The Mourinho Thread

Pretty sad they'll recycle that old quote for controversy and they'll get away with it too considering the daggers are out now. Look at the Chelsea fans on here falling for their tricks.

And Wenger and Jose have had beef since like 2004. Why do people pretend it's a one-sided thing, this is a manager that pushed him in a dugout and somehow got away with it.

Does it matter when it was said? It's still a stupid, disrespectful quote to a guy that did a lot of good for CFC...

That's the proble right there - Jose's massive ego!!!

That's an old quote. That's fucking appalling that they would recycle that quote and pretend Jose said that today.

Guardian has always hated Chelsea -racist hooligan club in their 'right on' middle class view of the World

Great picture (from Jose's new book) of him returning home after Premier League victory.

NZZ6zo-Asdg.jpg

Well this season we may see the same picture of him WITHOUT a trophy - and the back of him as he goes to find another job!

Only his Ego is standing between that decision

Does it matter when it was said? It's still a stupid, disrespectful quote to a guy that did a lot of good for CFC...

That's the proble right there - Jose's massive ego!!!

It was Claudio who started this debate. Jose gave his answer. They both wrong.

Anyway, they got over it.

Ranieri: "When I came back, Mourinho was the first one to send me a message saying ‘welcome back’. We clashed in Italy but that was good for everybody. When I was in Inter every week he sent me a message, he’s a nice boy".

Pretty sad they'll recycle that old quote for controversy and they'll get away with it too considering the daggers are out now. Look at the Chelsea fans on here falling for their tricks.

And Wenger and Jose have had beef since like 2004. Why do people pretend it's a one-sided thing, this is a manager that pushed him in a dugout and somehow got away with it.

Can't blame any Chelsea Fan for falling for it when he is consistently talking about other managers; if it Is Pep, Wegner, or whoever it isn't surprising.

Anyway very unprofessional by The Guardian.

I'm not sure about Conte, i have a love-hate relationship with him, but it would be a massive test for him to come to Chelsea, winning the serie a with Juve is really not that much of an achievement. It is true however that Italy is still unbeaten in the qualifying group, even with some unconvincing performances.

The competition in Serie A may not exactly be strong but I don't think it's fair to say Conte winning the league title with Juventus isn't much of an achievement. He did take over a team that was stuck in mediocrity and turned them into champions (within a season), achieving some incredible milestones along the way.

Yes it is not a big achievement winning the league with Juventus but so is winning the Scottish league with Rangers, Bundesliga with Bayern. Conte cares about diet like Wenger, builds a squad and yells at players like Ferguson, knows the psychology of top players and rich owners like Carlo. Among the options we have Conte is the best.

Conte's league achievement is impressive but think you're making him out better than he actually is. He isn't the only manager out there who cares about diet or knows the psychology of top players. There are others out there who do as well. We just don't hear enough of them. I don't get where this 'Conte knows the psychology of rich owners like Carlo' came from. The owners at Juventus are hardly ruthless and demanding compared to who Ancelotti had worked for at AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid.

On top of that, Conte has long been accused of being too stubborn and/or pragmatic with his playing style (even his Italy have struggled to convince) and many believe it's one of the reasons why Juventus always flatter to deceive under him in Europe. His record in the Champions League is pretty poor with the squad he's got - 16 games played, only 6 wins, 6 draws and 4 losses. Compare this to Allegri's Juventus - 15 matches played, 9 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. Conte's European record suddenly makes Mancini look decent in continental competitions. Shouldn't also forget that despite possessing arguably the strongest side in Italy, he failed to win a single Coppa Italia and he reached the final only once.

Fair play to Liverpool - they saw a problem (Rodgers regressing) acted and it looks like they have got a great manager.

I know you're unhappy with Mourinho but let's be fair here for a moment. Liverpool decided to sack Brendan Rodgers because he has not improved the club since he took over in 2012, this after spending more than 300m. They didn't do that because Rodgers was suddenly going downhill in the last few months and let's not forget that Liverpool could have sacked him in the summer but didn't. So, it's not like they acted on the spot even though the problems were so clear that even a blind person could see them. Our issue under Mourinho only started in January or in the summer considering we still know how to play football at the very least in the second half of last season. And Mourinho has the track record that Rodgers doesn't have to suggest that he could maybe turn things around. So, you can maybe understand why the club haven't pulled the trigger yet.

So everybody thinks we'll be ok apart from some members on a forum

Hmm

Seriously, this kind of post again? :doh: Some of you lot are walking on a very fine line here.

“What’s going on? I do not know. The results with Chelsea at the moment have been really bad. I cannot hide that reality, and I don’t want to. And I struggle to find an explanation."

Good to know he still doesn't know what's going on. Maybe because he is incapable of seeing faults in himself? Not encouraging.

Mourinho was then asked his opinion of the Leicester City manager, Claudio Ranieri, who he succeeded at Stamford Bridge in 2004.

“He has lived for five years in England and still has trouble saying good morning and good afternoon. He is almost 70 [Ranieri is 63], and he has won a Super Cup and another small cup. He’s too old to change mentality.”

What the actual fuck? Embarrassing.

:lol:

If people want to criticize Mourinho, at least find something concrete to do so rather than taking up some old quotes to condemn him.

If people want to criticize Mourinho, at least find something concrete to do so rather than taking up some old quotes to condemn him.

Yes, my bad for jumping the gun. I'm not used to English media being so cynical, should have known better.

So everybody thinks we'll be ok apart from some members on a forum

Hmm

All superficial to me because like I said if by December we have not improved his a goner.

No way he stays here after December and we are stuck in a relation battle.

But we should be good and Mourinho good enough to recover. If we can't recover is because he really lost the dressing room and the players are not responding.

Yes, my bad for jumping the gun. I'm not used to English media being so cynical, should have known better.

Guardian has edited that article I believe. It now only has the quotes of Mourinho thanking Roman and responding to Capello's comments.

The same story over on Daily Telegraph though... :doh:

Guardian has edited that article I believe. It now only has the quotes of Mourinho thanking Roman and responding to Capello's comments.

The same story over on Daily Telegraph though... :doh:

Can't they be sued for such mischief?

“What’s going on? I do not know. The results with Chelsea at the moment have been really bad. I cannot hide that reality, and I don’t want to. And I struggle to find an explanation."

Good to know he still doesn't know what's going on. Maybe because he is incapable of seeing faults in himself? Not encouraging.

Mourinho was then asked his opinion of the Leicester City manager, Claudio Ranieri, who he succeeded at Stamford Bridge in 2004.

“He has lived for five years in England and still has trouble saying good morning and good afternoon. He is almost 70 [Ranieri is 63], and he has won a Super Cup and another small cup. He’s too old to change mentality.”

What the actual fuck? Embarrassing.

And this is the man people want as our manager in the long term. SMH.

It was Claudio who started this debate. Jose gave his answer. They both wrong.

Anyway, they got over it.

Ranieri: "When I came back, Mourinho was the first one to send me a message saying ‘welcome back’. We clashed in Italy but that was good for everybody. When I was in Inter every week he sent me a message, he’s a nice boy".

Jose is turning enemies into friends. Allardyce, Ancelotti, Ranieri. After he came back in 2013 even Wenger was a friend to him who was going to teach him how to be in one club for many years. That didn't last long though. But if you're nice to someone you can appease them and forget about old fights.

You can as well turn friend into enemy like with Pep Guardiola. It's all up to him.