The Mourinho Thread

I'm actually looking forward to our next game and everyone knows I'm incredibly pessimistic & cynical of our team. With Ivanovic's injury & Jose insisting RLC will get a run of starts we're finally going to see some new faces in the team who'll play with that youthful exuberance we're so sorely lacking.

For the first time since 09/10 Ashley Cole we'll have a massive attacking threat down that left flank & I'm excited to see if he and Hazard can form a little partnership together.

He was getting criticism after both games but I saw a fullback routinely getting into promising positions and unlike Azpi/Ivanovic delivering several accurate & crisp crosses into the box. With more familiarity, patience & confidence I really think he can become our own Carvajal, Alaba, Shaw, Bellerin, Shaw etc

I also think RLC will offer us something different in a midfield that's been virtually non-existent so far. Obviously he isn't the finished article yet but unlike our 4 other midfielders he has no glaring weakness in his game. The best attributes of Matic (physicality), Cesc (creativity), Ramires (drive) and Mikel (close control) he has it all in his arsenal. I also think Jose's criticism in the off-season did wonders for his off the ball work, he's expanding more energy tracking players & making more challenges. He still has to work on his stamina & engine but I've liked what I've seen so far.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=deT8QhK9GSw

Maccabi was a 10/10 performance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKND_NOs1C4

He was more subdued in this game but still a solid game and a World Class assist to boot.

Costa will return from suspension with a point to prove & we'll start to see the best player in the League again once chill mode is deactivated. Cesc is the only wild card for me, he's been woeful but do you really want to drop the most creative player not named Messi when you're struggling to create clearcut chances. I say we stick with him for another game to see if he can play his way out of his bad form and offer him as much protection as possible with RLC, Matic, Azpi & Willian.

I hope we go 433

Azpi Cahill Zouma Baba

Matic

Cesc RLC

Willian Costa Hazard

You might be onto something there, RLC is the closest thing we have to ballack. But I hate fabregas in the attacking midfield,he can't move or press so we should play him like how Juventus played Pirlo

vidal Pirlo pogba

Matic fabregas RLC

Pirlo like fabregas was poor defensively, especially when he was 33-34years but vidal and pogba did the dirty work for him.

But this won't work properly if we don't have proper full-back play interchanging from the wings.

We can't do that as we would lose one of Oscar and Willian, and both are really important in this crucial times, the first has been the rare spark and the only player who we can't criticize much since the start of the season, and Willian still gives so much energy to the team.

The solution is clear and simple, drop Fabregas, I don't care about his creativity, Ruben, Oscar, Willian and Hazard can provide that in abundance, our problems rely in conceding and struggling in possession, thus not creating chances, it's not like we have a lot of the ball, control the match but can't create chances ( which was the case in 2013-2014, and that why we brought Cesc which proved to be successful at that time ).

We need a solid midfield now.

Begovic

Zouma-Cahill-Terry-Azpilicueta

Matic(Mikel)

RLC(Ramires)-Oscar(Cesc)

Willian-Costa-Hazard

This is our best formation atm.

By the way, it was an absolutely stupid mistake to send Van Ginkel on loan, he is solid and a great tackler, he would have been starting games now, and we knew we were light in midfield

Maybe Mourinho should take a leaf out of John Sitton's book if we are struggling against Villa. Sitton played for us briefly in the late 70's and as you can imagine after this went on air hasn't had a manager's job since.

https://youtu.be/7SN9le_U5SI

https://youtu.be/L20B881v4gA

While I'm just sitting here until the Villa game, I'm just wanted to say I'm fed up with the players giving the generic "We must bounce back" and "We must back the manager". Talk is cheap guys. How about you show that on the pitch?

How about you actually give them a chance to show that on the pitch ?

There is absolutely nothing to be said in these two weeks, most of the talking points have been made in the 2-3 days after the game against Southampton, I don't say we should all shut up, but you can't keep blaming the players for something they just said and didn't have the chance to prove yet.

I'm watching Cesc pull the strings for Spain right now as an interior in a 433 and there's no reason to believe he can't do that in a Chelsea shirt. He's finished as a Top Class #10 and he's been found out in a pivot. Time to change formations instead of a pigeon-holing a player into a setup that clearly no longer suits him.

Tell Matic to focus on defending alone like Coquelin and leave the creativity to RLC and Cesc. Ivanovic and Terry are done in my eyes (father time remains undefeated) but I refuse to believe the likes of Cesc, Costa & Hazard are "overrated" or "liabilities" after having great seasons.

yep. why not just go 4-3-3? I'm for it. I've been for that shit for more than 5 years while CFC haven't had 3 great attackers to put up in the AM positions. Now we might actually have 3 excellent AMs in the squad, but it's still worth playing 4-3-3 when all the opposition just pack it in and Chelsea pass too slow in the opponent's half.

The problem for me is that --as SAF said again tonite on the radio: "what you do on the training ground is usually what you get on Saturday." If it were up to Cesc Fabregas, a Chelsea training session and match might look more like a brisk, quick-passing, flowing Chelsea attack --or like a classic Man Utd attack. I doubt Mourinho and his staff have it in them to produce this. Meanwhile at Anfield...

yep. why not just go 4-3-3? I'm for it. I've been for that shit for more than 5 years while CFC haven't had 3 great attackers to put up in the AM positions. Now we might actually have 3 excellent AMs in the squad, but it's still worth playing 4-3-3 when all the opposition just pack it in and Chelsea pass too slow in the opponent's half.

The problem for me is that --as SAF said again tonite on the radio: "what you do on the training ground is usually what you get on Saturday." If it were up to Cesc Fabregas, a Chelsea training session and match might look more like a brisk, quick-passing, flowing Chelsea attack --or like a classic Man Utd attack. I doubt Mourinho and his staff have it in them to produce this. Meanwhile at Anfield...

Completely incapable, first half of last season was all Chelsea fans in an alternative universe.

I'm the first to say this team currently is badly drilled and trained, but I don't use selective memory to talk about the manager.

He can and have to do better, but he seems lost and focusing on the wrong things.

What you plant is what you get. Some arrogant git like Mourinho have a moment like this coming. Some call it karma. I still love the guy, but I think it'll take him a while and tons of humble pies before he gets over this slump in his career or he won't be able and it's his declining, I don't want Chelsea to pay for either.

Completely incapable, first half of last season was all Chelsea fans in an alternative universe.

I'm the first to say this team currently is badly drilled and trained, but I don't use selective memory to talk about the manager.

He can and have to do better, but he seems lost and focusing on the wrong things.

What you plant is what you get. Some arrogant git like Mourinho have a moment like this coming. Some call it karma. I still love the guy, but I think it'll take him a while and tons of humble pies before he gets over this slump in his career or he won't be able and it's his declining, I don't want Chelsea to pay for either.

Are you at Cobham every day? Do you know what training sessions he runs?