was Mourinho's attempt to distract us from seeing the real picture about how Chelsea performed. How does a penalty shout that wasn't given, deflate Chelsea? These players are suppose to be professionals, they have played the highest level of football for years. Heck, we were champions last season. It's a silly excuse.

While some people will laugh when I say this, but I hope this is the last we see Mourinho behave like this. It's not doing us any favours.

I hope its not the last....he needs to stand up and question certain factors just like every other manager.

He just gets charged for it whilst others dont.....it quite simple really.

I'd rather have a leader questioning stuff rather than being quiet and just taking it.

He has got his point out there about decisions and now everyone will be watch8ng with extra interest to see if he has a point