The Mourinho Thread

Matic won't start a game under Jose again for a long time, he is getting Pepe/Casillas treatment now.

Well given the fact Carlo also choose Lopez (initially) and Rafa choose Navas doesnt that vindicate that particular choice?

Remember when Azpi initially broke into the starting eleven ? A. Cole had picked up an injury for 2 or 3 weeks, couldn't get back regularly in the team after that.

Also, in the weeks preceding that, Ashley had become a liability, not as much as Iva today maybe but we did notice that..

It is actually scary, Ash had picked up that injury around 6th October 2013...

No news untill next game. Only non stories. Tomorrow another ex-player will say Jose will survive, base in his own opinion, next day a manager will give his opinion about the subject, and the another squad player will insist the squad is fully behind Mourinho.

Now maybe i'm too cynical, but isn't it possible that all these players suddenly coming out in support of Mourinho is a big PR-stunt coming from our club? Especially as it happens to coincide with the statement of the board backing him?

Now maybe i'm too cynical, but isn't it possible that all these players suddenly coming out in support of Mourinho is a big PR-stunt coming from our club? Especially as it happens to coincide with the statement of the board backing him?

Either that or it could be just the international break.

I'm actually looking forward to our next game and everyone knows I'm incredibly pessimistic & cynical of our team. With Ivanovic's injury & Jose insisting RLC will get a run of starts we're finally going to see some new faces in the team who'll play with that youthful exuberance we're so sorely lacking.

For the first time since 09/10 Ashley Cole we'll have a massive attacking threat down that left flank & I'm excited to see if he and Hazard can form a little partnership together.

He was getting criticism after both games but I saw a fullback routinely getting into promising positions and unlike Azpi/Ivanovic delivering several accurate & crisp crosses into the box. With more familiarity, patience & confidence I really think he can become our own Carvajal, Alaba, Shaw, Bellerin, Shaw etc

I also think RLC will offer us something different in a midfield that's been virtually non-existent so far. Obviously he isn't the finished article yet but unlike our 4 other midfielders he has no glaring weakness in his game. The best attributes of Matic (physicality), Cesc (creativity), Ramires (drive) and Mikel (close control) he has it all in his arsenal. I also think Jose's criticism in the off-season did wonders for his off the ball work, he's expanding more energy tracking players & making more challenges. He still has to work on his stamina & engine but I've liked what I've seen so far.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=deT8QhK9GSw

Maccabi was a 10/10 performance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKND_NOs1C4

He was more subdued in this game but still a solid game and a World Class assist to boot.

Costa will return from suspension with a point to prove & we'll start to see the best player in the League again once chill mode is deactivated. Cesc is the only wild card for me, he's been woeful but do you really want to drop the most creative player not named Messi when you're struggling to create clearcut chances. I say we stick with him for another game to see if he can play his way out of his bad form and offer him as much protection as possible with RLC, Matic, Azpi & Willian.

I hope we go 433

Azpi Cahill Zouma Baba

Matic

Cesc RLC

Willian Costa Hazard

How long is Ivanovic injured though? I don't want to get my hopes up.