The Mourinho Thread

The owners at Juventus are hardly ruthless and demanding compared to who Ancelotti had worked for at AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid.

They are actually. Just check out how frequently they used to change managers before Conte. I agree that he has not been successful in CL, but Morata who joined to Juve after Conte left made a huge difference. In CL he scored consecutively in five or six matches now. When he doesn't play Juve struggles in the league too. I did not say he is the perfect coach btw.. Among the options we have he is the best in my opinion.

Carlo as football director, Conte as coach would be the perfect combination actually.

They are actually. Just check out how frequently they used to change managers before Conte. I agree that he has not been successful in CL, but Morata who joined to Juve after Conte left made a huge difference. In CL he scored consecutively in five or six matches now. When he doesn't play Juve struggles in the league too. I did not say he is the perfect coach btw.. Among the options we have he is the best in my opinion.

Carlo as football director, Conte as coach would be the perfect combination actually.

Only because they were absolutely shit before Conte, I remember 5 years ago when they lost to Fulham in the Europe league or something. If Juve consistently finish in top 2 I doubt the manager would get the sack and Ancelotti would most likely be able to do that with Juve's current squad or any half decent manager will be able to actually. Also I doubt Carlo will ever comeback here, didn't he said in his book that he was ruthlessly sacked over the phone by Roman after the Everton game and promised if he was to return to a previous club one day it will be Milan.

If Juve consistently finish in top 2 I doubt the manager would get the sack.

From http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jun/18/europeanfootball.sport

Second place is definitely not good enough for Juventus. Sometimes first place doesn't even cut it.

Juve announced that they had sacked Carlo Ancelotti at half-time during their 2-1 win over Atalanta on Sunday. Never mind that he had recently signed a two-year extension to his contract. Never mind that it was their 11th game without defeat.

They are actually. Just check out how frequently they used to change managers before Conte.

Before Conte, Juventus sacked 3 managers in 2 years - Ciro Ferrara, Alberto Zaccheroni and Luigi Delneri - and I think MrBlueGuy has mentioned the reason for that. Otherwise, many before that got at least 2-3 years at the club. Compare to some clubs, they aren't really trigger happy.

I agree that he has not been successful in CL, but Morata who joined to Juve after Conte left made a huge difference. In CL he scored consecutively in five or six matches now. When he doesn't play Juve struggles in the league too.

Morata is a good player and has been on form in the Champions League but to use him as a reason why Juventus struggled under Conte in Europe is clutching at straws. He also had many good players under him - Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio etc - and with the squad he got, he should have done better. And Juventus hardly struggled in the league last season without Morata. It's only more of an issue this season since they let a few of their key players go.

That's unlikely to happen in reality. Suspect Ancelotti is keeping one eye on the job at Roma.

I had a dream that i'am looking at the league table and we are 2nd, Arsenal are 1st, City 3rd, MU 4th and liverpool and spurs have the same amount of points. But than i woked up and realized that was only a dream....

And I don't find that surprising for Bran, he is physically weak at the moment ( the reason opponents litterally walk past him ), and has been holding his hamsting a few times on the last 2 or 3 games ( mostly against Porto ), makes total sense.

His body can't do it anymore...