The Mourinho Thread

wall of text

That is some really aggressive love right there :D

But it's exactly how i've been feeling in the last few weeks/days, and exactly what i've been saying a few times, we're only coming out stronger as a team if we get by this bad run with the same staff and players as we do now. Everyone will mature, even José and the club will really benefit from it.

Brilliant post. :clap::clap:

Wow, this is starting to become a bit ridiculous. All of you who believe the coach is being too harsh on the players by "putting all the blame on them" and being arrogant... seriously get real. They're grown men, I'm pretty sure they can handle it. Besides, what if this is his way of motivating them? And since when can't a coach criticize his own players? He took Matic off after less than thirty minutes and now Matic has been made a scapegoat and it's the end of the world. Since when can't a manager take off a player if he believes he's not doing his job properly? Yes, it rarely happens, but the manager has every right in the world to do it.

Just went to hang out with my ladie and watch The Martian (thought the movie was pretty average), and when I returned home I was really shocked by two things:

1- Mourinho has not been sacked yet.

2- Only 50% of people who answered the poll so far believe Mourinho should not get the axe. I thought it would be up to 90%.

If people who make decisions know what they are doing, Mourinho will sacked as far as monday, but since they already gave him a contract extension, one year before the end of the current deal, then perhaps they don't know what they are doing, and there will be a dead man wakling as the manager untill someone realize the axe is rational thing to do.

@DYC., Do you remember when I said Mourinho doesn't have many options after Chelsea?

His post-match interview reeked of somebody who knows his options are limited.

For me Mourinho's future is pretty clear: he will manage a european NT after Euro 16, probably England or Portugal, and stay there for the next 4 or 6 years.

Seems on this forum that many of the people who are craving stability are the same people calling for Mourinho's head. Our first real wobble since his return, off the back of a double no less, and they want him gone... Stability indeed.

Makes you wonder how much time any new manager would be afforded. Klopp to pick a popular name, would he also be under intense scrutiny if he were in the same position? Is a period of instability all it takes to declare a potential the long term project a failure and so on to the next one?

Stability means taking the rough with the smooth and since José came back this is the only really rough period we've had.

This is something more than a rough period, it's more like the start of a downward trend

I just wish Mourinho would hold every player accountable for their poor performances this season...rather than having double standards and playing favourites with Ivanovic/Fabregas.

I'll be surprised if Mourinho is the manager next season as let's be honest, he wasn't brought here for 'stability', because Mourinho and stability are like antonyms

What pisses me off the most is the fact that we still play without real fullbacks, well we do play one but he has to play out of position... I wonder how the fuck he even came up with that idea.

At Real he was using Arbeloa and Coentrao frequently. They did not play much after Mourinho. I really don't understand how he evaluates fullbacks.

People did. Even though we won the title, when it was Hazard who was mainly stepping up more than other players and Oscar went back to hiding again, many people were making it clear that KDB should be here. Not so much Mata, but KDB especially as he was always scoring or assisting if not both every week in the Bundesliga. Mata despite not being excellent last season still got into double figures with goals and that is considering one stage he struggled to get in the team. Mata was a fans favourite and one of our best players and while we got a big fee for him, his replacement is not as good and has not lived up to the hype Mourinho gave him which is more frustrating.

The most worst decision of Mourinho is selling Mata and KDB, and signing of Cesc and Pedro. That make Chelsea need to rebuild again.

I honestly thing if we had gotten another manager instead of Mourinho we still would have won the league. We had great squad depth especially in attack. All we needed was a DM and ST. Bring back KING CARLO please before this idiot ruins the team further.

Tell me what would those transfers do at the current situation? Who are those transfers that he wanted?

Mouinho biggest failing is getting the best out of his players; almost every midfielder and forward has either stagnated or regressed at Chelsea. The frightening thing is that the longer our players have been exposed to Mou tactics and training the worse they have gotten.

Remember how good Matic was when he arrived? Damn it seems like a distant memory when he had that game against City and had prime Yaya in his pocket. Was a Lion when he came in, and literally the perfect DM he had everything? Now he got shamefully substituted as a sub.

Cesc in his first few months here was so good. Not just his assists but he was genuinely controlling the game. Always on the ball and always looking to receive the pass and passing forward. Now the game just passes by and he avoids the ball, and has been like this for most of last season too. Or Oscar how much promised he showed in his first first season, the boy has stagnated and I know him and many other players are better then they have showed under Mou.

How about the players who have left like KDB, Salah, Cuardado. They have been sensational since leaving Mou and his tactics.

It is honestly disheartening when Chelsea fans or oppositions take a swap at our players. Call Hazard overrated, Oscar shit, Cesc a fraud, Matic a poor mans Carraick. It is simply not true, under a friendlier attacking tactic and training they would be different players.

I really wish our players the best and it would be such a waste for them to continue under Mou. They deserve better.

it doesn't matter who we bring in you simply cannot over look this.

They are playing like frauds. The whole lot of them in fact, with maybe exception to Azpilicueta and the GK.

I can accept that they are lacking confidence upfront, and are not able to create a decent chance of that, but in the past three matches they have been going AWOL when it comes to pressing the opposition and closing down space. They don't cover for each other, they refuse to track back.., and put in limp tackles. These are the basics, and you can't forgive them for failing in this. When Mane from Southampton does 10 times of what Hazard has done in recent matches, you know that the team is just caving in for the opposition. No fight in the whole lot of them. I don't trust them to recover even if we bring in a new manager at this point.

What are you on about in that first paragraph? The whole squad is currently playing horribly. What have that list of players got to do with anything? The current crop weren't rubbish last season, poor at times, but not like this. So it seems to me like his hands are somewhat tied given that the lot of them seem poor.

I can't comment on Baba as I know nothing about him, it would be a sad state of affairs if he isn't good enough to get in to our defence, but I'm not on the training ground every day.

i was stating the number of "replacements" we had for iva which jose does not deem good enough. not that hard to understand.

Rumor is Rodgers will be sacked after Everton's game. Some Liverpool fans think they'll get Klopp.

Klopp's waiting for the job at Bayern next summer when Guardiola's gone. One of my best mates runs the FC Bayern Fan Club in Romania and he usually attends at least one game per month there. He's got a lot of German friends in Munich, season ticket holders at Bayern and they confirmed it to him. Also one of the Bundesliga commentators at Eurosport Romania, Bayern fan as well and probably the best and most intelligent commentator in this country, keeps talking about this thing every match like it's a done deal already. This guy adores Guardiola and his philosophy but agrees that this will be his last season in charge there and Klopp will be taking the reigns at Bayern next summer. I'm thinking that you would not be speaking about something live on TV week-in, week-out if it had not had any substance in it I guess.